Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Destroy Probe....do you really want to?
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » old topics » Destroy Probe....do you really want to?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bodyless
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Destroy Probe....do you really want to?

It annoys me to death when i accidently press the destroy probe. And it simply happens too often and of course alyways when i was going to fight....happens mostly when i try to scroll by pressing the mousewheel and firefox thinks i want to open that link in a new tab...or i was in another window and want to bring the browser window back to the front accidently hit the (too dark) link.

My Suggestion would be that whenever you click a destroy probe link the game should ask for a confrimation. a smaller and more visible link might also help.
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject:

lol, I can see it:

Bodyless sitting there, prepared for the crucial fight against DeathHammer of Dwarfhelm.
He takes a look at the probes screen, sees that there is at least 20 minutes left until any action, so he opens a second browser window and spends some time at the "Girls who are allergic to cloth" site.
One of the images on that site is very....... interesting, and he loses track of time. When he looks at the clock, he realizes that the enemy fleets are due to arrive in 23 seconds or so!
Darn! He's been longing to stuff that hammershaft into a place where the sun don't shine, and now he's losing it.
Deftly, with the sure movements of an experienced user, he clicks on the ST window. There is a delay, because the windows search indexer has just started with process priority a zillion times higher than that of any silly user process. He doesn't notice the frantic blinking of the hard drive LED, and clicks again and again on the ST window with rising levels of irritation and adrenaline. He presses some keys just to be sure.
Finally! While his hand is moving towards the reset button the ST window goes active ad blinks through 683 buffered clicks and keys.
Strange...... He can't remember being on the recycling page earlier....
Odd...... Did he really comission 11 new motherships?
And where are all his probes...

mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I think weve all been there colin
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject:

Looks like Colin's been watching Videodrome, again...

Anyway, I agree that it shouldn't be quite so easy to destroy probes. Maybe a header on the probe screen, next to the map and TTC tabs, to go to a destroy screen.

I've lost a probe or two, before I wanted.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Or when you click it it gives a second pop up that says "Do you really want to destroy this, you could fail and lose the game this way?"
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject:

done so
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » old topics » Destroy Probe....do you really want to?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: