Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
dropping alliance members to safe the flag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » dropping alliance members to safe the flag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject:

actually, admin, the thing was every time NS was going for the cgc's flag, they dropped their count to 2 members, making it impossible...the excuses were changing all the time...because we were vets, then that we had more members, then that.....well, don't want to relive all that, if you have the patiente, check it in the forum!
al and colin, regarding tactics, well...i whould say, he who has a glass roof shouldn't throw stones to sky!
btw, i can say that wfs is building a nuklear bomb and that doesn't mean it's the truth...get it?
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I'd say that the reasons for employing this tactic are interesting to discuss, but will probably never end

So therefore I'll just say that I like the CTF part of the game, and all loopholes (like dropping members) should be found and removed.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Ok, memory does strange things. I can't see anywhere this plan axepted, but it was purposed. You weren't building the nuclear bomb, but you had the bleuprints ready to build it if nessecary

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject:

true, but only the bomb kills, not the blueprint

i'm happy to see that to these bugs something will be done, and now we all can look again for fun in battles full of tension ingame.
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
i think the easiest and only possible solution (in programming in spacetrace) is that if someone evoes out and the members slip below 3 then the flagholder will automatically get his points from the alliance (the same as if they claimed the points now) the member that evoes out will also loose his part to the flagholder

see:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6558
----------

And that's exactly what i meant:
DragonLilly wrote:
Jack09 wrote:
I know but listen to ADMIN, you have been CHEATING, you stole Duragos chance to take your flag, i know cause i was helping him find out about it, and he goes and before we get boom its gone.

Jack, I do believe admin was trying to implement new rules for CTF... as in if an alliance drops below 3 members once their flag is captured due to evo'ing by dominion then they automatically would receive their flag back without a loss of points or no battle needed... if an alliance would drop below 3 for any other reason such as resetting accounts or banning that this would be cheating... he didn't say that dropping to 2 BEFORE the flag was captured that this was considered cheating... please read the posts fully and quite skimming them...

admin you have fallen into the disinformation act, they ban players BEFORE the flag is captured, then unban after the battle. they did it the other day to me.

once an alliance has enough members to own a flag, 3 members should be bound and locked into the alliance to avoid any further issues like this
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject:

i think a better way would be like this...if you drop under 3 members then it takes some time (12-24hrs) for your flag to disapper, so some time after you drop to 2 members your flag can still be taken.
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject:

that would work, but make it the standard 36h as if the flag were being moved. that would prevent any alliance from using the loophole as a guard the flag tactic.

and it would make it so if you have a flag you must guard it or simply stay at 2 members to not play the game and join in on any reindeer fun.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject:

If you have 5 members, and 3 of them have lets say 50k, then even though if it takes 36 hours for the flag to dissapear, the 3 members with most points can leave without the chanse of loosing points if the flag is cashed.

Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:

you didnt understand either the problem or the sulotion.

this is not about ditching members to save points AFTER the flag is stolen. it is about dropping or banning members to GUARD the flag BEFORE it is stolen.

and speaking of dropping members after it is stolen. that is why there should be some kind of alliance lock.

36h lag time to move the flag

36h lag time to move a flag from a banned member, meaning the flagholder will take 36h to ban.

Alliance member in both alliances' are locked to their alliance as soon as the flag is stolen.

lock can only be removed by the recapture of the stolen flag or by a member recieving a dominion evo. no player can quit, be banned, or self evo out of a locked alliance.to prevent players from fleeing. like rats from a sinking ship. or evoing out to hide the flag after it is stolen

leave all othe flag rules alone. do not change the time settings for the points. that is all fair as long as these minor fixes are done.

these seem to be the problems with the flag rules, and these minor changes would improve the fairness to the CTF.

i think this is the simplest solution to fix all the current problems at one time. without changing the integrity of the game or having to create a whole new set of rules and tons of programming.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Durago, I know what I am talking about You don't understand what I mean. Lets say my alliance sky rockets next era. I get 4 members, 3 of them reach 50k points. But 4 of them are still being trained, skill is low. I somehow find out an alliance wants to steal our flag, 150k at 20% is 30k gain. So what do I do to save those members points? I ban them, because if they leave before our flag is stolen the enemy alliance won't make any points at all.

Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject:

well if the rules were fixed a bit it would prevent you from doing that very easily.

no matter what there is always going to be someone that tries to cheat.

if you feel that you would or could resort to that as a tactic, then think up a way to prevent yourself from being able to do it.

maybe, if you ban a member, they can never be unbanned. banning a member is supposed to be for using on non-active players, or spies. so strengthen the rule, make it solid, then the rest of it would work better.
banned to the point that they can not use an account with the same email that was linked to their banned account and/or ip addy, and yes you can get around that to if you are a true cheat, but it is a logical fix. and if a player is found to be in violation of rejoining an alliance they were banned from, by using a different email or masking their ip, ban them from the game and penalize their alliance severely. and if an alliance bans members at any point to "hide their points or flag" they should be penalized, say, the entire points of the banned player(s) goes to the alliance that was stealing the flag.

what if there comes a day where there are 1000 active players, and 1/2 the alliances ban and unban whenever they want, what a messed up game not fixing this abuse now would make.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject:

first about the CHEATING, i expanded the rules:
http://wiki.spacetrace.org/index.php/Ctf

getting the flag back without pointloss AFTER it is stolen is CHEATING and this is not allowed.

second: about this topic which is about banning or evoing out, BEFORE the flag is stolen, there are more posssible solutions:
- a solution would be, that if you drop below 3 you have a lag time in that time the flag can still be stolen, although you are only 1 or 2 members left. (but what if there are 0 members left?)
- the other solution would be, that the flag is positioned at a ship, that is stationed at the flagholders planet, and if everyone leaves the alliance, the flag is still there on that ship, (whithout alliance) for a certain time... hmmm...we have to think about that
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject:

if there are 0 members the alliance should be considered dead and should not be able to be restarted
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject:

there is a discussion about which alliances will join a pact not to drop below 3 to prevent the flag or not:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6562

it seems like some alliances rally don want to play the CtF game, that`s why they use this tactic. they don`t try to get others flags either, so they just use this glinch to avoid playing the DTF game

so maybe this suggestion was quite good: make it an option when you create your alliance, to take part in the CTF Game or not.
i will create a poll:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81269#81269
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:

so is this all fixed?
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » dropping alliance members to safe the flag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Page 4 of 4

Jump to: