CGC vs XYZ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » CGC vs XYZ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject:

Jack you're over your post limit continue this conversation with me tomorrow in the obama topic so we're not spamming or you could private message me whichever works.

When did you help us? In WW2 where you joined at the last second and claimed victory forever or in Iraq where you took 97% of the countries oil and found no WMDs

1776 is irrelevent. You wouldn't have done it without the French assistance
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject:

Last second?
Sept. 1939 WW2 starts
Dec 1941 USA joins
May 1945 VE Day

To say the French help makes 1776 irrelevent is to say that the United States makes British victory over Germany irrelevent.

It's all who you know.

And there's still 1812, plus or minus that dumb invasion of Canada thing.

Now WW1, USA joined at the end, but that is what ended the war, because Germany saw the USA as ready to send over uncounted troops and equipment. The war at that point became unwinnable for Germany, and they surrendered in Nov. 1918

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:
You only lose if you don't learn from your mistakes.

nicely said...

ilofuyci wrote:
So, having 9 incoming fleets, well, it's a stretch, but just leave the base. Then let them hit and utterly destroy an empty base.

Then make fun of them for it. Get on the forum and shout about how brave they are. Make sure to include obvious sarcasm.

I love this idea... but like they'd really care...

ilofuyci wrote:
Then once that operation is over, make sure to share battle reports, and go over what you could have done, what you should have done, what you would have done, and plan what to do next.

doubt they'd even consider this...

ilofuyci wrote:
And, well, it takes two to tango, or whatever expression you prefer, and I don't know how this war started, or why, but if you're giving it your best, and can honestly say that, and are just overmatched, ask for a truce.

There's no shame (well, at least, if you tried your best) in admitting you're beat.

Especially if you can admit it.

We won't admit defeat as we will still win no matter what as we will play this whole era with no ch.eats (for some reason it didn't like the word ) or low blows used unlike the enemy... no matter where we end up in the rankings - we win...

ilofuyci wrote:
So just do what you can, and when it's obvious it's over, ask for peace.
Might not happen as soon as you'd like, but eventually, you'll get left alone.

Pfft... ask for peace... are you kidding me... the CGC doesn't quit!

ilofuyci wrote:
Also, take a look at the high score list, and try to keep in mind that everyone on that list was a newbie once, got bashed, many times, still might, they all have made dumb mistakes, been beaten, have lost, all of that.

I'll look at the top 10 and decide who needs an attitude adjustment

ilofuyci wrote:
You're a vet when you stick with it, despite all that.

Learn from your mistakes. Don't expect not to make mistakes.

Good luck.

good words I'll keep that in mind...

-------------------

Thanks for this post... PM sent
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject:

Interesting debate... Over in the UK we're told that we actively defeated Hitler and the USA helped push back the Nazi forces near the end of the war.

However over in America your told that Britain was struggling in the war and the USA entrance was most significant.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:

ilofuyci wrote:
So, having 9 incoming fleets, well, it's a stretch, but just leave the base. Then let them hit and utterly destroy an empty base.

Then make fun of them for it. Get on the forum and shout about how brave they are. Make sure to include obvious sarcasm.

I love this idea... but like they'd really care...

It's not for them, it's for the rest of us, waiting for forum scoop.
Besides, half of this game is 90% mental, or so the saying goes...

DragonLilly wrote:

ilofuyci wrote:
Then once that operation is over, make sure to share battle reports, and go over what you could have done, what you should have done, what you would have done, and plan what to do next.

doubt they'd even consider this...

I meant amongst your own alliance. That's what they're there for.
Especially if you got smashed, and are not sure why.
One time I lost big, and had a newbie, 2nd or 3rd day in alliance, point out what I did wrong.

Gotta communicate.

But I've asked enemies before, what the heck just happened.
I always try to give hints, when asked.

Don't give away too many secrets, and don't expect many, but if something happens, and you don't know what, give it a shot.

Many players here are cool enough to give pointers.

DragonLilly wrote:

ilofuyci wrote:
You're a vet when you stick with it, despite all that.

Learn from your mistakes. Don't expect not to make mistakes.

Good luck.

good words I'll keep that in mind...

Once again, good luck

@mjx
With this latest, are you referring to WWI or WWII?

And, it all depends on exactly what you're talking about.

Battle of Britain, the air bombing campaign was pretty much defeated around May of 1941, before the US joined. Except for a few volunteer pilots from the US. You're welcome.

But the first turning of the tide was basically the Axis defeat at El Alamein (British, FTW!) and then the invasion of Italy (Operation Torch, mostly US Marines)

So it must be very specifically addressed what you're talking about.

Looking through the history books, the Europe campaign was basically a stalemate, with Russia just starting to counterattack in the East, until the US joined.

Then it was pretty much a drive to Berlin after that. Give or take the Battle of the Bulge, which pretty much nobody saw coming.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject:

Yoo make interesting points iLofuyci

I'm glad I've had this conversation. It seems the telling of history speaks different depending on who tells it you (British teaching or American teaching) however piecing together different bits and bobs you begin to see a picture that it's not all cut and dry we did that you did this.

Tell me of which country do you hail from?

Also is that a Red Dwarf quote I see in your signature
 Back to top »
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject:

I come from the rainy northwestern corner of the United States.

And, as a history professor once said as a mantra:

"History isn't so much getting all the sides of the story and figuring out what actually happened; it's getting all the sides of the story, and then eliminating what didn't happen."

If everyone agrees on the story, then the truth of the story can basically be counted on to not have been told, yet.

And *ahem*:
It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere
I'm all alone, more or less...!

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Lowvoice stop complaining you stepped into this war and knew what could happen and also knew who you where fighting against .

@ Lilly stop whinning and fight , don't make yourself look like a player that needs pitty , cause her alliance getting kicked and can't do anything about .
The battlefield is the best learning place ! ! !

Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
Lowvoice stop complaining you stepped into this war and knew what could happen and also knew who you where fighting against .

@ Lilly stop whinning and fight , don't make yourself look like a player that needs pitty , cause her alliance getting kicked and can't do anything about .
The battlefield is the best learning place ! ! !

Conner, We've found our problem... we don't have enough knowledge in the alliance for an adequate COW... all of our members are familiar with only a few races... not all... so trying to come up with fleet setups and such has proven quite difficult for the CGC, but we're willing to learn and are learning... I'm currently recruiting for a COW for the alliance... I'm not complaining and really could care less at this point to where we stand on the points rankings... we're learning the best we can under the circumstances... and I think under the circumstances we're doing quite well...

Our alliance will be winners no matter what... we didn't play with dirty tactics unlike XYZ... and a very good quote I have found that suits the CGC very well - 'we might be the underdogs... but its not the size of the dogs in the fight its the size of the fight in the dogs that matters most'
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject:

What kind of dirty tactics would that be, fighting fair, as i see it, you deleted you account to hide(dirty tactic on your part), then your alliance whines that they fight unfairly(Bullshit), XYZ fights regularly and just goes into a war knowing that they will kick the shi.t out of you becuase you cant fight(great tactic) and you cant do anything about it(awesome tactic).

So as far as i see it, you entered this war knowing what could happen and you got the sh.it kicked out of you for it, get over it.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject:

Jack09 wrote:
So as far as i see it, you entered this war knowing what could happen and you got the sh.it kicked out of you for it, get over it.

actually Jack the war is still going on... I wouldn't say exactly that we're getting the sh.it kicked out of us... I think we're doing pretty well under the circumstances... and being only 5K behind doesn't show that either in the numbers...
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject:

numbers, who cares about numbers, all i hear from you is that your getting destroyed, and not one thing from XYZ that they are gettting hit or anything.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject:

yah and your point? we're holding our own... we're still only 5K behind so its not impossible to turn things around...
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject:

well then do it and stop complaining, if you dont want those noobs to get bashed kick them out, it seems like you guys do that alot, or give them help, and dont bring up that were all noobs, cause you were like #1 player laster era, something like that, and you got 50k your first evo your friends tell me, so suck it up and turn things around if you can.
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject:

1. Coalition of the Galactic Commonwealth° [CGC] 7 25100
2. Warriors of the Fallen Star° [WFS] 2 21500
3. eXamine Your Zipper [XYZ] 6 20000
4. NoStars° [NS] 4 6300
5. Warriors Bootcamp [WB] 4 1600

Looks like things turned around. And CGC picked up a new member, along the way...

Come on guys, keep us informed! Or, failing that, just keep taunting the other guys. I need gossip.

What just happened? A success? A failure?
Details, details!

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject:

operation "two blind mice and a guide dog" had a significant backfire
 Back to top »
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Depending on how close to reality that operation was named, yeah, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I'd almost rather go in blind, than go in on someone else's information. Just never seems to work, quite right.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

LOL that is IT .
to bad it went wrong today but we will try again . We are still learning the game

Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject:

looks like Conner was their guide dog and Senor and Linux were the blind mice

We actually figured something of such would be coming as there was an odd day in ST yesterday with much unusual silence from XYZ...

and the best part was 3 vets took on only 2 of our members and 1 of those being the newbie that you all exploited and still couldn't manage the flag... we'll be waiting for your return...

Thanks for willingly giving us number 1 ... it is greatly appreciated...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
looks like Conner was their guide dog and Senor and Linux were the blind mice

We actually figured something of such would be coming as there was an odd day in ST yesterday with much unusual silence from XYZ...

and the best part was 3 vets took on only 2 of our members and 1 of those being the newbie that you all exploited and still couldn't manage the flag... we'll be waiting for your return...

Thanks for willingly giving us number 1 ... it is greatly appreciated...

Thank goodness...I can put the kleenex tissue box away.
This is good !
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » CGC vs XYZ
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: