Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » New FC bug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject:

linux666 wrote:
i don't mean to force this way to no one, just bring it out to discussion... i see that are more players that aren't too happy with the current FC playing mode, so lets try, and get to a middle ground .

The players that don't like it are the ones that complained about the CGC using the drop 2 tactic... so you all go what you wanted... there's no point on changing anything... although I am fine in regards to the TWN speed being the same - I don't feel that this needs implementing... but as for the current setup modifications... take out the extra MP to the ex-FC and we're set!!

Quit complaining that you complained... in a basic sense...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:

The players that don't like it are the ones that complained about the CGC using the drop 2 tactic... so you all go what you wanted...
Quit complaining that you complained... in a basic sense...

Please point out any complaints that I previously posted on.
I could not care in the least what CGC/NS/WFS did in last round.
I have no stake what so ever so please do not try to put words in my mouth.
I am an individual who is expressing an opinion that I don't like the current way this part of the game has changed. It is restrictive and considerable amount of work was done to make it that way.

My opinion should count as much as anyone else's should it not ?

I certainly don't think I need to print in big red letters to make my voice heard?
I want to talk about the problems it has created !

It does make the flag capture game more attractive with that extra mp laying around. If one wanted to hide the fact they had the flag I suppose they would not have to build the extra ships but that still don't take away the fact that the FC is now being punished or inhibited by eliminating use of 1 fleet. So...may as well go ahead and research FINAL EXPLORATION and get an extra probe slot. If i could reverse Final Exploration after the flag leaves, I might be sated.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Please point out any complaints that I previously posted on.

T2 wrote:
Marth Diro wrote:
well, it's not a real bug, but this serious problem harms the game like one.

I believe it is a real bug.
Been a few years since i tried it but an alliance could not drop to less than 3 players if you held an enemy flag. You could not steal a flag or have yours stolen with less than 3 alliance members.
Admin...please repair and while you are at it, take a look at the evolutionary "dorian gray" that currently exists while using the creature lab.

The drama is starting to get boring for me. Time for a new "crisis" to unfold.

T2 wrote:
The constant evo'ing out is not the problem. The team who's flag is captured always gets an update of who actually holds their flag.

If they have a good intel network and the name of the holder is already known, where is the problem ?
There is a time limit that a player must hold the flag before it gets transfered again (36 hrs if memore serves)
If they don't ... well ... It $ucks to be them.

I did not realize TO had to submit to some of the same blatant bugs that they were so quick to accuse me and the PIFU of doing. I remember the Fly & Die abuse for 1 and I won't even get into some of the others.

I can draw up all kinds of posts from yester year that states that taking advantage of a bug is cheating when PIFU did it.
I guess the same holds true when the shoe is on the other foot.

As a matter of fact, I think it used to be very prevelant in
ST that little known bugs were used to the advantage of some team or another.

So ... ADMIN ... PLEASE FIX THE BUG AND LEAVE THE FLAG GAME AS IT IS. WHEN WORKING,...IT WORKS JUST FINE.

And Durango... thanks for so politely pointing out the other bug was repaired.

These are just 2 of your posts from the following thread... need I say more?

http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6540
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject:

I guess if someone were to find complaints, it would be the queen of complaints.
Again...opinions...not complaints other than with people wanting to change the game after they exploit a bug.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
I guess if someone were to find complaints, it would be the queen of complaints.
Again...opinions...not complaints other than with people wanting to change the game after they exploit a bug.

well you all got the result you all wanted... to change the game and so it happened...

again, I reiterate stop complaining about the changes you all wanted
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject:

I have decided to go 1 better and demonstrate why this extra MP modification is overrated and easily defeated with regards to being able to take or hold a flag.

Enough said !

Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
I have decided to go 1 better and demonstrate why this extra MP modification is overrated and easily defeated with regards to being able to take or hold a flag.

Enough said !

Either your saying that your going to run your fleets into our FC's base at which we'll say BRING IT ON!!!

- OR -

Your saying that your going to exploit the bug that originally was the discussion of this topic...
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject:

LOL this is getting better every day.

Extra MP you are left with can be used as normal MP.You can send your fleet 3 anywhere you want and there is no MP limit in fleet 1 and 2.

This needs to be changed back.I dont even believe that you changed it to a way it is.Dont know who suggested it but its rubbish and you should no better before implementing.2.5 MP divided between base and third fleet cant do nothing to stop FC capture.And one fleet cant help in defending the base it can only be food for attacker.
This update and all whining about it and fact you installed it looks the same if some newbies would cry that they need more MP to start because they arent experienced and you would give them 2.5k more.And there isnt much use of MP if you dont know how to use it.
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject:

Would it be okay if you had to scrap MP down to the normal amount before changing FC?

I wasn't around, when this change came in, but I like the idea of getting a boost for being FC.

But building ships, and then being able to keep them, when you're no longer FC doesn't seem right.

So maybe if you had to return down to ~5k MP in order to change FC, that would prevent endless abuse of this.

Possible?

Off topic @DL:
From the looks of it, team CGC is pretty well matched with Senor and the boys. You start giving T2 reasons to dislike you, just between you and me, from experience, I can tell you it probably won't end well.

Pick your battles. Especially only start one after you've finished the last one.

If you're out to take on the world, make sure you can survive the world fighting back...

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:
Would it be okay if you had to scrap MP down to the normal amount before changing FC?

I wasn't around, when this change came in, but I like the idea of getting a boost for being FC.

But building ships, and then being able to keep them, when you're no longer FC doesn't seem right.

So maybe if you had to return down to ~5k MP in order to change FC, that would prevent endless abuse of this.

Possible?

Off topic @DL:
From the looks of it, team CGC is pretty well matched with Senor and the boys. You start giving T2 reasons to dislike you, just between you and me, from experience, I can tell you it probably won't end well.

Pick your battles. Especially only start one after you've finished the last one.

If you're out to take on the world, make sure you can survive the world fighting back...

Well... it appears that the ST community was out to get me and my alliance when we used a tactic last era that started all these changes... noone liked what we did then and complained and complained until admin made a recommendation... this was admin's recommendation to solve the arguments and everyone thought it would be cool... now those that complained before are complaining again - they got what they wanted...

and as for the extra MP staying with the Ex- FC's that is a bug... its supposed to be where all ships in F3 are supposed to be recycled upon transfer of the flag to the new FC... this is what this thread originally was started for... but everyone turned it into an 'I hate the new changes thread' and those stating this are the ones that complained to get it changed in the first place... but the CGC will remain to play fair and won't be using this to our advantage as I'm sure XYZ will do...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:

Extra MP you are left with can be used as normal MP.You can send your fleet 3 anywhere you want and there is no MP limit in fleet 1 and 2.

Not quite Failtrip1...Fleets 1 & 2 are normal fleets. Fleet 3 cannot go anywhere except to alliance members base.
You can put no more than 5000mp +/- in fleets 1 and 2.
The remaining 2500 you get for flag defense can be placed into base or fleet 3.
If you choose not to use the extra 2500, your fleet 3 is still restricted in movement. If the extra mp stays in base, or is not used, can we not make the fleet 3 again available?
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Failtrip1 wrote:

Not quite Failtrip1...Fleets 1 & 2 are normal fleets. Fleet 3 cannot go anywhere except to alliance members base.
If you choose not to use the extra 2500, your fleet 3 is still restricted in movement. If the extra mp stays in base, or is not used, can we not make the fleet 3 again available?

This would make it unbalanced as players then would be able to do what they did at the start of the era by attacking with the full 7500 MP... Its just fine the way it is... its balanced...

if you don't like the fact that you can't use F3 then don't accept being FC... its just that simple...

now quit complaining about the fact that you complained in the first place... you got what you asked for...

@ ADMIN - please fix the bug that this topic was originally started for... please fix the fact that when the flag is fully transfered that the extra MP is still available for use for the ex-fc...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Lilly...please...comprehension is not one of your strong suits is it !

Try to refrain from posting until you can actually comprehend what was said.
If I may suggest, read the post 2 or 3 times before you jump on your keyboard.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Lilly...please...comprehension is not one of your strong suits is it !

Try to refrain from posting until you can actually comprehend what was said.
If I may suggest, read the post 2 or 3 times before you jump on your keyboard.

DragonLilly wrote:
if you don't like the fact that you can't use F3 then don't accept being FC... its just that simple...
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Failtrip1 wrote:

Not true.Once you are no longer FC and you still have that 2.5 k extra MP you CAN use all 3 fleets and all MP can be divided betwen 1 2 or 3 fleets.

I have;
you have 6171 of your 4970 manpower in use.
And two fleets heading to Nebula.Also tried it with 3rd fleet and works as well.

Admin this update is a joke to the game.No one wanted this update(except for crybabies).It is useless update as well and not to mention a buggy one.If you were to spend any time programming you could do heaps of stuff better then this thing.

new flag commander is set in 6 hours, 5 minutes
The_Order_ of _Chaos_

Wonder If Ill get 2.5 k more
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Ahhhh...so the same overflow that allows you to get more MP if you bang a commando cruiser or sporogenator after your already maxed out your points is following the new modification.

This is not good as it will be abused no doubt.

I'll assume that After you are FC and you have 7500 mp of ships built, you won't be able to build anything until you drop below the normal 5000 mp
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Ahhhh...so the same overflow that allows you to get more MP if you bang a commando cruiser or sporogenator after your already maxed out your points is following the new modification.

This is not good as it will be abused no doubt.

I'll assume that After you are FC and you have 7500 mp of ships built, you won't be able to build anything until you drop below the normal 5000 mp

Indeed like a sporogenator ,you cant build anything until you go below your normal MP.But I gave 2 of my members 2.5k and now trying to give me extra more.
Sure its a buggy situation that needs to be solved and by solved I mean update removed.
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Man, I gotta get a third guy into WFS!

That's 5k extra firepower over and above the 2.5k at FC base, in just 6 days. Almost 1k extra MP per day to attack and defend with
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject:

how 'bout locking the 2.5k extra mp to the intelligence building?
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject:

we will limit the maximum amount to all three fleets to your normal mp ~5000
so in case you have some leftover from beeing FC, it will stay in your base

also: what about this:
we could make a switch - you can use your 3rd fleet as alliance fleet or you just keep all extra mp in your base and use the fleet 3 as normal fleet
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » New FC bug
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: