Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
make CTF an option at alliance creation
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » make CTF an option at alliance creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should it be an option to take part at the CTF Game?
Yes, optional
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
No, everyone has to take part
71%
 71%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 21

Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
Sparks wrote:
I hate having to defend the flag because I'd much rather just be hunting just like the rest of ...
why?

maybe we should make the fights for the flag more challenging, with more tactical skills involved? the chance to win or loose more points in that battle

The main problem is that as FC u have to sit there defending the flag. And when other alliances are gunning for your flag, so u have several flyby on ur hyperdrop everyday. U end up holed at your base unable to fight. It makes it even more irritating and frustrating if the attackers dont even attack just do fly byes.

I can also seen DL/Breons objections and the reason they want a CTF option. As a newbie alliance they just want to concentrate on battling to build up their skills in this area. If their time is taken by nursing the alliance from raids by flag grabbers who cant get as big points as CGC were getting but want to disrupt CGC's rapid learning curve and point hunting. They'll have to spend half the time (or more) frustrated worring about flag grabs and flybys than being able to play the main part of the game ie battling.

And I know that the risk u have when u create an alliance is the CTF game. Thats been mentioned several times. However I think what they are saying with this 'CTF optional' proposal is "why cant we be in a group/alliance of ST players who just want to battle but dont want to take part in any CTF wars." Maybe it can be optional at the start of each ERA for that alliance.??

I mean i know CTF has been around a long time but it wasnt an original part of the game but became as a extension in game development (which I and most everyone thinks as a great dimension).

I am not on the fence about this and have made my opinion clear earlier but I can see it from both sides of the issue.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject:

i think we will serve everyone with this proposal:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81376#81376

Quote:
"why cant we be in a group/alliance of ST players who just want to battle but dont want to take part in any CTF wars."
you can, just not in an alliance:
you can be single players and use the same attack-code without being in an alliance
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » make CTF an option at alliance creation
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: