XYZ will dominate
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21

DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Conner - your post below should be a separate topic in bug reports if you feel that something is wrong with this... I will open a new topic below for you as admin probably won't read it here...

Last edited by DragonLilly on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
1. Warriors of the Fallen Star° [WFS] 3 98000 5
2. eXamine Your Zipper [XYZ] 6 43600 3
3. Coalition of the Galactic Commonwealth° [CGC] 1 31100 6
4. Warriors Bootcamp [WB] 5 16900 2
5. NoStars° [NS] 8 9500 30

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Imperial Guild° [IG] 37 6
7. Lancatilian 2 1
6. Trailer Park Crew [T.P.C.] 1 5
8. Twilight Force° [TF] 34 7

Why is a 1 men alliance in top list ?

Why is a 1 men alliance in top list ?

Last edited by Connor McCloud on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Admin enforces the 2 main rules. The community enforces the rest. If in doubt about something, ask other players if it would be allowed or not.

You see this is what makes me angry and get out of hand on these forums... We do ask around for suggestions and if stuff is OK... and others tell us it is OK... so we then go thru with it... only to be later condemned.... and needless to say what is right to one might be wrong to others... and we're stuck right in the middle of this ongoing unspoken rules war... not sure which way to turn... as we're being told by one set of Veteran players that its ok... while others think it's completely wrong... and this just angers us even more...

I can easily be nice on these forums... but with everyone's own opinions of right/wrong game play... that's almost impossible...

I think the easiest thing to do here is to make these 'unspoken/unwritten' rules of the 'community' to be written... and from all who plays this game vs. just how XYZ expects all to play...
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Breon wrote:

Connor I will play the game anyway I want to within our 2 rules. Honestly too bad if you dont like it. Deal with it or get out. If you havent noticed your mouth has done more damage to the game than anything else.

Sure Admin will let you bent the rules a bit more .

Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject:

@ Conner - take a look at yourself mate... who's the one trying to start stuff now??? It's not me... I've posted this post I'm about to quote twice only to have you bump it twice... and probably a third... chill out dude... its a game...

DragonLilly wrote:
T2 wrote:
Admin enforces the 2 main rules. The community enforces the rest. If in doubt about something, ask other players if it would be allowed or not.

You see this is what makes me angry and get out of hand on these forums... We do ask around for suggestions and if stuff is OK... and others tell us it is OK... so we then go thru with it... only to be later condemned.... and needless to say what is right to one might be wrong to others... and we're stuck right in the middle of this ongoing unspoken rules war... not sure which way to turn... as we're being told by one set of Veteran players that its ok... while others think it's completely wrong... and this just angers us even more...

I can easily be nice on these forums... but with everyone's own opinions of right/wrong game play... that's almost impossible...

I think the easiest thing to do here is to make these 'unspoken/unwritten' rules of the 'community' to be written... and from all who plays this game vs. just how XYZ expects all to play...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
T2 wrote:

It is the rule of public opinion. If you ask me or anyone else what the rules are, they will say there are 2 main rules. If you ask me is it right to hit newbs I'll say..."it depends". "Is the newb being an irritant to you by sending disrespectful PM's ? Has the newb attacked you? Is the newb still active? Is the newb acting on their own or with an alliance?"
There is no hard answer of right or wrong, yes or no. Every situation is different. I use this example as a single example of dozens of possible situations where it is OK to hit some newbs and leave others mostly alone.

If you hit a newb that is active, no harm done. If you hit this newb every day for a week, it's wrong but still within the official rules. This is when other players step in and attempt to stop the bloodletting. It is not good for the game to constantly hit newbs. We, in the game cannot be anyones conscious but we can decide if someone is doing stuff that is not good for the game. We have the ability to make it rough for anyone who insists on not conforming to the community wishes as a whole.

You should not have to ask anyone what is allowable and what is not. It's just common sense and courtesy not to drive players out of the game or insistently pick on them. If you are really stuck in finding an answer to a question, ask yourself "Would I like this done to me?" then...go forward with your answer in hand and play accordingly.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject:

With the recent economic colapse how many think it was right for AIG to reward themselves with fat bonuses provided by taxpayers cash.
It was not illegal but was it right ?
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:

DragonLilly wrote:
T2 wrote:

It is the rule of public opinion. If you ask me or anyone else what the rules are, they will say there are 2 main rules. If you ask me is it right to hit newbs I'll say..."it depends". "Is the newb being an irritant to you by sending disrespectful PM's ? Has the newb attacked you? Is the newb still active? Is the newb acting on their own or with an alliance?"
There is no hard answer of right or wrong, yes or no. Every situation is different. I use this example as a single example of dozens of possible situations where it is OK to hit some newbs and leave others mostly alone.

If you hit a newb that is active, no harm done. If you hit this newb every day for a week, it's wrong but still within the official rules. This is when other players step in and attempt to stop the bloodletting. It is not good for the game to constantly hit newbs. We, in the game cannot be anyones conscious but we can decide if someone is doing stuff that is not good for the game. We have the ability to make it rough for anyone who insists on not conforming to the community wishes as a whole.

You should not have to ask anyone what is allowable and what is not. It's just common sense and courtesy not to drive players out of the game or insistently pick on them. If you are really stuck in finding an answer to a question, ask yourself "Would I like this done to me?" then...go forward with your answer in hand and play accordingly.

Ok... I 'kinda' understand where your coming from... but since you used the newb bashing subject as an example... I'll stick with that for a minute... CGC has never newb bashed in the terms that the community wouldn't respect... although accusations flew of such... how do you really know we did or didn't... you don't... the community just assumed we did... never asked... never believed.... For yours and everyone's knowledge and future reference the CGC only attacks accounts that have been offline for 2+ days (unless they are a menace like Jack09 was who deserved it) as we want to make sure they they won't disappear before our arrival... we all know how annoying it can be to send out a probe and receive a 'nothing found' message upon the probes arrival to the destination...

CGC is just trying to learn the game as a team and what is acceptable play and what isn't... we've got some strong players and some that were newbs... how can we be criticized for our actions if we're taking suggestions and recommendations from veteran players???

I really don't see to this day what exactly we have done wrong ingame... other then my mouth/anger on the forums... which I'm really trying to work on but it's been difficult as we/I have felt that the community expects us to play a certain way... not knowing these unwritten rules puts us right on the chopping block...

CGC wants to be part of the community and not harm it... but with everyone jumping to conclusions this hasn't been possible... as I said about the whole newb bashing thing... you don't know what we've done or hadn't done... its all people just jumping to conclusions...

I mean... one vet suggests a scoring tactic and we use it... other vets condemn this... so where is the happy medium??? I however, don't see one... everyone has a different opinion of what is 'acceptable' ingame behavior...

So until a community agreement is made of what is and isn't acceptable ingame play then I don't feel anyone should complain unless a player breaks one of the 2 written rules of the game... otherwise there will always be a constant fight going on... as one says yeah that's ok and another says no it isn't....

I really don't want to see anymore fighting amongst the community but somehow we need to come to some kind of understanding of what is and isn't acceptable... otherwise there will be constant turmoil....
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject:

Lilly Wrote : "CGC has never newb bashed in the terms that the community wouldn't respect... although accusations flew of such... how do you really know we did or didn't... you don't... the community just assumed we did"

Actually, I do know that you or CGC did not bash newbs for a "living"
Being a noob helper in a newb helper alliance, I can look to see what batttles IG have occured.
Post interupted..BBL
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Think this is over

Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject:

yes.

... the winner takes it all...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Agreed !
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Here lies cgc....

R.I.P. rest in pieces
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject:

: )
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:

From spacetracewiki

Accomplishments
The CGC has had several notable events during their existence.

Our Notable Events

Era X Winners
Flag capture of AH, held for full 20% value during Era IX
Flag capture of NS, held for full 20% value during Era X
Flag double grab - return of our flag and captured the XYZ flag within one battle during Era XI
War winners of NS vs. CGC war during Era X
War winners of XYZ vs. CGC war during Era XI

Bit to early I guess

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject:

Oh Connor...that's funny
Lilly...you should be a reporter/writer for Star Weekly or similar rag.
#1 rule is...NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY.

Now that is too funny..REALLY............ Just too funny !
I guess the truth will never be known now. It's been documented in Wiki.

BTW...how do you get to Wiki from here ?

too funny....................................................
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject:

[quote="DragonLilly"] chill out dude... its a game... [quote="DragonLilly"]

Wait, so we need to chill now? I dont remember being the one to take things to a different level!
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject:

T2 wrote:

Now that is too funny..REALLY............ Just too funny !
I guess the truth will never be known now. It's been documented in Wiki.

BTW...how do you get to Wiki from here ?

too funny....................................................

http://wiki.spacetrace.org/index.php/Coalition_Of_The_Galactic_Commonwealth

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I just went and had a look at CGC Wiki. It is very well done and looks quite professional. Not completely accurate as pointed out by Connor but considerable work was done to make it what it is.
If I didn't know better, I'd say MicroJack used his marketing skills to produce it.

Quite amusing I'll admit !
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject:

That forums almost believable.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » XYZ Vs. CGC Vol. II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: