Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Inatic wrote:
admin wrote:
i only wanted to know, if it could be, that newbies have a hard time or not

if we have to do something or not

yes newbies do have a hard time, ehem!
im a newbie to this game with only two weeks of gameplay.
But luckily some people are nice enough to teach me the ways of the game
"instructor of camp boot" is teaching me and another.
This game is so hard when your starting

But ADMIN it is especially when the vet players attack you, luckily it hasn't happened to me because i'm now in a learners alliance. But the reason no one wants to play ST and why I almost didn't want to play anymore is because we feel threatened by the people who have been here for more than 2 years.

I know thats the way of the game and we have to s uck it up,
which we will, but to answer your question admin......YES

So you say you got help from a vet,no one attacked you but still you wanted to leave because you felt pressure from vets?!

And look at you, it only took two weeks to discover why so few are playing this game and some of the guys have been around here for years helping the game in any way possible but now we know its because non attacking vets who are helping newbs are pressuring them so hard that they leave.WOW...speechless...

This topic isnt serious Its like explaining why dont we have more MP available?

I wont take any part in this discussion no more.

Last edited by Failtrip1 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm referring to several months ago when I started playing and I was attacked everyday by the same guy, so I quit after 3 days.
Now I', currently playing again...because I thought i might give it another chance because its fun...........and I was just answering ADMINS question....
admin wrote:

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Inatic..thanks for coming back and giving ST a second try. I'm glad you linked up with a team that can give you advice, help and moral support.

If you would have made it known that SOMEONE of SOMEWHERE keeps attacking you, I would be right by your side helping defend, calling out the Noob Basher for what they were and fighting them and hopefully, putting them in the same position as they put you.

Attacking new players is required for a new player to grasp concepts but to rape a new player of every mp they build every day is certainly a cowards way of playing the game.

IF any new player is experiencing this, shout it out in the forums and I'm sure you will have no shortage of help rushing to your base. Especially from such long standing players such as Connor, Failtrip. and quite a few others.
I'll certainly do my best to protect you and make your bashers point gain something a little harder to achieve. Maybe even steal some of their points.

For the record, do you remember the name of the player that was attacking you?

I know some vets have publicly stated they don't care who they hit ( eg: William Wallace) but I think players that adopt that attitude don't do any favors for Space Trace as a whole. This game is not easy to master for a new player and it can discourage any noob's desire to learn the game.

This could also contribute to the lessening of players in the game.

Last edited by T2 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Inatic wrote:
I'm referring to several months ago when I started playing and I was attacked everyday by the same guy, so I quit after 3 days.
Now I', currently playing again...because I thought i might give it another chance because its fun...........and I was just answering ADMINS question....
admin wrote:

Yes you are just answering ADMINs question.They took care of me but I feel pressured by them so I almost left the game for the second time...oh sorry do I put pressure on you.Being to rude...Its a game not real war,you wont lose a leg if you get beaten,its made for fun not to be afraid of.

Why didnt you PMed any other player ingame?
Why didnt you do anything?You just left...Why?Why?Why?
If I was hit in my first EVO like you said you were,I would still be sitting on that guy today...
But I guess some are quitters some fighters.

Nevermind me last post here.
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Inatic..thanks for coming back and giving ST a second try. I'm glad you linked up with a team that can give you advice, help and moral support.

If you would have made it known that SOMEONE of SOMEWHERE keeps attacking you, I would be right by your side helping defend, calling out the Noob Basher for what they were and fighting them and hopefully, putting them in the same position as they put you.

Attacking new players is required for a new player to grasp concepts but to *** a new player of every mp they build every day is certainly a cowards way of playing the game.

IF any new player is experiencing this, shout it out in the forums and I'm sure you will have no shortage of help rushing to your base. Especially from such long standing players such as Connor, Failtrip. and quite a few others.
I'll certainly do my best to protect you and make your bashers point gain something a little harder to achieve. Maybe even steal some of their points.

Thank you, I certainly appreciate the back up.
I'm glad people are willing to be patient with us
while we learn this game.
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Hrmmm *blushes*, I've sort of stomped a guy several times.
Haven't cleaned out his buildings tho....

I offered my advice, no reply.
Offered to get him into a training alliance, no reply.
I gave him some advice anyway, which he adapted but misunderstood
He was p****d, but hey that's life.
I divide my attention between three targets at the moment. And I have hit a more experienced player several times also.
There is only 1 more player in decent range anyway, and I'll visit that planet too.

Now I've let the first guy be for some time, and I'm going to hit him again.
That's the way it is.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:
Hrmmm *blushes*, I've sort of stomped a guy several times.
Haven't cleaned out his buildings tho....

I offered my advice, no reply.
Offered to get him into a training alliance, no reply.
I gave him some advice anyway, which he adapted but misunderstood
He was p****d, but hey that's life.
I divide my attention between three targets at the moment. And I have hit a more experienced player several times also.
There is only 1 more player in decent range anyway, and I'll visit that planet too.

Now I've let the first guy be for some time, and I'm going to hit him again.
That's the way it is.

At least Colin you made efforts to point out mistakes and offered help. You can lead a horse to water but.......

Give the guy advance warning that you will be hitting them in 24 hrs. They may run, hide or stand you off but at least they won't feel like vet food.
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject:

I have to admit to having attacked a newbie or two in the past but usually after I have exhausted battles around where I have been. And I dont think I've 'bashed' them, though I might have attacked again if they were up for the fight.

We've all seen a decline in players and I dont think it can be totally put at the door of vets bashing noobs (this is a war game after all)...and there aint too many players around to pick and choose.

The problem for newbies is they are dealt a blow as soon as they come out of newbie protection and see their score drop into a minus figure (whether they have attacked someone or someone has attacked them). This is what usually turns away most newbies who's psyche cant take that initial blow.

The newbie guilds were created for this purpose, however I dont think they have helped a great deal. The best way to improve and gain knowledge is to join a established alliance or one of the training alliances..

However I do have a suggestion...If I may.......
>>>

Is it possible to have some kind of tutorial based battles during newbie protection. We could do this by linking it to the battle simulator. At the moment there is only one simulator. But if we have a dozen or so simulator planets (call them training arenas) where newbies can go battle in safety during newbie protection, it might improve their confidence in the game so they will stay longer (PS newbie protection time may need to be exteneded to help with this). This ofcourse needs development but I hope it is a seed of a good idea???

Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: veteran players of the game are hurting the player count

Well DL wrote that she is getting picked on by vets, when her and her alliance were picking on me and my alliance, so who is really dropping the count, the vets who attack then give advice, or the people who just want points and get mad that they dont get them.

The vets in this game are fine, every vet i have ever fought or teamed up with, gave advice and told me more about the game, the vets are fine, blame this problem on something else.

ACCUSATIONS!!!

DragonLilly wrote:
POINT IS... when will veteran alliances allow a new alliance to actually be able to defend itself?

taking advantage that I'm still building buildings for crying out loud... how is this supposed to help us learn?

do you really think that I like hitting dead account? NO... I want to learn the game but the Veteran players never give the chance...

Hmm, now lets look at this, your ALPHA friend and your other friend tried to scare me in game about how good you are, they said you got 50000 first evo, well no one just gets fifty thousand without being somewhat experianced, so suck it up and please, for everyone.

STOP WHINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jack09 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject:

I think the gist of the thread has changed a little. The quote by admin of DL is about vet allis against newbie allis. However I think the gist has changed to newbies getting turned away right at the start. If we can grab them here they are more likely to stay on and develop.

But as for alli v alli thing I think that is being discussed in the CTF thread:

http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6563

Oh and in addition to my little suggestion before:

Sparks wrote:

Is it possible to have some kind of tutorial based battles during newbie protection. We could do this by linking it to the battle simulator. At the moment there is only one simulator. But if we have a dozen or so simulator planets (call them training arenas) where newbies can go battle in safety during newbie protection, it might improve their confidence in the game so they will stay longer (PS newbie protection time may need to be exteneded to help with this). This ofcourse needs development but I hope it is a seed of a good idea???

Could there possibly be a new alli "officer" like the CoW. but one who can hire and train newbies...IE each alliance will have an option to have a training guild. Newbies can be recruited to these guilds by a Recruiting & Training Officer (RTO). They can have a separate screen like the CoW with added messsage screen just for this training alliance. Ofcourse these training alliances cant take part in the alli top score...and may only fight people in other training alliances or the newbie guilds. (eg with a set attack codes). It also means the RTO can still participate in the main alli battles as well (and no double accounts) while training. Also so as not to abuse this a penalty eg of points/credits can be used to hire a newbie or have a RTO.
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject:

this is not a problem. this is just how the game is played. when i started 9 months ago i got hit on here and there by vets, most were helpful.

trying to say that because an alliance new it should be left alone is silly talk. dont make an alliance and be a la of it if you dont think you can do it, it is not the vets fault.

if you start an alliance and suddenly move into the #1 slot it shows you and your allince know how to play the game.

it would be far to easy to just art new accounts using different emails at signup to avoid ever being considered a vet.

---------------------

there are deeper reasons why the noobs keep quitting. it is called player attudes. and they are begining to ruin the game.

too many cheaters that cry about every little thing they dont like, instead of helping to make it a well balanced game.

all this has really started to get old, drawn out and boring.

------------

why not just shut off the server, format the HD and wr a whole new game with little daisy's and bunnies and a pretty yellow sun, then the game would be perfect!!!! all warm and fuzzy and sweet smelling.

*edit* i need to add this.
Quote:
DragonLilly wrote:
the more vetern players of the game are hurting the player count...

the only reason my alliance chose to use the drop 2 tactic before the flag was stolen was because my alliance had 5 members 4 of them have less then 1 year experiance in the game... were taken on by a 9 man alliance with alot more experiance...
the vetern players aren't giving the newcomers any chances for success.
hence the reason we resorted to the drop 2 tactic.

and the main reason my alliance doesn't want to participate in CTF is because we feel like we're being punished for our high activity levels... thus raising our member score really high... which makes us a constant target for CTF... we'd like to go offensive vs. being on defense all of the time...

i am not a 9 member alliance. i sent hq invader fleets in 2 times only to have it stopped by this tactic. why cant they fight fair against an obviously weaker alliance that only had 3 members.

-------------------------------------------

somewhere we had disscussed an issue of players never leaving the ig and tf, this is very similar, maybe there need to look into that
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
POINT IS... when will veteran alliances allow a new alliance to actually be able to defend itself?

taking advantage that I'm still building buildings for crying out loud... how is this supposed to help us learn?

do you really think that I like hitting dead account? NO... I want to learn the game but the Veteran players never give the chance...

hehe lily.
i attacked her yesterday and trust me, this flower has no trouble defending herself. sure i took down her base, but it was a challenging fight.
just recycle your swank lily and build a real fleet, then you'll have less trouble against vets.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject:

@ ADMIN - I see a very serious problem here... This was a combination of our incoming, our newest members DSP and Sensors from his fleet screen... that's 9 fleets from vets attacking a 1st EVO newbie...

alliance incomings:

in the vicinity of PLAYER 1 are foreign fleets detected :
: fleet 1 from Lots of NothinG ETA 2 h 44 m

: fleet 2 from Lots of NothinG ETA 2 h 44 m

: fleet 3 from Lots of NothinG ETA 2 h 44 m

: fleet 1 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime ETA 1 h

: fleet 2 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime ETA 59 m

: fleet 3 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime ETA 33 m

fleet 2 from The Witness of SilentWatcher
126 2 1 1

fleet 3 from The Witness of SilentWatcher
0 1 0 0

fleet 1 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime
2465 1 6 2

fleet 2 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime
120 1 1 1

fleet 3 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime
0 0 0 1

a cloaking signature of a medium fleet detected at 472/489/34.85

hyperjumpgate detected:
fleet 2 from The Witness of SilentWatcher (ETA 1 h 38 m)
hyperjumpgate detected:
fleet 3 from The Witness of SilentWatcher (ETA 2 h 4 m)
hyperjumpgate detected:
fleet 1 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime (ETA 3 h 8 m)
hyperjumpgate detected:
fleet 2 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime (ETA 3 h 7 m)
hyperjumpgate detected:
fleet 3 from Zaphod*Brox of Jaffa*Prime (ETA 2 h 41 m)

hyperdrop warning:
flight vector passes your planet:
fleet 1 from Lots of NothinG (distance: 8 sectors)
fleet 2 from Lots of NothinG (distance: 8 sectors)
fleet 3 from Lots of NothinG (distance: 8 sectors)
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject:

Ok listen admin, i havent even evod yet and im holding my own, though it may barely, but someone that has been here over three months and has been with the number 1 alliance is still a noob and cant protect himself, i say get him some help and beat those fleets up and do some stuff that can help him instead of just whining about it.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject:

On topic:

http://www.google.si/search?hl=sl&q=veteran+players+of+the+game+are+hurting+the+player+count&btnG=Iskanje&meta=

Off topic:
Jack wanna join ToC?All you need to do is have one account.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject:

Jack... I'd love to see you take on 9 fleets from vets by yourself...
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
On topic:

Off topic:

and this is all you have to say???

pretty pathetic... I'd definitely be willing to sit down with admin and try and come up with something in regards to this issue...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject:

This player you speak of...is he a member of an alliance... I'll assume he is part of CGC.
How does it come that he must defend himself BY HIMSELF !
Does this CGC alliance not watch each others backs ?

A battle between the top 2 alliances is what this game is all about IMO.

Get in and help him...don't cry about it .
Poor guy...hope your not throwing him to the wolves !
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject:

ah.. fucking drama queen! go cry me a river and then stop playing..

those fleets are all coming at separate times. you could defend your stupid base against all of them if you had some game and you would not have got them all attacking you in first place if you hadn't asked for it. so next time you open your mouth to say something you regret, remember this night. now go delete you're account and pretend your quitting to get some pity and then open up the new one already.

I've seen your nonsence in 3 different topics today and it's getting pretty fucking annoying.

tell your noob to get out of the top 2 alliance which is in war if he doesn't want any action. best way to learn is by losing. thats how me, T2 and the rest of these idiots all learned the game.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
On topic:

http://www.g00gle.si/search?hl=sl&q=veteran+players+of+the+game+are+hurting+the+player+count&btnG=Iskanje&meta=

Off topic:

Why does every1 think im a multi, does DL have that much influence on you guys, sure ill join ToC, no point to not join, i have one and only one account, ill PM you the name so these people out here dont try to pick on me.

Edit: Does anyone ever read my post, i just said what you guys just said, we all think alike, and DL like everyone is saying those fleets are coming at different times, hit them first or just wait it out and pop them one at a time, and if i had the right fleet setup i would give them a hell of a fight but im a NOOB and still learning so shut up and grow some cahones and fight.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: