Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
design some space ship fights or something with Blender
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » design some space ship fights or something with Blender
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: design some space ship fights or something with Blender

Hello I am trying to teach myself how to use Blender which is a 3D graphics modelling program I've installed on my new laptop now that I have a bit more now that I am only studying 2 days a week at university. I was wondering if I could perhaps make this benefitial to spacetrace and if there is anybody who might be interested in learning it with me on msn and perhaps we could design some space ship fights or something in time. The prgram is free to download on windows and linux and is capable of running on an average computer however you might need to install the python plugin. If anyones interested let me know.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:

its a very good freeware app, but also has a lot of problems like its crappy interface that makes the learning curve huge. commercial apps surpass it on all levels, but its a good place to start if you are not into pirating a better program. i dont know much about blender, have never used it, but if you need advice on 3d in general you can pm me your questions. i have a lot of experience when it comes to 3d.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Senor and yeah Blender does seem to have a rather large learning curve however I am picking up the basic feel of the interface now I am glad to say and it's not that bad once you get the hang of it since I am both a student and a linux user I have not the funds or the desire to buy commercial packages at this point in my life however I am having a oit of fun going through tutorials and teaching myself new things. I'm also planning on ordering a book on blender to help me learn.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject:

sounds great

iwould love to see some new ship designs.

we still need free ship pictures for our cardgame
http://cardgame.spacetrace.org
http://shop.spacetrace.org
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject:

this topic is about ship-design with blender or alike software.

i moved the topic about a visual battlereport here:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6936
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » design some space ship fights or something with Blender
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: