Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Capture the Flag improvements
Goto page 1, 2  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » accepted Suggetions » Capture the Flag improvements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Capture the Flag improvements

The Flag game will stay mandatory, but we want to improove it as much, that everyone wants it and we hope to move aside the main reasons that were claimed against the CtF-Game with these proposals:

The Flag Commander (FC) will get an extra amount of Manpower (2500-5000mp to be discussed) that he/she can only use for defending his and the ally planets.
This means, his 3rd fleet of the FC can only fly towards ally planets and is always set on "defense" (the 1st and 2nd fleet behave normal).
points made by this extra manpower will be given to the alliance points only.

this way the Flag commander can go out raiding for points in the galaxy and always has his extra fleet for defense at his base defending the Flag Station

The Transwarp Network of the FC will be improved: this means, that every fleet that is flying towards the FC (to help defending the flag) will get double transwarp (or tripple?)

this way the alliance can come help defending much faster and is not so vulnerable if they are spread yacross the galaxy
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject:

i like these changes.
it changes the strategy a bit though. the faster flight to FC base can also be used as a offensive strategy if one of my members is close to several enemy bases and other members are far from them. but the possibility of losing the flag by putting it closer to the enemy balances it.
very good; )
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject:

we think this will improve the game because:

- defending the alliance will get more easy
- the FC is more attractive to play: more firepower and faster Transwarp, but we think this is balanced by the third fleet set to defense only.
even if the flag of the alliance is not in danger, playing the FC is fun, because you can have more battles by defending your allies with a big fleet and simultaniously attack someone else with another 5000 mp. Or for a big defense you can use all your 7500-10000 mp at home.

it is a solution which should make the FC more attractive, defending the alliance more attractiv - that is good

sure, stealing a flag will be more difficult, indeed it will need coordinated attacks to break through a deense like that, but we think it's balanced.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject:

To much extra MP, I would give max 2000 but i would rather see 1500 or less.
Extra MP should only be in fleet 3 and IMHO unable to move and always set to defence.
Also when FC would be changed all ships are automatically reset and only then new FC should get option to build new defence fleet.This would give attacker some time to catch enemy off guard and also to at least to some extent prevent people of making new accounts every day to hide flag.This way flag would be undefended for at least those 11h till ships are build.
TWG should stay at 3 times warp thats as fast as it is.
Also because of use of all radio signals generated from extra MP planet alert system would be affaected and its range would be back to 5 sectors around base.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I like the suggestions, this would help out CTF greatly...

I do like the fact that the TWN to the FC would be quicker, this would help balance "sneak attacks" that doesn't show on the alliance incoming... the TWN right now is 3 times faster to all players... I wouldn't suggest exactly doubling it but maybe making it 4 or 5 times faster...

I like the added extra MP available for use in the 3rd fleet to protect the flag... I think the total amount allowed should be around 2500 - 3000 and only being able to be built after the flag switch and only allowing this to be in the 3rd fleet set only on defense... and once the flag is moved the 3rd fleet would be set back to a normal use fleet and all of the MP would instantly reset...

@ ADMIN - how would this work if the FC has researched the final exploration? would it then become his 2nd fleet that can be used for flag protection or would they not have the option to use the extra MP?

EDIT :: there still is the issue of the constant evo out issue... I might suggest that since canceling accounts can't be changed that CTF is raised from the needed 10 day mark to 20 days for maximum point gain possible - this would give a chance for the alliance that had their flag captured ample time to be able to locate it and have a chance to regain it...

THIS ISSUE IS NOW BEING ADDRESSED AT - http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6558

Last edited by DragonLilly on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject:

that's a bug and is treated as cheating, so it will not be possible to beam the flag to another place.

so 10 days will be enough to find the flag and reclaim it i think
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I have made a poll for this topic...

VOTE HERE

http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6574
 Back to top »
Breon
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
To much extra MP, I would give max 2000 but i would rather see 1500 or less.
Extra MP should only be in fleet 3 and IMHO unable to move and always set to defence.
Also when FC would be changed all ships are automatically reset and only then new FC should get option to build new defence fleet.This would give attacker some time to catch enemy off guard and also to at least to some extent prevent people of making new accounts every day to hide flag.This way flag would be undefended for at least those 11h till ships are build.
TWG should stay at 3 times warp thats as fast as it is.
Also because of use of all radio signals generated from extra MP planet alert system would be affaected and its range would be back to 5 sectors around base.

I think the range should be around 1500-2000 for extra MP. Why would you lock up your fleet 3 ? Flying 3 fleets is a great aspect to the game. Extra manpower should be at base.
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject:

even though i am new you asked for everyones opinion,
yes this is a good idea but BREON has a good point, if your flag commander you cant use you fleet 3 other than defense..its locked up.
The extra MP should go only to the base!!!
as stated above.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject:

it's not locked up, you can fly to every other alliance member to defend there
and we think that a greater advantage, than if your MP stays at base all the time. you have much more options
 Back to top »
imperial wizzard
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject:

the FC sounds good, but i also think 1500mp extra should be enough and only stays at the base of the FC and when the FC changes the extra mp should change to the new FC.

greetz
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject:

to help balancing imagine the following:

imagine there would be the choice for your alliance : without CTF or with CTF + new FC abilities.

The FC advantage must be that great that noone will ever choose without CTF.

i think 2500 extra mp for the FC for fleet 3 which only can defend is not too good and it adds some flair for the gameplay (in fact the FC is becoming some kind of alliance defender)

i am not sure what speed the FC-TWG should have, maybe factor 6 is to high, maybe 5 would be nice. For defending you would need some extra speed, i think, because defending is kind of difficult. in fact he FC is loosing one fleet for attacking, so there must be an defense advantage.

so attacks on the Flag must be coordinated, for example make a fake attack an ally-member to lure away the defender fleet of the FC aso.

these two improvements makes the FC so attractive (but not outbalanced - this will not help at the score planets f.e.) that everybody would love to have one.

Last edited by spacetrace on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think we should do all kinds of innovation to up the number of players, so I'm going to agree on a general basis.

As a side comment:
I've given a lot of thought to defense, and some of my tricks were, I think, innovations when I used them in the last era. Even if it takes away some of my edge, I'll go along with it in the interests of the game, and unlike some other suggestions I think this one might not only be non-bad but actually quite cool and interesting.

Regarding the comments about base/fleet 3:
I think the admin suggestion is very good. Let's say that you get 2500MP extra as FC. I suggest that fleet3+base must then contain at least 2750MP or similar, and that as suggested the fleet3 is always in "defend" attitude.

For those who suggested the extra MP must be in base:
The best defense is not always (in fact seldom) a big pile of ships in your base. When you are newb you tend to always attack with one giant fleet. Then when you get into the game you find possibilities with two or three fleets in combo. When you are more experienced, and particularly when you are on-line during defense, you find that multi-layered defenses, presenting the attacker with various problems, are often good, as well as defenses that exploit the attackers weaknesses.

I don't really want the FC TWG to be too hot, because it is part of an alliances strengths to be on your toes and guard against attacks. When you have built up a big plus score you must begin to consider sending an extra fleet or two to the FC for extra defense. If many people feel that a pimped TWG is the s**t I will yield, but could we limit it to warp 4 or something?
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:
If many people feel that a *** TWG is the s**t I will yield, but could we limit it to warp 4 or something?
i didnt get this. what do you mean?
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Hahaha, it seems the "bad words" function didn't like p*mped, like in "p*mp my ride". I knew it wouldn't like s**t (there is an hi there in the middle), but not the other word
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject:

The transwarp boost will onlly work TOWARDS the FC-Planet, not the other direction

the extra amount will be 50% of his normal manpower, so for example if you researched clonelabs, then you will have the normal mp (lets say 5000 for example) and 1.1 times for clone labs and 1.5 times for FC, so you will have
5000 * 1.1 * 1.5= 8250
without clonelabs: 7500 mp

And about the problem about final exploration:
if someone has researched that, they will still only have the fleet 1 and 2, so an FC with finel ax. has no 3rd alliance fleet and can use the extra MP only for his base.
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject:

with an extra 3000 mp defending, how is a small alliance ever supposed to be able to capture a flag of a larger alliance.

and a triple speed twg?

might as well just leave the bug, at least there is a chance that the flag can get stolen if the leader and fc are both offline and cant quit or be banned.

make the option it so that any alliance member can ban any other alliance member, so no one can steal flags.

and put back in the bug that lets people not evo, as an option, or just have a checkbox that lets you choose if you want to "self evo or dom evo"

any other optional things you all want, just add them to the list, and make it the most boring one sided game on the web.

make fighting optional. so if players want to just explore and not ever have to fight.

make messages optional so players that never want to communicate, dont have to get messages .

make fleets optional so players that just want to research can do only that.

make coms optional, so players that dont want other players to know where they are , can by just removing thier coms.

make having a base optional, so players that are on the move can stay on the move.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

I also think that 2.5k MP is a little bit over powered as well as FCs TWG doesnt need to be faster.

Lock extra MP at FCs base in third fleet and always set to defence.2 man alliance or one player can get severe pounding because of this.Imagine having sit on with 7.5 K MP on you.Third fleet can be used as a resupply fleet and if you are neighbour to his alliance mate.Then FC can fly even faster to his base to resupply.So he can easy leave 2.5k pengs at your base for constant deletion of your base.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
FC can easy leave 2.5k pengs at your base for constant deletion of your base.
what would that be good for?
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject:

So your base is always destroyed.
You destroy base once put there big c1 spam and you kill his base every 24h.He cant put nothing in production since he doesnt have shipyard and when he logs to put something in production he gets annihilated.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » accepted Suggetions » Capture the Flag improvements
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: