Fair play
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Fair play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Fair play

In the interest of fair play and a cooler forumn I would like to see all the hidden rules of the game posted here.

According to admin there are only two rules.

According to the veteran players of the game that is not true. There are many hidden dos and don'ts, gentlemans agreements, house rules and you can do this but don't get caught.

Well CGC is a new alliance with new players in this game. We don't know all those things and it seems the veterans of the game were kinder in the begining of ST than they are now. Seems in the old days a player was given the benefit of ingorance and the vets laughed off the point loss. Several times admin has posted that what a vet claims is a rule has not really been confirmed as a rule. Thus causing fixes to the game.

If you must flame this post go ahead but maybe you could help out the newbies like me and post these house rules Here. Unless you really just have something againt CGC.

Be fair post all the hidden rules.

Spacegamer
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject:

Ummm....I'm not sure of any "hidden" rules other than "gentlemens" agreements. People will get bent out of shape if someone makes a living off of newb's continuously unless the newb has a penchant for multi'ing.

I know you think we ( the community) has been tough on you but when I started playing ST, it was a viper's pit. It really is much more friendly to new players now...especially 1st evo players. There was no training alliance, you were thrown off the deep end and it took me 6 months before I was able to get a positive score. Vets fed off of newbs. Take a look at some of the high scores in the archives. No way will 2 experienced players attain the points won fighting against each other that show in the archives. Scores between experienced players will usually be less than 500 points won or lost and on occasion you get lucky and score 1 or 2K.

It was really tough being a newb then.
Still not easy but it's not as bad as it was.

I find it difficult to list any of the unspoken rules as they are more rules of compassion based on individual taste than hard rules.
In casual warfare, you usually do not suppress someone and even sometimes give prior warning of impending attack.
War between alliances are a more serious battleground and casual battles are not a normal occurrence.

With that said, one must always be aware they may end up an ally next era as their prime opponent this era so it is best to leave the "dirty" tricks alone unless you know you will never be an ally of your opponent.

It's really a tough question to answer but...let your conscience be your guide.

Perhaps others can come up with tactics that are considered not sportsmanlike but ATM I'm grasping at straws to come up with any.
Perhaps others here can expound on my initial thoughts.
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject:

T2,

Thanks for the reply.

At this time I am not expecting people to remember all of the little things that are not to be done. What I was thinking is that if a player was suppected of breaking one of these. Like newbie bashing a warning to them could be posted in a nice way here.

I don't know maybe that wouldn't work but I think it is worth a try.

I have a question and I beleive many players do this.

Is makeing and deleting new planets looking for a good spot or higher amount of Man Power cheating?

Thanks,

Spacegamer
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Fair play

SpaceGamer wrote:
In the interest of fair play and a cooler forumn I would like to see all the hidden rules of the game posted here.

Cooler forum you say? This was one of the friendliest community I have ever encountered on-line...wonder why isnt it any more...

SpaceGamer wrote:
According to admin there are only two rules.

1 player,1 account!
No account sharing!

Now please tell me what is so hard to understand here.

SpaceGamer wrote:
According to the veteran players of the game that is not true. There are many hidden dos and don'ts, gentlemans agreements, house rules and you can do this but don't get caught.

Where did you hear this?There are no house rules but like in every other thing in life there are some moral standings and if you behave like a dog you shall be dealt as one.Simple as that.

SpaceGamer wrote:
Well CGC is a new alliance with new players in this game. We don't know all those things and it seems the veterans of the game were kinder in the begining of ST than they are now. Seems in the old days a player was given the benefit of ingorance and the vets laughed off the point loss. Several times admin has posted that what a vet claims is a rule has not really been confirmed as a rule. Thus causing fixes to the game.

If you dont know all those things how in the hells name do you know how was in the begging of the Spacetrace?Please enlighten me...
Who told you what was and wasnt given to a new player.You are here just one evo,arent you?

Two rules remember!?

SpaceGamer wrote:
If you must flame this post go ahead but maybe you could help out the newbies like me and post these house rules Here. Unless you really just have something againt CGC.

Cant you be any more obvious?Stand from a higher moral ground and preach down on us how it used to be and how it is so we have to come crawling down on our knees and say yes we were bad ,we accept you...

Did DL made you post for her so she can victimise her self some more?

SpaceGamer wrote:
Be fair post all the hidden rules.

Spacegamer

Be fair and stop being hypocritical puppet.
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject:

^ took it right out of my mouth

Fair play is simple. play fair and you never have to worry about passing any boundaries which might be considered cheating. or go create shitload of accounts to find one with higher mp and better place so you can "accidentally" log in to another one you made with one of your dozen emails "later during the week" and set it to defend you. "no big deal" right?

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject:

Failtrip,

You are correct Failtrip I don't know how it used to be. But I have read posts that go back to the beginning of this game and the ones I have read are not half as mean as you are being to me.

I am not preaching I am asking for help. Your reply is not very nice or friendly or informative. So why you being so nasty still? I have admitted what I did.

Your just a mean player stirring up anger. Therefore the formun is a meaner place than it was.

Spacegamer
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject:

So you must have been reading posts prior to CGC arrival in Spacetrace I guess.

If your asking us to help you behave in life then something is wrong with you mate.

If you go down the street and spit a guy in a face, you cant expect for that man to be your friend right?

Same is here you get what you give.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject:

I'll make an assumption from the tone of your post and the non-verbal idea that is passed to me, you are a victim of some improper advice. Just a foot soldier in a new game following orders from Lilly who, lets face it, experience here is limited.

This is not a slap on Lilly as she certainly is as capable of stacking as good a fleet as anyone. I believe Lilly is acting on questionable experience however. Her time here has not yet allowed the subtle nuances the community makes to seep in yet.
Why do you think there are players here that have played for 5-7 years and many old players come back for a visit...a little action for a few weeks then leave again ?

For instance, it was assumed by Lilly if an alliance is at war, nobody else will interfere. This assumption is false and solely based upon the "Respect Factor" one builds while being here.

CGC's biggest mistake as an alliance was to allow Lilly to score very low in the "respect factor". A good leader, would recognize this weakness and designated a "spokesman" that was capable of winning the respect of the community and in turn, the respect of the alliance.
Problem is now, due to the bad case of diplomatic relations, everyone wants a piece of CGC.

CGC has lost the war from poor forum usage and failed miserably in the propaganda aspect among the other players of the game in garnering support.
At one point WFS was considering assisting you I think however, again the MOC failed in communicating the proper messages that can garner support from the community.

The demands to change the flag rules were an open invitation to prove that the changes would only complicate an already somewhat difficult game to understand. Of course people who have played as long as the game has been around thinks it's bad idea. Not 1 guy or 2 guys but many many guys know it will not help.
Result is...CGC do not get to keep their flag and it becomes a target for everyone.

Failtrip1 is angry that you did not accept responsibility for doing something you should know in your heart was wrong.

You would be best served to work with another alliance to get a better idea of different players tactics and ways things are sometimes done. Not rules, but certain respect shown to other players. Some players warrant deep respect even if they are not your type of person you would drink beer with after work.
But believe me, the current players of ST are good people and the hostility shown is from the "Hostility Shown".

Get into another alliance and learn the psychology behind the game. there are more than 1 ways winning and some of the time, the best debater, propaganda artist, salesman, call it what you want can play the most important role in keeping a successful alliance together and successful. It's a very important part of warfare.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject:

I forgot to say... regarding evoing in and out. I, in wartimes past tried 3 or 4 times to evo back in to a spot where I would not be discovered right away or tried to find a strategic spot to have a base. MP never was a consideration of it however as too many ships is as bad as not enough...worse if you have the wrong stack !

MP is based on how far you are from the centre of the galaxy or black hole.
It's not against the rules but if you are anything over 10% the lost research is not usually worth it.

Evans... Star Commander was notorious for deleting his base when the heat got turned up and he took a pounding in the forums for it but still...within the rules and nobody hates him for it.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject:

Ok... now there is no call for calling me a horrible leader with no communication skills...

There is plenty of reasons why I've lost my cool on these forums...

It started with us winning the last era... by a landslide... so the whole XYZ war started to make sure we were worthy of the points... because they thought we 'farmed' most of them... yah sure we did... but only because a veteran player told us to do so...

Quote:
8/26/2008 7:53:23 PM Spocko Says: active player can be mycilloid
8/26/2008 7:53:51 PM Spocko Says: send out DSPs all the time, swank the crap out of newbs and inactives

Now, with that said a player with much greater experience approved this matter... so we did it... only to find ourselves condemned for taking a veteran's advice...

Next, we get told from Shade of a very dirty tactic... the drop 2 tactic... needless to say we were condemned for that one as well which lead to changes...

Then, we see and have veteran players suggesting to use our evo'd out fleets to protect our FC... so we went ahead and did that one too... only to find ourselves condemned once again...

I think what spacegamer is getting at is what can the CGC do without being condemned for? We do the same things that aren't against the rules and done by veteran players themselves... there's only 2 rules right???

Because of the constant condemning of CGC's tactics this is what has caused me to be rather ignorant and using inappropriate language on these boards...

I have tried to stay away from these forums for the greater good... but the condemning of CGC still continued onward even without me stirring the pot...

I'm sorry that I let myself get out of hand on these boards but I'm not about to sit there and let my alliance get accused of stuff and take it... especially when I know that we weren't the first ones to use such a tactic... I tried to be nice... and then that faded as the constant condemning kept on happening towards CGC... which in turn made me not really care and become outraged... so needless to say yes I'm wrong there... but as LV put it... we were provoked... well at least I was...
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject:

Damn, were do you keep those messages, its been like 7 months and you still have them, and how come you havnt been banned yet?
 Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject:

this topic is not that innocent like it wants to look like!
spacegamer, you play tricks on the ST community if you want any additional rules to be posted here! or you're used by your leader to do so.

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RULES!!!
(CGC member logged in into second/old account - broke at least one rule)

besides these rules you should behave respectful to other people and to the game idea! this is no additional rule, just how everyone should treat others online and in real life!

too stupid topic, and it will not work!
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject:

and lilly, do not harm the ST community by deleting ST forum topics!!!
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject:

Hes asking for fair play when he cheats and multis, that doesnt make sense :O
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject:

I think we should cut Spacegamer some slack. With admin changing the FC rules and Spacegamer just entering his 3rd evo, there certainly could have been a problem.
He certainly has gotten the message and part of the responsibility rests ..dare I say it, with the alliance leadership.

It is a good leaders responsibility to make sure their alliance follows the rules. This did not happen behind the leadership's back. As a matter of fact, leadership was heavily involved.

Cut the guy some slack...he is still out there fighting after all.
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject:

3rd evo and he still did this, no slack from me
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject:

Jack I am only starting my third time.

My first time I deleted out early I have only been playing a few months longer than you.

Heriasast of Cubusu 11/08 -15394 points

By the way did you loose your way to my planet. I don't see you on incomming.

I am waiting.
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject:

Naa, as long as your not a flanking bitch ill come
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

T2 your posts wil be very helpful to me and I hope they will help other new players also. The differance between what happens in a war and when not at war is good to know I think I would have been better prepared for what was going to happen then.

Again Thank you for your support T2.

Here is the List so far.

Adimins Rules Don't ever do these.

1. No multiple acoounts that includes playing a Evolved out Account.
2. No sharing of accounts.
3. No spamming the forumn. Too many Posts in a day is spamming.

Here is the List of things that make people mad and should not be done.

1. Do not reedit a post that was edited by the moderator. I would put do not delete posts but 99% of forumn posters are not moderators.

2. To many Capitol Letters is yelling. Please no yelling.

3. No curseing in the forumn.

More to come.

Spacegamer

Jack you have a long way to go to be the next Mighty.

Jack I am not asking for fairplay as much as one place so a new player can get information on what is allowed and not allowed.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

LOL Jack you don't want to be the new Mighty , I'm sure of that . He was the most hated player in ST for years . But lost his place to DL

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Fair play
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: