Register
I think

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » I think
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: I think

you know i can see why so many ppl dont like spacetrace an why all the older ppl like it. there whats wrong with the picture here. theres only a few "respectable" vets ive ever met. like lowvoice! : D an the only reason there called that is cause they gave themselves that title an bullyed everyone who didnt belive them into beliveing it. maby not being jerks to every new person could help? just a thought
im just sayn we should jus try to be more friendly thats all
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject:

I think that way too. I've been around for over 2 years, getting close to 2 and a half and I won't bash any newbies to get myself named a vet. Anyway, a lot of vets are getting board( at least for TO) so maybe it is a better idea to just challenge a vet and if you beat him call yourself a vet

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: caution long post

well back when i was a newbie about four years ago all the vets at that time congregated in the IRC chatroom there was Gorth, Deathkiller, Dutchbatter, WilliamWallace (now called robertroy), kamekaze6, Lady Turiana, Base, Shade, Jam. Metody_I_The_Evil and many others which i cant bring to mind at this particular moment but anyway despite the huge group always talking amongst themselves whenever a newbie happen to wonder into the dark pit of irc they would all make them feel welcome and be more than happy to answer any questions they ask or just chill with them. I try to keep these traditions going not in irc cos thats dead as a doo doo but in the forum or wherever or ingame when im playing or just wherever i see them and i know when Gorth comes into play every so often he also tries to keep it up I understand he was helping MJ out when he was last playing. Most of these vets are gone now as for RobertRoy and Shade I cannot speak for. As for TO I, T2 and a few others try to put up a good fight against them but usually they just tear right through us and apart from us and them there arent many other players to fight apart from noobs.
I myself never fight noobs unless they attack me first even then I tell them the error of their ways. (First by attacking me, second not using a DSP, third having a crap fleet structure)
im not sure who else constitutes as a vet these days for you lot
as for the allogation of "bullying everyone who didnt believe them" most of the vets ive ever met have not used vet as term to describe themself but merely let others refer to them as it if they want too. Some vets who have been and passed have been rather arrogant however and have bashed people into submission but mostly just other vets which doubt them
anywhoo thats my piece done feel free to disagree with me if you so wish
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Please don't disgrace our rank by calling MJX a vet!

I've done my share of trying to help new players... I created the first training alliance lxg which trained half of the now called TO players...

I later created another training alliance, PFIU.. which led to creation of a new bread of vets.

This game always used to be full of vets in different alliances making a name for themselves until the creation of TO. different people including my self have written much about this. you should search through the forums if you are interested.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:

sadly being called a vet doesn't mean half of what it used to mean a few years ago. now we're lucky to have 5 vets active at a time. at least we have the rare TO visits that bring many old timers back to the game for an era or so until things cool off again.
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject:

5 vets are active atm? did i understand your post right? i bet there are more, but most of them have unknown nicks atm
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Scripio i wouldnt be bad mouthing the vets if i was at their base everyday gang banging them with all your little friends. You want vets to show you some respect? Then why dont you show them some and shut you big fat gob badmouthing them and stop gang banging them and learn how to play the game properly without cheating before you start a war on them and dont start crying in the forum like a baby when they retaliate by emptying your base out or calling you a noob cos its what you deserve and if you think Renees being bad to you then its a good thing you never met deathkiller cos he would wipe the floor with you 1

and mighty since when have you been a vet
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject:

since 2002 little voice!
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=816&highlight=god

Don't you remember a year ago when you were begging me to let you in PFIU so you could learn the game from me? about the same time you went and rat on us to TO?

mjx1 wrote:
when i tried too cause a uprising u said no and ran off like a coward and then Mighty came out of no-where and is causeing a uprising right now so...

People only follow vets mjx!

no hard feelings little man! I haven't played for a few months so you might have changed but last I remember you were just not vet material...

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009

Last edited by Mighty on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 am; edited 5 times in total
 Back to top »
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject:

mjx1 wrote:
Scripio i wouldnt be bad mouthing the vets if i was at their base everyday gang banging them with all your little friends. You want vets to show you some respect? Then why dont you show them some and shut you big fat gob badmouthing them and stop gang banging them and learn how to play the game properly without cheating before you start a war on them and dont start crying in the forum like a baby when they retaliate by emptying your base out or calling you a noob cos its what you deserve and if you think Renees being bad to you then its a good thing you never met deathkiller cos he would wipe the floor with you

and mighty since when have you been a vet

ive never gangbanged someones base before. ive never even fought a 2 on 1 battle before. the only time i ever fight anyone my alliance is at war with is one on one or if they attack my base. so far the only time ive battled anyone in that other alliance is when they attacked me so you should check your info
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
since 2002 little voice!
Don't you remember a year ago when you were begging me to let you in PFIU so you could learn the game from me? about the same time you went and rat on us to TO?

mjx1 wrote:
when i tried too cause a uprising u said no and ran off like a coward and then Mighty came out of no-where and is causeing a uprising right now so...

People only follow vets mjx! 0

no hard feelings little man! I haven't played for a few months so you might have changed but last I remember you were just not vet material...
i was only teasing you Mighty and i have never claimed to be a vet. I was offered into the PFIU alliance and i was skeptical at first but Evans wanted to go into it and since he was in my alliance we decided to sign up after TO repeatedly attacked my alliance i did become a member of PFIU and have been part of most of your uprising sinces however as of late you seem too have gone from attackin shade for fun to having a strange fixation on him
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » I think

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: