battle simulator
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » battle simulator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: battle simulator

Just a thought. Don't bit my head off. I"M DUMB

What if there could be a area in game on forums or someplace else that you could pick 1 of the 5 races, it gives you a list of all the ships in that race. You pick what ever fleet configuration you want without the WAIT and you fight it against fleet thats random of another race or something you could also control. WAIT READ MORE BEFORE BITTING MY HEAD OFF. You get an instant battle report of what would have happened. If you don't understand you could use the forums for help or the forums would already post that make believe battle. I think that would help with the card game also. The bad thing about this game which there arn't that many if any at all bad things is the WAIT. You log in and then you can only do so much and then you wait to tomorrow. I'm just saying if there is another area other then the guest account area that you could keep occupied by playing with different configurations. I think it would help new people learn the game and stick around longer. I OVIOUSLY AM NOT A SMART PERSON< BUT I LIKE THIS GAME. I just think that if you could see what you could do if you waited for all the research to happen after knowing what the ships do in battle it would make that wait more exciting for new DUMBER PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF to keep interested
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject:

There is a battle simulator located in the ST galaxy

Someone on these forums knows where it is. I do too, and if noone else answers before I do I'll look it up and post the coords.

At the simulator, everything is speeded up so you can try lots of fleet configs against other fleet configs without waiting all day long.

I think there is a quite recent post with these coords also.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject:

Planet Nanosource: 470/497/46 battle sim-enjoy
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Just a thought. Don't bit my head off. I"M DUMB

Also, we're a friendly community and would never bite your head off for simply asking a question.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Thank You
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject:

I have used the battle sim and it is cool. It is a small scale very fast running galaxy.

If you have questions post them here.

Spacegamer
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject:

You are certainly doing the right thing, asking questions in forum.

You can just blast away, and we will be happy to help you.

Since you are so new to the game, some basics might be needed. Take a look at Tarvs thread:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6932&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

This thread has some very good basic tips in it. If you ar beyond this, then I suggest the battle simulator and browsing the forums, and asking newbie helpers (a star after their name in your coms list)
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject:

thanks for the replies, what I meant was some little side game that has nothing to do with the actual game. something you can do to kill time while waiting without using your in game manpower. I know the basics it's just by the time you get your research finished you already got attacked by a older player. Bye bye Defence Array thanks for nothing then your fleets at the battle simulator a poof there goes your base and you get to read the battle report on how your base didn't do anything but get ****ed while you were away. 12hours of building your base which in the mean time makes you wonder how long till that jerk attacks me again and if you will ever get a chance to get your research going. What is fun about all my BLAH BLAH BLAH typing is that you guys actually get something to read. Which I know is exciting for some of you.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

you are not using your ingame manpower. you just have to fly to that planet to get access to the balltesimulator. you don_t use your recources there.
you can even fly there with just one scout ship
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Why I sense some hostility here?
This is a real time game.You cant do much to speed time up.Its just that kind of a game,sorry.
If you are getting battered up by one and the same player why not ask him to stop?
If that wont work why not ask someone to help you defend If not with fleets at least with some descent advice how to counter his fleets.I doubt that your attacker is changing his setup every attack he makes on you.He clears your base because you dont do nothing to stop him.Im also guessing that he is your neighbour,why dont you attack him back.Dont be frustrated because you lost a base once or twice,we all lost it.Do something about it,dont come here and insult us.We love the game and we try to help anyone that comes along,especially to those who are beaten up in their first evo.
About the side games you have colony game and that monster game.

Greetz Marlito

P.S.
Your base needs 12 hours to rebuild.You have 24h battle pause with your attacker so that leaves you with 12 hours to build up new fleet.And even If he again shoot up your base and your ships arent finished your production wont stop because of it.
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject:

about the battle simulator...
admin, since you seem to be really active right now, which is very positive, i'd like to bring up an old problem i just remembered about the battle simulator. as i recall there were some problems with some races not being able to build all ships from the neighbouring races. as a mycolloid i couldnt build some of kazuula ships which was really depressing because i wanted to try out some potentially groovy combos. have you looked into this matter already? if you haven't then please do.
some discussion about the subject can be found at the end of this thread here http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4994&start=20

take care!
 Back to top »
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the answers. There's no hostility it's all just questions that need answers. Which thank you everybody for that. Remember if I asked a DUMB question it's because I'm DUMB.
 Back to top »
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject:

off topic, FAILTRIP why don't you post you coordinates so I can try out my fleet on you when it's ready. Then this game will be even better for us noobs. I'm sure your real confident about everything so it shouldn't be a problem if everybody in IG and TF tries to attack you now and then your score will go up, everybody gets to be in forums again talking about it with probes at your base and all that fun stuff. Or you don't have to post it and then we will see how confident you really are. Please don't get mad at me everybody in Spacetrace, even you Failtrip. Because I'm talking trash I don't mind my base being attacked and all, but I'm just tring to spice up the forums
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
off topic, FAILTRIP why don't you post you coordinates so I can try out my fleet on you when it's ready. Then this game will be even better for us noobs. I'm sure your real confident about everything so it shouldn't be a problem if everybody in IG and TF tries to attack you now and then your score will go up, everybody gets to be in forums again talking about it with probes at your base and all that fun stuff. Or you don't have to post it and then we will see how confident you really are. Please don't get mad at me everybody in Spacetrace, even you Failtrip. Because I'm talking trash I don't mind my base being attacked and all, but I'm just tring to spice up the forums

Bugman read some old forumns you will see that posting cords is naughty.
Are you Durango/Jack09 in hiding. or Mighty/DL just stiring things up.

How do you know it was Failtrip1 that did it? Although he is mean enough to do that nastyness.

Spacegamer
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject:

460/514/53

Come and get it fellas.Its undefended,I even dont have DSP over it.So 1000 easy points for anyone willing.

And no dumb questions ,only dumb answers so just go ahead asking.
 Back to top »
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject:

be there soon. give me another week. IR of Chaos 460-514-53
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject:

You have to hurry though:state of evolution: 95.2%