Register
CtF: Automatic War
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » CtF: Automatic War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: CtF: Automatic War

I was chatting with FailTrip about this and he had a somewhat decent suggestion... once a flag was captured, setting CTF to an automatic war setting meaning either alliance involved couldn't evo/reset or drop to 2 members... and this would go on until the end of the era or when both alliance leaders click the 'peace' button... the only exception to this would be of course dominion... which would be legal...

I'm adding to that suggestion that if your alliance is in this war status that when creating a new account you are 'locked-in' to your location of your recreated account... no 'searching' for a good location... and to stop people from making multiple accounts... make sure that there is a setup made that if your alliance is in war no new members may join the alliances at war once a flag is captured so therefore when you evo via dominion you have to recreate using the same login ID... to re-establish yourself with your alliance...

so this way it will also encourage peace if people want to join the alliance...

so to explain this simply...

1. automatic 'war' feature when a flag is captured
2. with war feature activated no members can leave without penalty to the alliance with exception of proper 100% evo by dominion or going inactive, no banning permitted by either side.
3. when evo'ing by dominion and recreating a new account, must be under same login name to rejoin an alliance at war
4. no new members can join the alliance at war during war time with the exception of evo'd members by dominion and must use the same login name as used before their dominion evo. (if use of login name can't be done maybe have it setup to where dominion provides you with a randomized keyword that can only be used once to rejoin the previous alliance)
5. No looking for a new location when creating a new account for anyone during wartime.
6. the war feature would be active until end of era or when BOTH alliances involved push the 'peace' button. To be made an option for the leader.

I'd play under these conditions...
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject:

too many rules, too complicated. lets keep it simple. imho a war-mode in this form eliminates a good fun part of the wars. like getting reinforcements, spying, etc.

but i like the part of locking coords so you could not search for a suitable spot. add this and remove the drop-2 method and we're set. everything else is ok and works.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Senor wrote:
too many rules, too complicated. lets keep it simple. imho a war-mode in this form eliminates a good fun part of the wars. like getting reinforcements, spying, etc.

but i like the part of locking coords so you could not search for a suitable spot. add this and remove the drop-2 method and we're set. everything else is ok and works.

point is - we're trying to eliminate not only the drop-2 method but the evo'ing out early issue to keep a flag hidden by bigger alliances... so if the drop-2 tactic has to go then so does the resetting early... beings that the only maximum time needed to reach a full 20% is 10 days...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Well... I think I'd tend to agree with Senor. I wouldn't want to give up the spy aspect of the game while at war and I certainly would want to be able to recruit if faced with unmanagable odds.

"Shopping" for a remote corner of space to hide in should be prevented and penalties could be imposed for membership drop (other than dominion visits) both to the alliance score and the player who dropped out of the alliance.

Dropping to less than 3 players or dropping membership by 50 % ( or whatever number is fair) automatically means flag goes back to the original owners.
I think there can be things done to prevent the questionable tactics that won't change the spirit of the game as well.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Well... I think I'd tend to agree with Senor. I wouldn't want to give up the spy aspect of the game while at war and I certainly would want to be able to recruit if faced with unmanagable odds.

"Shopping" for a remote corner of space to hide in should be prevented and penalties could be imposed for membership drop (other than dominion visits) both to the alliance score and the player who dropped out of the alliance.

Dropping to less than 3 players or dropping membership by 50 % ( or whatever number is fair) automatically means flag goes back to the original owners.
I think there can be things done to prevent the questionable tactics that won't change the spirit of the game as well.

I tend to disagree about the recruiting issue... we already know that there isn't many players ingame to begin with and the vets seem to have each others backs around here... whats stopping an alliance from jumping from a 5 man fight vs. a 5 man fight to a 10 vs. 5 fight? I think this needs to have some minor perimeters set on it as well... make the flag game worth while but not over doing it...

I would suggest if an alliance wants to grow then they pay the price of something like 2500 points for each additional member it wishes to add during the time the alliance holds a flag... as these points will easily be made up by the new member anyhow...

point is overall that the player count in ST is falling and it's hard to come by new members, so whats stopping all of the vets from gang banging a new alliance???

also another suggestion - if you want to recruit have a separate alliance built to ally with... no need to all join the same alliance... plus it will also really make the game that much more strategical in regards to ok... if we can't gain any more members, would this be a good time to take XXX alliance flag??? could just our members handle their current members?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
T2 wrote:

I tend to disagree about the recruiting issue... we already know that there isn't many players ingame to begin with and the vets seem to have each others backs around here... whats stopping an alliance from jumping from a 5 man fight vs. a 5 man fight to a 10 vs. 5 fight? I think this needs to have some minor perimeters set on it as well... make the flag game worth while but not over doing it...

I would suggest if an alliance wants to grow then they pay the price of something like 2500 points for each additional member it wishes to add during the time the alliance holds a flag... as these points will easily be made up by the new member anyhow...

point is overall that the player count in ST is falling and it's hard to come by new members, so whats stopping all of the vets from gang banging a new alliance???

also another suggestion - if you want to recruit have a separate alliance built to ally with... no need to all join the same alliance... plus it will also really make the game that much more strategical in regards to ok... if we can't gain any more members, would this be a good time to take XXX alliance flag??? could just our members handle their current members?

Now your talking !
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject:

once your alliance has 3 members all 3 are locked into the alliance

once there are 3 members each must hold a title, MoC, FC or CoW

when you hold a title you can not quit the alliance.

even an inactive player would get locked in until their evo.

the only way to leave the alliance would be a dominion evo, then the 3rd title goes back to the leader and the flag is gone again.

the titles should be allowed to be passed to another member, like the current FC, with a 36h wait time. this way if there are more than 3 members and one wants out or has become inactive the leader can remove them, but not before the 36h move time and not if it would make the alliance have less than 3 members without a proper evo.

--------------------------------------

this would prevent banning members or player evo's to guard the flag, and create a balance in the flag part of the game.

i think this is fair and would be as much a hindrance as much as an advantage.

and as before if you have a small alliance and dont want to guard your flag, do not get get more than 2 members.
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject:

Maybe we should all do it like every other CTF game ever made, two teams fighting to get a flag, they both clash the flag stays in the same spot, you must be strategic in attacking and defending your flag, all this moving and evoing and retreating and moving and evoing and hiding is annoying, i was with Durago when he went for i think it was the cgc flag, doesnt matter, before we got there they evod and boom there flag was gone, what i propose the admin should do is this, everybody might not like but i dont care.

Have whoever the FC is be in total control, have the flag stay at his base and cannot be moved, and no matter what you do if you have an alliance, even if you have one member you have a flag, it makes it very hard to defend and it can be hard to take, and have nothing that can be used to make the flag dissapear, if anyone has ever played a CTF in an old game, like that old game, i think toy soldiers or even halo 1,2 or 3 the flag stays in one spot and never moves, you have to be very strategical in defending and attacking, that is what i think, many people wont like it but there you go.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject:

it is still quite unclear, how we should program that, but i moved it to suggestions, cause it is quite a big suggestion.

maybe you create an idea, that would work in spacetrace
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject:

haha sorry, but just pretty much, have the flag stay in one spot and you have to defend it and try to capture it.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » CtF: Automatic War
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: