shipyard buildingtime poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » accepted Suggetions » shipyard buildingtime poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

how long should be the buildingtime?
24h, like it was
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
23 h, so you have the chance to start a new production before the battlepause is over
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
20 h
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
12 h
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
4 h
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: shipyard buildingtime poll

how long should the production of a new shipyard be if it is destroyed?

there are some discussions going on about the problem, that it is frustrating, if your shipyard is destroyed very often

here.
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82522

and here:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81902

Last edited by admin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject:

please discuss this here:
Quote:
DragonLilly:
very nice suggestion... I don't see why the build time = the battle pause... this means that the same player could hit immediately after the SY is built and clearing out the base yet again... not to mention the constant gain in points... at least this way a player can build some ships before getting attacked by the same player again withing hours possibly even minutes of his/her SY being rebuilt

T2:
I suspect this post came to be because I busted Lilly's shipyard. I did not follow up and keep it suppressed although I probably could have.

If shipyard build time was 23 hours, this would give a player time to start building a new fleet before their base was busted again. Once ships are in production, as almost everyone knows, they remain in production regardless if there shipyard gets busted again or not.

It would be up to the defender to make sure there are ships in production before an attack against them could be mounted again.

This would give the defender some chance to recover but don't water the game down to a point where it no longer provides any challenge.

admin:
T2 wrote:
Quote:
water the game down to a point where it no longer provides any challenge.
why is that?

i think it is frustrating if your shipyard is destroyed and you cannot play for a whole day

what do you think

i dont remember why we made the buidtime that long...

Connor McCloud:
I think he means if it is only 4h to build your SY , why even bother to protect / defend your base it is no loss if you lose it, only 4h to rebuild

T2
I guess it could be frusterating. That's why if someone is gunning for my base, I try to protect with retreat fighters, carriers and a few other combinations.
It only happens on occasion however that I have to protect it.

Of course I may think different if I could not play and was eternally supressed.
That happens in extremely rare cases and never happened to me at any time.
A poll is a good thing !

DragonLilly
you see the veteran players know how to protect their bases while lesser inexperienced players and newbies do not... and no this has nothing to do with T2 hitting my SY this came about when the veteran players of XYZ not allowing some of my members to play for several days... not to mention the time taken away from game playing...

@ admin - drop the time or raise the battle pause when a base is taken down... this is NOT very welcoming to new players with the way it is setup...

Breon
Quote:
admin wrote:
T2 wrote:
Quote:

water the game down to a point where it no longer provides any challenge.

why is that?

i think it is frustrating if your shipyard is destroyed and you cannot play for a whole day

what do you think

i dont remember why we made the buidtime that long...

By reducing the time to 4hrs for example would eliminate atleast 1 issue. The guys that park their 2k penguins at a players base sitting there and constantly destroying a players base before they can build ships. I was torn between 4hr and 12hrs but the time period definitely needs to be reduced. Maybe another thing to think about is reducing the points for a shipyard. maybe that will discourage people from wacking bases. Im not sure why people need to do this to strangers starting to learn a new game. Generally speaking with a good fleet setup you get alot more points by destroying ships vs shipyards,rc, and twg.

Capt
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject:

If you do 1 building, might as well reduce build time on them all.
It will save a post of the same flavor after someone's research building gets destroyed.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject:

@ admin, just to make sure your aware... the veteran players outnumber the new active players by a long shot... The veteran players feel that there is no need for the game to change and don't see what they are doing for future player counts... they will always argue about any suggestion you put up... I'd say if you think its a good suggestion for the game do it... don't listen to what they have to say... remember they are the ones hurting this game and changes need to happen... if they don't like the changes they can quit but in the end the ST player counts will rise...
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

it should stay as it is...i've never seen anyone sitting on a destroyed base with 2k of pengs, don't know why this is even being discussed!!!!!
if someone needs help against an attacker ask for help within the alliance, make a peace/help pact with a close neighbour, that's how i started, and met spocko , my closest neighbour, we agreed not to attack eachother,and it worked...then he attacked me!!
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Just remove the buildings I dont see any reason to keep them anyway.they are just interfering with the game play.How are we suppose to get points if we have to get back and watch our bases."duh"
In fact remove all researches,I dont know why they are there,in fact remove all game play as it is and leave only "learning" players in game.I mean they contributed to the game soooooooooo much.

Just look at the last round they end up having over 150 000 points and all those points came from...Oh yes Oh my god,here it comes...newbie accounts and almsot every vet I know finished round under 40 000 points.

Am I the only one to see the irony in this?
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject:

here's an idea. everyone might hate it, but here it is anyway. i suggest that the SY be indestructable, but that the research center be destructable. dealing 3500 damage to the SY will force the opponent to pay 500 points as a ransom so you won't kill it. so the scoring stays the same and so does the reasearch center, but the SY can't be destroyed. you could do it so if the SY is dealt 3500 then all current ship building is stopped.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject:

it seems to me like this is an argument between two groups of 6 players.

i think both sides say some true things and some nontrue:

1. i think it is a problem to new players, that their shipyard is destroyed and they cannot do anything for 24 h.

2. the so called vets are essential to ST cause they are the main core of the game, they know a lot about the strategic system and how spacetrace is like. without them there would be no big goals to lok upon if you are new to the game, so they have all rights to claim their wishes in the forum.

3. why did noone vote for 23 h?
we changed it to that for now until this discussion is over, cause i think it is essential that you have at least this one hour less than the battlepause

4. my favorite is 12 h
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
they will always argue about any suggestion you put up... I'd say if you think its a good suggestion for the game do it... don't listen to what they have to say...

Im a newbie and i oppose a lot of things, the fact is about all of this, leave it alone, if everyone is opposing the building time, put it to 23 hours , i dont want the shipyard to be indestructable, then theres no reason to have it, you can just have a base that has everything in it, that is superhard to kill, but gives you a bonus when you kill it.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject:

I won't let things rest until new players and new alliances can finally enjoy this game and not feel picked on constantly...
 Back to top »
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject:

if you are so concerned about the well being of the noobs in your alliance, THEN GET OUT OF THE WAR!!!!!!

duh
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject:

if we leave this war it will only happen to another new alliance later down the road... we are defending all future new alliances...
 Back to top »
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject:

i don't think XYZ will go hunting newb allys. the fact that you took 1st last era maked the CGC not much of a newb ally anymore. if they're going to pick someone else to fight it will be a different EXPERIENCED ally.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject:

see the last post on the XYZ/CGC war thread... for a full understanding of what really happened...
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
I won't let things rest until new players and new alliances can finally enjoy this game and not feel picked on constantly..............
if we leave this war it will only happen to another new alliance later down the road... we are defending all future new alliances...

bang head and if there was an emoticon throwing up, i'd be using it too!! what a load of crap!
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject:

i read it. my point is that you're not being as heroic as you think you are because XYZ isn't all about hunting newbs. now if they did go after a different alliance full of newbs, that wouldn't be cool, but they are finding the weakness in the strong alliance and exploiting it. this is strategy...not abuse. i don't think that the #1 ally last era is probably the best place for newbs to learn the basics of ST. they are bound to get caught up in something far over their heads....and they did. let newbs learn in a learning ally, not the victorious ally of last era
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject:

dumenop wrote:
i don't think that the #1 ally last era is probably the best place for newbs to learn the basics of ST. they are bound to get caught up in something far over their heads....and they did. let newbs learn in a learning ally, not the victorious ally of last era
DL, maybe you are a bit too afraid, that your destiny will happen to all newbies.

i think dumenop has mad a point:
it is ablolutely not normal, that new players are bashed by vets.
it is just you cause you were in that alliance that won last round

please think about this thoroughly before you reply
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject:

this needs a decision

so what about 12 h then?
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject:

24 hours Blocked never was a tactic used as long as Ive been around.24 h is enough to get your opponent out of the way and then fly home or maybe to another opponent.Its not everything about cry babies and newbies.24H period hits also a "vet" account same as newbies.
24 hours is penalty you have to take by loosing your base.You cant win otherwise in this game then this. Why punish a guy who has won by letting loser be at your base before BP runs out.Then remove battle pause.There was a reason for 24h building time and I guess it was linked to battle pause.

NOTE:
CGC n..0.0.b sI dont care how you have to learn to us swank to farm dead accounts so dont reply to me in any way.on this matter.You to be honest dont have a single clue how to play and only is looking to in force new things that are maybe good for you now but not for the game in long run.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject:

failtrip, i dont get it:

why should it be 24 hours?

isnt 12 hours a penalty enough?

and it cannot be senseful with the same 24 h like the battlebause, cause you need at least 34h to build something to punish the attacker after his bp is over (24 h the shipyard and then 10 hours your ships) am i wrong?

so 12 or 14 h buildingtime for the shipyard should have the same effect

and it is not about just DL complaining, there were a lot of complaints about the long buildingtime in the past
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » accepted Suggetions » shipyard buildingtime poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: