Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
score differential technology
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » New Technology Inventions » score differential technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  

this vote will decide about the future of this invention:
this can be added to the game
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
it needs some changes but it is a good invention
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
i will post the needed changes here
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
no good try another one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: score differential technology

score differential technology (basic research)

once this technology has been researched, minus scores on your account will be disabled, meaning that, however many points you lose in battle, your overal individual score will never go below 0.

the leader of an alliance must have this research if he wishes his alliance to have the same score differential system.

researchtime: 1 h

needed research:
improved field theories
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I made this a research so that (for whatever reason), you can decide wether you would want it or not.

Yet, it would still be very easy for new players to access this research.

And, no kidding vets.. I know it's been a while since you got into minus scores but for noobs, it's a real downer. Whatever kind of player you are.. it sucks to be in the minus scores. Let's have this technology!
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject:

" I know it's been a while since you got into minus scores". Speak for yourself .

But seriously MJ... I think it's worthy idea but lets talk how this could also be abused by someone re-evoing into one of the training alliances who has experience.

Hmmm...let's see...If I could not go in minus score...what could I do to disrupt something ??
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject:

You had no problems in this topic:

http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6597

ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Everybody goes negative, sometimes. Especially at the beginning of an evo.

I wouldn't have this as a research, though. Just make it a game wide feature, that 0 is the lowest you can get.

Maybe have that possible for people in their first evo, or just people in starter alliance, and then once they join a new one, bottom limit is gone.

It might help to not discourage some people, but I don't think it should be a research you should have the option of doing.

*Edit*
And like T2 pointed out, with no fear of going negative, you could just throw anything at everything, and you wouldn't really ever learn the game. You would just get everyone else tired of you and your suicidal rampages.

So at some point, you would need to lose this limit, and be forced to do the math.

I think have it for first evo would be fine, or maybe just for as long as you're in a starting alliance.

But you shouldn't learn to depend on not being accountable for your mistakes.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject:

well either everyone has the option or no one has the option,

you cant just give it to the starter alliance members it wouldn't be equal or fair, there are lots of newbies who aren't in those alliances because they don't teach anything anyway.
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject:

Going negative is not needed in this game as long as the winning player and alliance gets the points for the battle and the losing allaince loses the points.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject:

I do think its need it.Because war then would be unwinnable.No matter how hard would you pound your adversary he would be at zero and all he would need to do is one god attack and he would be back in the game.You cant delete person,you cant kill his ships,nothing only 1 thing you can do to him is throw him into hard minus.
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject:

Failtrip your logic doesn't make sence. Have you ever looked at the position your take when you start the game new or evolve? It is usually around 20 - 25 position that means of the 90 - 100 real players in the game you are doing better than 70 -80 of them.
Whats it matter wether they have zero or negative when you battle them? You will still either win and get points which is doing better than zero or loose and they get points which is now doing better than you at zero.

So if your internet connection is down for a few days would you rather come back to a game a zero or at - 6000? What is wrong with staying at zero it doesn't affect a war as long as the alliance points go up for winning and down for loosing.
 Back to top »
Schmolt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject:

How about player scores cannot go less than 0, but the alliance scores can? That would allow for, as Failtrip said, to pound an alliance as a whole into hard negative with your alliance, but new players would not have the horror of seeing a negative score.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject:

Schmolt I like your idea but non the less I dont think this non minus thing will help in any way to boost players base.

Spacegamer it doesnt matter where does 0 score puts you in but If I would really want to go at someone no matter alliance or solo player and want to see him suffer a really big minus would help.
Where is the point of fighting if lets say I put you hard in minus for 20k and we have cease fire and just you can go farm some points and be back on boards in matter of days.
Its not fair to the winner that you would have such a quick recovery.
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Forget about the winner Marlito! For God's sake your a vet! Why do you care about winning or losing? Against the noobs you win all the time, it's the vets you have to worry about.

If I face a player and win, the winning is in the score I accumilate, not the score my opponent has lost. When I win a battle I do not care for the player I hve fought.. I would feel far less guilty playing a noob we're his score did not go down than a noob who's score was going to go into the minuses.

I just don't see how people do not recognise that things like this have to be added for the game to get more players. The game has to become easier for noobs and stay the same/get harder for the vets. If I asked 50 noobs (are there even 50 noobs anymore?), 50 would say that they hate it when the go into minus scores.

And if you're fighting a vet, then it might be a sign of bravery if you didn't or your opponent didn't research this technology. You don't have to research this tech and it's up to the player if they want the game to be easier or harder.

You're a stronghold to your own demise Marlito - you want more players to join the game yet when they do, you think it's ok to pound them to the ground, and they quit again. How about you still pound them to the ground yet they do not quit? Do you see how this technology makes everything work?

This technology is not going to go without a fight. Mark my words admin, if this technology is added, the game will get more players. It's that simple.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I dont pound anyone down you should know better.
Im just saying that this added to the game will have only ill effects.Only "vets"will be using this.Well vets wannabe.This will only bring more loopholes to the game and war will become unwinable.

We have a war now that is fought only for points.One side doesnt want to see other side farming free points.
So let say they bring down CGCs to zero and then it will stop.So what then...they cant be taken down any further...but still they would be able quickly to farm they points up on the scale.Its easier to gather points other then lose it.
This kind of loopholes Im talking about.
And IMHO people dont quit because of someone pounding them,nor because they are in minus points.Most of new accounts login for first time,then in a few days for second time then its over.Never return back no matter if they have minus or plus score.I even think that someone who has had a battle between those 2 logins is more likely to be sucked into the game rather then that one who hadnt had a fight.

When I was running TF I send out more then 100 PM to new players.I had maybe one or two replies and most of those PM werent even read.

This is my opinion and I think that this wont help the game.You are still here but you had minus score and didnt quit,right?Its because something attracted you here not minus,plus points.

Off topic:
Why I think this game dont have more players is because there isnt any kind of economy and there isnt any quick way to test the game at the start.Every start will take you more then 24h and that is way to much someone is willing to wait.
Those are IMHO two main reasons why this game doesnt have more players.
vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:

*Edit*
And like T2 pointed out, with no fear of going negative, you could just throw anything at everything, and you wouldn't really ever learn the game. You would just get everyone else tired of you and your suicidal rampages.

Didn't stop me from doing it...I did a suicide attack on the BH when XYZ was holding it...didn't work but after a few trys I was invited into the alliance and learned much from Shrike(as he is known by now). I have also held the pulsar longer than anyone, mabey even the nebula.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » New Technology Inventions » score differential technology
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: