Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Who wants to be the new leader of a startup alliance?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Who wants to be the new leader of a startup alliance?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Who wants to be the new leader of a startup alliance?

the Twilight Force and the Imperial Guild need new leaders

al12 wrote:
since T2 and Marlito somehow stopt being the leaders of TF and IG there hasn't been a real expeirenced leader in those alliance anymore. That's why there have been complaints in the past about them. The TF and IG alliances aren't working now unless 2 experienced players are set leader again not only to keep the main message but also for questions. And maybe they can then setup battles between there alliances.
so any volunteers?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I can again, look after one or even both of the newb alliances. It is not a job that is time sensitive as is regular ST battles.
Looking after both alliances allows an impartial leader to "suggest" to new players on both sides who they should battle first. Battles for new players to the game could be partially kept between players of similar skill level.

The leader could also see who, from the regular alliances is abusing or bashing newbs.
 Back to top »
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject:

T2 you have my vote for leader but you should be in the alliance.

The main problem I had in my first Evo was there was no direction or communication in the newbie alliance. How do you know who you can trust if the person is not in the Alliance list.

I think there should be a leader for both.

Thanks T2 for volunteering.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject:

Ok I'm willing to give it a try , so if you need me for the job let me know . but only 1 thing leaders from both alliance can't be voted for cause this is why mare lost control I believe

Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject:

No I lost control because account evoed out and I couldnt restart it by my self.Only admin could and since then random leaders were leading TF.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
No I lost control because account evoed out and I couldnt restart it by my self.Only admin could and since then random leaders were leading TF.

Same thing happened to me and lost control.

Maybe Admin can tweak that portion of the leadership so it cannot be voted out and when end of evo happens, it gets automaticcally re-instated without admin having to restart the account.
Also, in interest of making the game interesting for new players, not too sure if Marlito or Admin agrees, I thought from the last time, I could try to generate some good battles between the 2 starter alliances.

For those who are unaware, the leadership of either of these alliances has no MP to work with and can only work as an advisor.

For this reason leaders can still play their normal accounts as well and it is not considered as multi'ing.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject:

[quote="T2"]
Failtrip1 wrote:
not too sure if Marlito or Admin agrees

What I have to agree to.You know who The Big Boss is.
But someone did gave an interesting suggestion(dont know who-to mayn topics raised lately) that while in protective state you get access to battle sim so newbies can check out game faster than normally have to wait couple of days for battle to happen.
Also automated welcome message would be in order but make it so that is coming from current TF or IG leader.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:

But someone did gave an interesting suggestion(dont know who-to mayn topics raised lately) that while in protective state you get access to battle sim so newbies can check out game faster than normally have to wait couple of days for battle to happen.
Also automated welcome message would be in order but make it so that is coming from current TF or IG leader.

The battle sim within or very handy to the newb alliance...what a wonderful idea and a chance for new players to get an idea how the game works.
I also like the automatic generation of a welcome message that is a little more "personal" that the current welcome message that is generated.
Perhaps re-worded to point out that a new player can try the simulator to get the jist of how the game works.

The game will not be for everyone who tries it but if we can increase the number of people who say they will give it a chance, I know they will become hooked.
After all, where else can a new player, if they have the skill can make it to #1 spot in their first try. Highly unlikely due to lack of knowledge but none-the-less very possible.

You got to love a game that is not dependant on keystrokes or gathering "rank" before you can be a contender for top spot.
 Back to top »
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject:

yes i agree the tf and ig need new leaders. the current ones are ineffective. the current ig leader hasnt been on for over 3 days. when i started not that long ago i asked him some questions and he didnt ever get back to me. i have had to turn to other players for advice.
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject:

That'll b me who proposed the battle sim idea and tutorial.

If we can increase the number of sims available in the galaxy so newbies dont have to go to far too.

Also linked with the personal message maybe a link to a forum topic which has a step by step newbie guide.

Example:

1. Go to production : build 3 ms, 1500 fighters, 150 destroyer, 20 cruisers

2. Go to research : start research on...vessel scan:
>>>maybe give examples of what order possible research could be done esp initially.

3. Give coords of battle simulators and describe how to find a close one. How to use probes etc

4. Go to fleets screen : show how to distribute ships. Send them to battle sim.

ETC
ETC
ETC....but of course with more explanation as u go along...and possibly more visually friendly than the welcome page in TF and IG

I know the above information is given in the newbie guild alliance page, but a link in their initial welcome message might also help.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject:

in regards to sparks recommendation, I agree with more battle sims so the new players don't have to fly too far... this might end up with them bored with a long initial flight...

I can start to write up something towards this, as this was part of what I originally wanted to do with the manual... but I don't have very much time to rewrite the whole manual... I do think a tutorial should be written up...

I'm willing to do this but might need a bit of insite from advanced players... if you have any thoughts on what to add... please let me know... thx
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject:

ok, so it seems, there was a bug in ST.

they shouldn have evoed out,

i will iniciate them today and mare and T2 stay the leaders

thx
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject:

Sparks indeed it was your idea It was to late for me to find out who come up with it.For those messages I wrote down some 10 or more pointers in what would your very first steps be in ST.You could find that in alliance screen.But that is deleted now.Spacetrace was also trying to make tutorial videos on youtube for this but video was to poor quality to be of any help.Maybe can someone else try,its been some time from the last attempt and computer technology has moved forward.

Admin If you could appoint Connor to be the new leader of TF I dont have the time to take care of TF.I belive he will make better leader as I did.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject:

since connor has no time anymore, we need a new leader for the twilight force

it is not much work, just log in every other day to keep the leader running, and answer some newbie questions, maybe help newbies to find an active alliance.
if you like, you can try to get a war on with the other starter alliance but most players in the starter alliances are not very active.
Active players go into their own alliance.

please can the former leaders of starter alliances post their experience what there is to do and what not?
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject:

Perhaps I could do it; I was in TF for half my evo this round and, with ilo tried to start some sort of flag capture. It didn't work out but I have had some experience, managed to help a few people .

I haven't got the knowledge as some of the other players but I can teach the basics which is all that is needed.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject:

As admin says, all you have to do is log in everyday or two and answer a few basic questions on occasion.

MJ would do a good job IMO.

Not too sure if it's possible but Incarnation of Enlightenment has reached end of evo. Admin, if you can re-evo the account, I'll continue to check in and offer info or assistance.
Maybe you could make the starter alliance leader account something that does not need your intervention when re-evo occurs. A "permanent" account that does not evo out ?
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Should the need arise I could also deal with startup alliance leadership as a 1x daily is np although the times of my availability will change often.
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
imperial wizzard
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject:

If u need a leader for ur newbe alliance i will volunteer...just let me now...

greetz
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
since connor has no time anymore, we need a new leader for the twilight force

it is not much work, just log in every other day to keep the leader running, and answer some newbie questions, maybe help newbies to find an active alliance.
if you like, you can try to get a war on with the other starter alliance but most players in the starter alliances are not very active.
Active players go into their own alliance.

please can the former leaders of starter alliances post their experience what there is to do and what not?

Still have the time , but that wasn't the reason for me to stop as tf leader . it was the lack of action against players that cheated , that made me decide to leave it .

Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject:

ok, so mjak is the new leader of the fwighlight force

t2, i thought i added the leaders or the newbie alliances already to a list, that is not visited by the dominion, so they shouldndt need to re-evo.

i set the registertime to 1.4. again now, but
what was the problem with the leader account?

and thx imp wiz for the offer, maybe you can help next time or in another way
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Who wants to be the new leader of a startup alliance?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: