Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
dropping alliance members to safe the flag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » dropping alliance members to safe the flag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject:

Orange Shavings wrote:
Couldn't you just have no-one evo-ing out or leaving an alliance if the alliance is holding another alliance's flag, unless it's by dominion or inactivity? You could also have no-one entering... And the flag change stays the same, with timers making the flag kept for at least 36 hours or whatever it is. Capture-the-flag is a good idea, it just needs to be made to work.
that would not be possible, cause the evo must stay at about 90 days, otherwise that player would have more time than the others to get into the highscore
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject:

Marth Diro wrote:
keep in mind the problem was the dropping of members to 2 BEFORE the flag is owned by another alliance (to safe the flag)!

T2 wrote:
Dropping to less than 3 players or dropping membership by 50 % ( or whatever number is fair) automatically means flag goes back to the original owners.
hmmm
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
@ T2 - well the way the current % is setup isn't exactly 2% per day but it does average out to that... it takes 5 days just to hit the 5% mark of the maximum 20%... the last 5 days the % value starts to skyrocket...

I do like the fact that the values are setup this way because the longer you hold it the more rewarding it is in theory...
i moved the rest to a new topic:
CtF: Automatic War
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6553
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject:

you're welcome Jack09, but please stay short in your comments and please
Quote:
don't Quote everything!
for me it is much work to read these long topics with all the comments.
i have only time every few days and i cannot read everything in this forum.

if a topic is too long and off-topic discussions in it, it lessens the chance, that i will read it
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject:

so admin, with all due respect, what is the final say on the CTF fix of the dropping to 2 alliance members issue?

the only reason it was used in the first place was because NS had plans to constantly reset 2 members once our flag was captured to keep it hidden from us... and the maximum 10 day hold is too short for this...
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
so admin, with all due respect, what is the final say on the CTF fix of the dropping to 2 alliance members issue?

the only reason it was used in the first place was because NS had plans to constantly reset 2 members once our flag was captured to keep it hidden from us... and the maximum 10 day hold is too short for this...

Hmm like the ADMIN said, go to the other forum and talk about this there, i know your trying to talk to the admin but i think he moved this for a reason
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject:

Jack09 wrote:
DragonLilly wrote:

Hmm like the ADMIN said, go to the other forum and talk about this there, i know your trying to talk to the admin but i think he moved this for a reason

that was in regards to the automatic war feature recommendation for CTF... a whole new topic to be discussed... I was continuing to discuss the original issue here...
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject:

as i understood, there is a bug:
Code:
if you drop below 3 members cause some member's evo is over,
then you win back your flag without a fight and without point loss

is that correct?

this would be CHEATING, if you win back your flag by evoing out a member

the only way to get back your flag is by winning it back, that's the game! please don't Cheat.

please tell everyone!

it will be fixed if we have time.

so this discussion is only about what we should do if someone is dropping to 2 members BEFORE the flag is captured
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject:

actually admin, the problem that the others seem to be having is that my alliance used a tactic where we dropped to 2 members by via banning them before a battle on our FC so we wouldn't risk loosing our flag... this is what all the complaining is about...

we only did this because NS decided to recreate 2 members accounts constantly when they were to capture our flag to hide it from us... the 10 day maximum time needed to hold a flag for the full 20% is too short for this...

please let me know if you need further explanation...
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject:

I know but listen to ADMIN, you have been CHEATING, you stole Duragos chance to take your flag, i know cause i was helping him find out about it, and he goes and before we get boom its gone.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject:

Jack09 wrote:
I know but listen to ADMIN, you have been CHEATING, you stole Duragos chance to take your flag, i know cause i was helping him find out about it, and he goes and before we get boom its gone.

Jack, I do believe admin was trying to implement new rules for CTF... as in if an alliance drops below 3 members once their flag is captured due to evo'ing by dominion then they automatically would receive their flag back without a loss of points or no battle needed... if an alliance would drop below 3 for any other reason such as resetting accounts or banning that this would be cheating... he didn't say that dropping to 2 BEFORE the flag was captured that this was considered cheating... please read the posts fully and quite skimming them...
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject:

yes admin this topic is only about what we should do if someone is dropping to 2 members BEFORE the flag is captured. more correctly as soon as the flag is being captured.

how about this to fix it.

-----------

when 3 members join an alliance they become locked in to it.

3 members must each hold 1 of the 3 titles, Moc, CoW or FC. no player can hold more than 1 title. the alliance leader could change the titles in the alliance menu, but if there are only 3 members at least 2 would have to be changed at the same time so that it would work.

if there are more than 3 members the titles may be moved to another player after a 36h wait. so that inactive players may be removed from an alliance.

the 3 title holders are locked to the alliance until a dominion evo or a proper move of title.

if the 3rd player goes inactive, that player is still locked into the alliance until a dominion removal.

once a proper evo happens to the 3rd player and only 2 are left, all the current 2 member alliance flag rules go into effect.

this way if you don't want to guard a flag, do not go above 2 members.

Last edited by Durago on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject:

Good idea, and no matter what you should have a flag and you shouldnt be able to drop members and get your flag back, but if your still able to move around thats good i guess.
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject:

admin wrote:
so this discussion is only about what we should do if someone is dropping to 2 members BEFORE the flag is captured

yes ADMIN, that's the aim of this topic, btw thanks for the effort.
 Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly justified her dropping to 2 members:
the only reason it was used in the first place was because NS had plans to constantly reset 2 members once our flag was captured to keep it hidden from us...

I HAVE TO SAY:
HOW COULD YOU KNOW WHAT PLANS NS HAD???
YOU WERE NEVER IN NS AND ANY OF US TOLD YOU THAT WE HAD THIS KIND OF PLAN. MUST BE PURE SPECULATION YOU BELIEVE IN.
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Darth Miro, it is 100% sure NS had those plans. They are not speculations, and how it got found out is up to NS to figure out, although I doubt you will.

So as I said before, if the dropping of members to 2 is fixed something must also be done that an alliance, once stolen a flag, keeps evo'ing 1 or two members to keep the flag safe. Because it is impossible to unless with luck to find coords and capture a flag in 36 hours or less.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject:

i think the easiest and only possible solution (in programming in spacetrace) is that if someone evoes out and the members slip below 3 then the flagholder will automatically get his points from the alliance (the same as if they claimed the points now) the member that evoes out will also loose his part to the flagholder

see:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6558
----------

And that's exactly what i meant:
DragonLilly wrote:
Jack09 wrote:

Jack, I do believe admin was trying to implement new rules for CTF... as in if an alliance drops below 3 members once their flag is captured due to evo'ing by dominion then they automatically would receive their flag back without a loss of points or no battle needed... if an alliance would drop below 3 for any other reason such as resetting accounts or banning that this would be cheating... he didn't say that dropping to 2 BEFORE the flag was captured that this was considered cheating... please read the posts fully and quite skimming them...
 Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:

al12, no surprise that you was the one who spread fear in CGC that NS had plans to evo out constantly 2 players after getting the CGC flag.
about 2 or 3 eras ago i've heard for the first time about this tactic from a WFS member (it was you or amarok).

to be honest, it was discussed in NS, but there was no decision. since CGC dropped to 2, ther was no chance to come up with whatever tactic!
al12, please stop to implicate that this is a usual NS tactic, NS HAS NO INTEREST IN THE 2-MEMBER-EVOOUT-TACTIC!!!

how would you know better than we what our plans were? would not be enough to hack our forum or pm's. you should be able to hack into our brains to be 100% sure about our plans.
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I ddin't hack anything, I don't know how to and I would never. As lilly once during the war stated on the forum something about a breach or leek, I didn't create it. I am not implying that this is an NS tactic that is commenly used( As far as I know NS hasn't ever used this tactic before). But what I read is that you were planning to use this tactic, and as it is now known to the whole universe how to use this tactic something should be done to prevent this.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I unfortunately have to back up al12 on this. It is my impression also.

On the other hand, I wouldn't venture to accuse you of having made any concrete decision, the possibility of having ones flag popping around at new and prevviously unprobed players all the time is enough to make one pale
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » bug reports to be fixed » dropping alliance members to safe the flag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: