Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Should CGC Alliance Be Fined?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Multi reports » Should CGC Alliance Be Fined?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Cheating Alliance Be Fined and If so, How Much ?
Fine should be less Than 11% of total Alliance Score
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Fine should be less than 51% of Alliance Score
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Alliance Score is Reset to 0 points
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Individual Offender is Punished...T.B.D.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
No punishment is required
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I thought this was ok because Senor sent his fleets at my planet when he evoed out.

you say that senor left his fleet somewhere before his account came to an end, he didn't go back in 7 days later to move it... but you admit that you logged back in to your old account after a week in order to move your old fleets to your fc's base, not by accident, but with a purpose to defend your alliance mte. so by your own explanation you were using 2 accounts at the same time in your war against the other alliance.

how do you justify using two accounts at the same time as not multing? if you look at the history of PFIU and TO war you will not find any evidence of such action as this is clearly past just using the old accounts fleet before it evos out. this is using the account after you have created another.

there are 2 rules and one of them says

- only use one account -

so how do you go about justifying using 2 accounts at the sometime as okay? how much clearer can a rule get? you were in command of twice the manpower as every honest player in this game. how is that not cheating?

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOUR ACCOUNTS HELP EACH OTHER. even though in this case you were planing to use them to help each other (your alliance)

you can't use "I pulled the gun but i was too stupid to successfully rob the bank" as a defense in the court.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Here is some brain food for you.I dont know how time is synch in ST but I am pretty sure there was another accident.And from short convo I had with DL on IRC he himself made this accident.And that convo was reason Im leaving the game.

Anywho N`secropud of Baducari and the merchant of menace near u is the same player.I found this out by pure coincidence,because I re spawned next to him.
He evoed out couple of days ago,dont know exactly,but I know he did because Jack hit Dominion at his base(ask him to provide screen shoot if he wants).
As you can see he attacked me at my FC base at 22:38 but he was 8 hours offline with his new account.Also note the time in ST.I never knew how time works in ST so if someone know he can clear this up.
I cant check if he made this account prior or after the hit.But its suspicious enough for me.

But maybe its just me saying goodbye.
Santa of the darkness
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Yes as usual you got it wrong. The new account was made 24hours after the old account was last used.

Bye bye
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject:

your very first comment under this user was to tell jack not to argue with DL as DL is far more knowledgeable than him and he would never win the arguments, now we all know that's not really true in case of DL but I think it is an advise you should keep in mind as it might help your case.

SpaceGamer wrote:
Later that night I created a new account thinking that when I did that in a few days the spacetrace program would delete my old account.

So later in the week my account was still there so I went back in the first account and I saw that my 2 fleets were still there so I moved them to my fcs planet. No big deal.

next time think before you put it back in your mouth! he says he made a new account and went back later in the week (8 days later by our evidence int the topic deleted by dl) to move his old account to his fc, and then again to move his ms out of harms way and away from fc (as witnessed by t2)

next time read before you talk

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)

Last edited by Mighty on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Santa of the darkness
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject:

I am getting fed up reading the constant bickering and accusations about cgc members on the forum it is getting boring now.

I have heard rumours about a lot of the regular participants of the forum with regard to using multi accounts and cheating and the like. But that has not put me of playing and enjoying the game Or made me constantly jump on to the forum banging on about it so other wingers can add their comments until the whole thing blows out of all proportion.

Please everyone just get a grip on reality and concentrate on enjoying the game.
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject:

It's not an accusation when there is proof and confession.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
Drizzt Du Urden
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject:

We cant enjoy the game when people cheat and it gets stupid, common sense, hey if you have no problem santa, then dont come to the forum, go back to the ST and just play the game, if DL doesnt get banned for this and the CGC doesnt get disbanded or docked, i call bull.shit and will leave this game, i got banned from this forum for FLAMING and we have people cussin spamming and all admin say is ITS NOT CHEATING, THEY ARE JUST BENDING THE RULES, well okay then, im going to make 6 accounts for planet crushers and defense fleets and go help my FC, hey im just BENDING the rules.

ADMIN i must ask, what did DL do to get such good treatment from you even in cheating?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject:

I am going to suggest MODS move the body of this thread over to the reopened Censored topic.

This thread should be used to discuss applicable punishments and a clear guideline to what happens when an alliance is caught breaking the RULES as outlined in the recent sticky post by Admin.

Although the poll does not address individuals and non-alliance members, this too should be discussed here.

I would especially like to hear comments and recommendations from Failtrip1 and Connor...both fine, well respected players who has given much time and effort to Spacetrace.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject:

ok,

i think there is a bug: you seem not be able to delete the account after evoed out when you are in an alliance, so this will be changed. maybe we would have to add something: you can only move your fleets to the Black Hole if you are evoed out: http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1999

@T2: sorry i fogot about this hazzle back then in 2007 but it seems like we didnt solve that bug thoroughly by then

so did the CGC win points by using the old accounts or not? if so we should reduce their points by a few

and about the account sharing:
i believe that DL sent her login by accident to the english guy, (this explains his IP inside DL*s IP-Log).
So did he use this for the CGC advantage or not?

if it was an accident and he left immediately and DL changed her Password, then i think no punishment is needed.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject:

this should do it:

players with evolution time ran out are send to the black hole only now

also: you can see that a players evolution time has run out now in the com screen of that player
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Hello Admin,

I think those Evo changes would have helped alot. Then I would not have been confused about what to do.

There was a fine to my alliance when I deleted. It went to the alliance who was holding our flag.

As for how my fleets were affected by my fleets I don't know how many fleets hit them and I did not look at the battle reports on the day I deleted.

Spacegamer
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Sorry Admin you always can leave the alliance at anytime , only when you alliance lost its flagg you can't. If you can enter your HQ screen you can leave . If you delete your account when in an alliance it will tell you te leave the alliance first . just delete alliance tag and change then your out and ready to delete . The game tells you what to do when you delete ! !
Sorry if I'm not so good of trust but this didn't happen by accident , this was fixed . CGC did have advantage . would you attack a base with big fleets for defence ? don't think so also Lilly adjusted her defence to his fleets so all classes where coverd strongly . So I say 1/2 score down of the alliance if possible . Fight fair , I didn't killed a base of CGC in this war ( not my style ) I thought it could be clean but nope , cheating came . proof has been given . but still nothing happend . Only 1 thing ST lost allready 1 respected member . if nothing happen , more will follow . I myself are going for sure if no action will be taken .
Sadly 1 stupid chicken ruined the game for allot

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I am willing to give Arari the benefit of the doubt as there have been considerable changes to the CTF game lately. It is possible the game would not let him delete his account while TOC held the flag IF arari was designate FC when he got hit from Dominion.

Despite all this, I think the root problem is there is no defined punishment procedure for rule breakage.

Admin is left to be judge, jury and executioner despite the multi hunting team.

If it was clear what a punishment was to begin with, admin would not have to be the arbritrater. Punishment should be clear and simple and easy to understand. You break the rule and you lose X% points.

Arari should have made it known when he was "forced" into playing with 2 accounts.
There could also be an appeal process as well.

With regarding the sharing of accounts, If Lilly and Breon normally work from the same IP/computer and co-habitating, info is easily shared by them however, because they are "DATING" just don't cut it. Dating is not a licence to log into each others accounts if they do not share the same IP.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:

and about the account sharing:
i believe that DL sent her login by accident to the english guy, (this explains his IP inside DL*s IP-Log).
So did he use this for the CGC advantage or not?

if it was an accident and he left immediately and DL changed her Password, then i think no punishment is needed.

Correct but the other way around. The english guy sent DL the login by mistake. She logged out immediately and as far as I know it hasnt been clicked again. It wasnt taken advantage of and I believe DL actually reported it to someone after it happened.

As far as the allegation with Breon and DL sharing accounts I do not know anything about that to be honest.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject:

so he sent the info by mistake, Okay. did she login by mistake too?

did it go something along the lines of "Oh I think I'll put in this mistaken user name and this mistaken pass and mistakenly login to his account"

very interesting how so many things could be considered co-incidents and mistakes.

I think I'll go create 5 accounts to attack DL with by mistake!

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject:

You know, if I was in Space Gamer's position, I would just say sorry, and move on.

I think we should all just stop talking. The winner of the ultimate argument between CGC vs. Everyone else is whoever wins the era. That's it. Let's just stop fighting and get to grips with it.

Admin, I would suggest locking this topic, and the other multy one too. I don't think they will really go anywhere and it's just going to be more bickering. Thanks. MJ.
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Mighty I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because I know how stupid you are.

I sent her my account link by mistake. She clicked on it and it went straight onto my account. No login or password needed. It just happens. When you register your next 5 accounts youll notice that all five have a direct link to to your 5 accounts and you dont have to login to your 5 accounts saving yourself a lot of time. The link to your 5 accounts can be seen in the 5 emails you recieved when you registered your 5 accounts.

I sent this by mistake when she asked me for a link to a players profile. She logged out immediately and hasnt used the account since. End of.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
I am willing to give Arari the benefit of the doubt as there have been considerable changes to the CTF game lately. It is possible the game would not let him delete his account while TOC held the flag IF arari was designate FC when he got hit from Dominion.

Despite all this, I think the root problem is there is no defined punishment procedure for rule breakage.

Admin is left to be judge, jury and executioner despite the multi hunting team.

If it was clear what a punishment was to begin with, admin would not have to be the arbritrater. Punishment should be clear and simple and easy to understand. You break the rule and you lose X% points.

Arari should have made it known when he was "forced" into playing with 2 accounts.
There could also be an appeal process as well.

With regarding the sharing of accounts, If Lilly and Breon normally work from the same IP/computer and co-habitating, info is easily shared by them however, because they are "DATING" just don't cut it. Dating is not a licence to log into each others accounts if they do not share the same IP.

I have to agree that there should be a guideline setup about cheating... I know when I was a multihunter everyone was given a warning first allowing the player to correct the mistakes that he/she made... THEN and only if something wasn't done then appropriate actions would be taken... why is this so different?

and due to the rules of not being able to delete your accounts if another alliance has your alliances flag is the reason why he couldn't take action...

if CGC has to loose points over this issue... then Conner's alliance should also loose points as I can tell you he flew his evo'd fleets at CGC quite a bit after he already started his new account...

Spock has also suggested in MSN conversations to send our evo'd fleets to the FC to protect it... I'll pull up the logs on that too...

So the CGC/arari case isn't much different... look at the 2 above other incidents... so again I ask... what makes this scenario any different... its because CGC did it and not the Veterans... maybe if the Veterans didn't tell us to do such stuff or show us they were doing it... maybe newbies and new alliances wouldn't do such stuff... ever heard of leading by example???

and as for Breon and I being on the same IP... we live 13 hrs (driving time) from one another... and we frequently spend several days at each others house... not like we can run up the street to check our antro accounts because we live in the same town...
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject:

mjx1 wrote:
Mighty I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because I know how stupid you are.

I sent her my account link by mistake. She clicked on it and it went straight onto my account. No log in or password needed. It just happens. When you register your next 5 accounts you'll notice that all five have a direct link to to your 5 accounts and you don't have to log in to your 5 accounts saving yourself a lot of time. The link to your 5 accounts can be seen in the 5 emails you received when you registered your 5 accounts.

I sent this by mistake when she asked me for a link to a players profile. She logged out immediately and hasn't used the account since. End of.

oh, so you just accidentally went back to your email from when you had received the activation (and kept the default password) and sent her and copied the link and sent it to her.. makes more sense now! you really think people are stupid enough to believe your bullshits MJX?

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Mighty I'm not sure what your failing to understand about this. Maybe you just want to think I'm a multy because I proved you as one. Let me explain this again. Dragonlily asked for the link to Jacks profile. I copied and pasted the link from my URL browser after I clicked on Jacks profile. I was tired and thought that was just the link to jacks profile and not my account. Lily clicked on it and as soon as she realised what had happened she closed the browser. What about this you dont understand? I volunteer myself to have an IP scan and if it is found that lily has been on my account more than just that one time then please take action to whomever you think is the guilty party but I dont think you will find that
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Multi reports » Should CGC Alliance Be Fined?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: