Goto page Previous  1, 2
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » about colonies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
but at the moment it is quite hard to reach the colonies, we need some kind of wormhole-network to be able to reach colonies, that are far away from your homeplanet. or maybe another system to get more reinforcements to your fleets, that are far away from your planet

i don't think so ... the territorial factor of the game is nice. the answer to this problem is an organization problem and that is good for the game.

one player is most effective near to his base, if we would make everything full of wormholes the feeling of space and the territorial factor goes to 0.

anyway ... the empirial gameplay is about huge alliance... a huge empire needs many players to survive... i think that is ok
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject:

we plan to change the number and distribution of colonizable planets.

the number should not exeed 400.

the distribution should make strategical planing more effective. we want to distribute the colonizable planets like this:

a big central cluster surrounded by slightly smaller clusters, which are only reachble with "bridge colonies". you could secure a cluster by securing all 4 brigde colonies that define its border.
 Back to top »
DarkCloud
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject:

hey so im a little behind on the colony updates ive read through the forum for it and it seems cool but there is just one thing I was wondering about it that im still unclear about. You said colonizing a planet increases population, does that mean that it increases your mp? More importantly im wondering if there is a separation b/t manpower used for fleets, and manpower used to build colony defenses. That is the one thing that is keeping me from getting into the colony game. B/c if there is not two distinct and separate manpower for the colony game and the actual game itself than playing the colony game just takes away from spacetrace an only gets your credits instead of point total, If i remember correctly. Not saying its bad, just saying its not for me if that is still the case.
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject:

the empire game is not really desinged for spacetrace veterans. st is really complex to play at that level, and it is hard to form an alliance that has more than 10 members.
the empire game is more another layer inside st which is easy to play, and is won by bigger alliances . i think this will make st complete, because it will draw players into this game.

it is true that you cannot play both game styles at one time really, because you need so much mp to build troop transports. but veterans could fight for their own profit to destroy empire fleets - easy targets

and i think that is the right combination - it is easy to play the empire game, but you will need some support from the veterans.

i recruited many friends who can easily play the empire game, without spending so much time - and they think it is fun and easy to access .

i think the redistribution of the colonies will improve the gameplay a lot because it will generate more strategical hot spots, which need to be conquered with coordinated tactical fleets and transports fleets. we will test it for the next era
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject:

there will be another change for next round. there will be a basic ri for every player from the beginning ... like 50 ri or so.

so , even if an alliance has conquered all colonies, another alliance can (with massive player support) still be in the race.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » about colonies
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: