Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
More on Pre-Warp Techs

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » More on Pre-Warp Techs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that these off-market tech should be more readily and abundantly available?
Yes!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No!
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: More on Pre-Warp Techs

I still would like to see all technologies become available to be researched, but until then, how about making "All Existing Technologies" actually exist? I mean, there are the 3 "Special" planets that have only a couple significant quantities of the "off-market" technologies and a couple resarchable ones, but where are the rest of the existing techs?

I am talking about the Cerberus Fighter, the Blob, Raptor, Hyper Mothership, Magellen Cruiser, Toadstool MK2, Winged-Beater, Heavy Cruiser, Death Star MK1, A-Wing, Kinetic Deflector, Frigate MK2, Disable Ship, Porcupine, EMP-Pulser, Particle Thruster, Multi-Beam Frigate, and Natal Cruiser.

All of these ships are listed under "All Existing Technologies", but are not available at the "Special" planets and, speaking as someone who actually uses Archeological probes, finding most of them is proving very difficult, and collecting any significant number of them is impossible. Since they are "All Existing Technologies", why not place them for pick up on a planet, or atleast greatly increase the number of them that are out there! What use is ONE A-Wing going to do for me, or ONE Raptor. I really covet alot of these techs and I want to get my hands on them to actually use in battle, not just to place in a museum!

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject:

as i said before i would like to have 1000 ships for spacetrace

but there are some problems ... dsp's get unreadable and the balance is so fragile...

my suggestion to solve this problem was to classify tec into 3 (or more) classes:

like :

core: fighter, destroyer, cruiser
basic: all existing tecnologies
high-tec: anything we want to add...
ultra-high-tec:...

the way to balance out this would be that a tec-class will only be able to attack tec that is one level below : basic will be able to attack core, high-tec will only attack basic, but not core... aso.

this way we could have a gigantic tec tree because we could balance everything out - with the heart of the tec as we know it.

this solves not the dsp problem though (maybe this can be solved by showing the tec-classes in the dsp)

but as ncaries said before... more important is to make the strategical part of st better connected
 Back to top »
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject:

Oo ...

You already know my position on new ships. What ever you can come up with to make it possible, I am all for. Variety is the spice of life, after all. Even with as many different combinations that are possible now, I still adore the idea of many, many more becoming possible.

What about those ships that are classified under "All Existing Technologies" that DON'T significantly effect the balance? I understand it is very fragile, but, ships like the Disable Ship and the Kinetic Deflector wouldn't cause THAT much of an imbalance, would they? In my opinion, a couple of those ships should be added to IMPROVE balance in the game. Well.. Maybe with a little tweak here and there.

I wasn't aware of the DSP bug, how exactly does that work? Too many different ships corrupts probe data?

I meant to say this before, but I figured it goes without saying: I know you guys are working hard and at their best, new ideas are put on the back burner to make time for improving the connection between tactical and strategical gameplay. Just because I throw a less-than-priority idea out there doesn't mean I expect you guys to stop what you are doing and jump on it. More honestly put, if I dont post them, I will probably forget to ever do it!

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I wasn't aware of the DSP bug, how exactly does that work? Too many different ships corrupts probe data?

it's not a technical problem - it's about the problem to interpret the dsp data if there are 1000 different ships...

if we ever make that thing with the higher tec-classes - we need to solve this problem somehow (something like a percent distribution of tec-class usage for each class shown on the dsp, for example...)

we're in a strange situation... i am willed to make this game more complex and demanding, but there are only 20 players in the world, willed to master the existing complexity ...
 Back to top »
vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject:

could you at least refresh the suplies on prewarp worlds???
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » More on Pre-Warp Techs

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: