How to colonize pre-warp worlds
- you need to be in an alliance
- research the genesis project
- you may want to use the colony star , it protects your troop transports
- research some or all troop transports, they carry troops to protect or attack colonies.
- look at the strategical colony map
- search for reachable uncolonized pre warp worlds (grey ) and colonise them with a fleet that has a colony star in it.
Colonies will provide reinforcements (ri) which are needed to build troops. The reinforcements will be available for all alliance members.
- Build troop transports and carry them to your (most valuable) colonies to protect them.
Or carry them to enemy colonies (red ) to conquer them.
You need a Colony star to create new Colonies, but you can transport your troops with any warp capable ship
- if you don't have enough reinforcements to built enough troop transports to conquer an enemy colony, you can build wings of terror to support your troops. with wings of terror you can bombard an enemy colony to lower the organisation of the units on that colony
A colony with less organisation is easier to conquer, with less units.
There are 3 different troops
- Defense guns (not suited for attacks, but very good against tanks and medium good against infantry)
- Tanks (good against infantry, bad aganist defense guns)
- Infantry (good against defense guns, bad against tanks)
Reinforcements are not restricted. Alliances can colonize as much colonies as they want to and get that reinforcements. But the transport capabilities are restricted to the MP of the transport vessels.
best strategical alliances
This article does not expand on everything within the subject. You can help the Spacetrace wiki by expanding it.