Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
GNN - Eye In The Sky Reports

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » GNN Breaking News » GNN - Eye In The Sky Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GNN - Eye In The Sky
Midshipman

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: GNN - Eye In The Sky Reports

Thanks GNN for bringing me on board and promise to take care of our new helicopter. Definitely don't want it looking like that.

I'm sure our viewers would like a glimpse of our new helicopter so here is is.......................

Anyways, Onto better subjects.

It appears that the intermission between eras has been extended another 3 days. The extension is to allow the programming of the newly revised CTF.

ST player waits for the start of the new era, hoping to be able to run his battle plan.

'Eye In The Sky' is your ingame resource. Every 2 weeks 'Eye In The Sky' will be reporting on the latest happenings ingame.

Some topics to include:

- Flag Captures
- Alliance member count changes
- Alliance members score changes
- Leaderboard changes
- Significant great battles
- Wars
- Allies

Those are just some of the great stories that 'Eye In The Sky' will report on. Please don't hesitate to submit any news to any of our reporters. If you feel that your battle is great please report it to us and you might be contacted for an interview.

Stayed tuned for my first full bi-weekly report in about a week.

Goodnight and Stay Tuned to GNN for all your ST News.
 Back to top »
GNN - Eye In The Sky
Midshipman

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS

THIS JUST IN THE START OF THE NEW ERA IS EXTENDED ANOTHER 24HRS.

Admin wrote:
GNN says:
is the start of the new era delayed again?
ST ADMIN says:
yes
ST ADMIN says:
but we will upload the new fc in a few minutes
ST ADMIN says:
it should be tested a bit before the era starts

There you have it, From the great notorious Admin himself!

Stay tuned for further information! This is GNN your eye in the sky reporter keeping you up to date with whats happening.
 Back to top »
GNN - Eye In The Sky
Midshipman

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject:

THE EAGLE MISSION
Edition 1.2.1

Well hello everyone! There appears to be alot already happening with the start of the new era! This report is going to be full of fun, entertainment and stories to tell.

Some of the Top Stories we will cover in this issue of The Eagle Mission are:

- A bug with the new FC changes
- The new era name? (what's up with that?)
- A great birthday bash blowout
- A new war is on the horizon
- Current standings/rankings

* BUGS, BUGS, AND MORE BUGS *

During last era there was several bugs that were found and pointed out. These 2 bugs split the community in half. Some called it 'cheating' while others called it 'bugs or loopholes' but in turn, this community split caught the eyes of the admins. These 2 major issues were that of the 'drop 2 tactic' and 'the resetting of ID's to keep your flag hidden from other alliances easier tactic'. Admins got a chance to see both sides of the story and came up with a plan to make everyone happy as they suggested adding an additional 2500 (approximate) MP to the FC BUT could only use that extra MP in their F3 or base to better protect the flag. The only downfall which was a setup as a counter-balance for the additional FC F3 MP was that this fleet could only stay at the FC's base or fly to an alliance members base.

With the new changes going to be in effect for the start of the new era it was delayed a few days longer then it would've been but the community anxiously awaited the start of the new era to see what these changes were all about and what problems they would bring.

Upon the start of the new era it was discovered by the alliance XYZ that there was yet another bug with this new setup. They discovered it was possible to fly around with all 3 of your FC's fleets and that you could even attack an enemy's base with your F3 which included this additional MP. The alliance that this was used against complained to admin, 2 days later the bug was fixed.

Meanwhile this bug got fixed but another one appeared! The TWNs stopped working!!! That was then later resolved within a few hours of reports coming in via the ST forums.

Overall this appears to be a great new start for ST and the community.

The players are fascinated by the remarkable return of the Admin interaction with the community and interest in the game.

A ST player protesting the CGC's dirty tactic use.

* THE GREAT CGC REVOLUTION *

YES! This is the new era name, and was chosen by the CGC. I talked with Lilly - the leader of the CGC about this.

GNN - Hi Lilly! How are you today?

Lilly - oh jeez, what do you want this time?

GNN - I would like to speak with you about the era name choice.

Lilly - ah, ok... your going to ramble on anyways... brb battle

GNN - ok

(waits 33 min.)

Lilly - Score: 2580

GNN - gj Lilly, can we continue now?

Lilly - I guess so... wait what did you want to discuss this time again?

GNN - The new era name

Lilly - ohhhhhhhh yeah... ok go for it :p

GNN - I was just wondering if you could sum up a few sentences of why your alliance chose this name for the new era.

Lilly - well GNN, we chose it because of the fact that we feel that we created a remarkable excitement within the ST community and in the eyes of the admins. For us using the drop 2 tactic last era it caused a change for the better in ST. The changes may not be the best options (won't know till its played more) but it got the admins involved again within the game... so therefore we feel that the CGC created a revolution due to our rebellious nature last era... something good came out of it in the end...

GNN - ok, very long winded you are but none the less great response. That's all I needed. Thanks Lilly.

Lilly - np GNN, just quite bugging me on my birthday and when I have like 4 players incoming :p

GNN - wow really?

Lilly - yes GNN for really... hopefully I can get several thousand today for my birthday :p

GNN - well good luck and happy birthday Lilly! I'll let you get back to your battles. Talk to you soon.

Lilly - ok later...

There you have it ladies and gents... Lilly - always long winded with her replies... which brings us to our next subject...

* LILLY'S GREAT BIRTHDAY BASH! *

It appears this past Saturday was much more then just a birthday but a birthday come true for our ever so pleasant Lilly. She reports to GNN that she ended up with 9,000 points in a 24hr period. All the points came from the TOC alliance who has 6 members currently. She attacked them all via swank and reports to GNN that all they had was basic ships, fighters, destroyers and cruisers. The only member of TOC that didn't attack was their leader Mare. She said that she'd rather sit behind the computer all day on her birthday collecting points that were 'handed to her on a silver platter' rather then going out with friends drinking. She also said it wasn't much of a challenge but was nice to see that she could take on multiple players with one fleet setup but the best part of the day came when she added up her total points not realizing how many she really made throughout the day. Lilly stated that this will be one of her most memorable birthdays ever.

TOC alliance members bringing Lilly 'her gifts on a silver platter'

OK and on to other news...

* A NEW WAR ON THE HORIZON *

It appears as I have been flying over the battle fields that XYZ has started what looks to be a war with The Champion alliance CGC. They currently rank CGC #1 and XYZ #2 with only a few thousand points separating the 2 alliances. The CGC currently has 5 members and XYZ has 3 members. This is much different as The CGC isn't running away as they did in the beginning of last era. Can The CGC hang on to number 1 or will XYZ be too much... Stay tuned for further updates as we continue to monitor this breaking news story as it unfolds.

Rubble left behind after one of the battles.

* CURRENT RANKINGS *

High Scores

1. Burt Bacharach of Kansas City - 50974
2. Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime - 32486
3. Lots of NothinG - 31040
4. Arari of Reniphaes - 28937
5. Monte of Python - 23191
6. {ABC} of {123} - 17511
7. Irghon of Almunecar - 14897
8. The_Order_ of _Chaos_ - 10900
9. Arcade of The Fire - 9121
10. red metal worker of petrograd - 9111

Best Alliances

1. Coalition of the Galactic Commonwealth - 16900
2. eXamine Your Zipper - 15100
3. Warriors of the Fallen Star - 13700
4. NoStars - 7200

Other Alliances

alliance name

9. Double Trouble
11. HOOOWOOO
14. Imperial Guild
8. Konoha Gakure
12. Psylociboids
7. space cedets
13. The Order of Chaos
5. Trailer Park Crew
10. Twilight Force
6. Warriors Bootcamp

the alliance The Order of Chaos has control over the Black Hole at 500/500/50

the alliance The Order of Chaos has control over the Chronoton Nebula at 433/480/44

the alliance The Order of Chaos has control over the Graviton Pulsar at 429/510/52

Well SpaceTrace, that's all the time we have for now. Next report will be in about 2 weeks and something to look forward to is a teaching from our notorious spocko. Till then this is your eye in the sky reporter keeping you up to date with the current events.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » GNN Breaking News » GNN - Eye In The Sky Reports

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: