Register
Games of the XXIX Olympiad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » Games of the XXIX Olympiad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Games of the XXIX Olympiad

I name this topic in honour of the Beijing Olympics of 2000 of 8 and all thou post below me must talk about these games and how sucky they were and how much better the 2012 Olympics in glorious London will be.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject:

What did you think of the opening ceremony?

Personally? I thought it was terrible. Precisely NOT what an opening ceremony should be. For instance. All the Chinese did was talk about what THEIR contry had done of the years and try and make it so awsome blinding that people would think they were the most wonderful country in the world.

The opening ceremony should be about the olympics and the spirit of the world with just a tiny bit devoted to the country in which it is performed. But no.. instead we have 56 Chinese ethnic minorities, Gigantic buildings used to stage 4 billion people, 2008 Chinese drummers with Chinese colours, and the athletes coming out in Chinese alphabetical order! What ever happened to multiculteralism at the Olympics?
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject:

i was suprised i thought they were going to open the ceromony by setting fire to a bunch of tibeten children and have them run into the stadium, but nice to see george bush is still under the illusion that his opinion counts. In his speech he mention that now he has successfully annoyed every country in the world he plans to start a war against time itself and somehow hope that will mean he can be president again, this was just before they ran him over in a tank for expressing an opinion and banned any mention of it.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz

Last edited by mjx1 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject:

George Bush did have an impact on the opening ceremony. He watches the Olympic ceremony yet all he can talk about is how Russia is bombing some unknown country.

@lowvoice, please use commas and full stops once in a while :S. I was almost out of breath by the time I'd finished reading your post .
 Back to top »
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject:

the olympics arent really that interesting. the soccer isnt even as good.
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:

just before the american team flew out to china george bush had a speach with them in this he asked the team if they thought it would be harder to run whilst being upside down. Later on the George Bush and the chinese government was having a discussion in which one of the chinese government told Bush anyone talking bad of the government is severly dealt with to which George bush replied ?howd you do that cos theres this one guy michael moore who really gets on my nerves?
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject:

whos micheal moore???
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Scipio Africanus wrote:
whos micheal moore???
he directed the film Farenheit 9/11 in which he makes rediculous claims that George Bush has meetings with terroro#ists and helped them plan 9/11 and actually funds terrorist. The best way to describe him is if you think of Mighty making outrageous accusations about shade then just change it to George Bush
 Back to top »
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I thought the ceremony showed the obvious nature of the chinese militant "personatlity" (complete with "rave troopers" lmao), covered up the tibetan affair quite nicely and even works for thier hereditary enemy to thier north in an even smaller location on the Black Sea by creating a mass distraction and a "terrorrist threat" (aka the retreating and surrendered Georgian defenses) see the start of a bombing campaign. Better luck covering up what is the worst air pollution yet known (makes LA 1975 smell like a hawaian rose garden).

If you ever wonder why we see no chinise players in ST consider what would happen if one got caught esp. reading this

Munich 1936 + 72 years + Chinese Military (ala. C&C Generals Zero Hour) = Beijing 2008

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject:

Well, anyhow, Team GB are doing well. 2 golds and 1 bronze, which is far better than many other European countries (take a hint Dutch!).
 Back to top »
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: LMAO :D

All buried under headlines regarding Georgia (not the SE US btw )
Olympic child singing star revealed as fake .....BEIJING (AFP) - The little girl who starred at the Olympic opening ceremony was miming and only put on stage because the real singer was not considered attractive enough, the show's musical director has revealed. ....Chen said the girl whose voice was actually heard by the 91,000 capacity crowd at the Olympic stadium during the spectacular ceremony was in fact seven-year-old Yang Peiyi, who has a chubby face and uneven teeth.

"The reason why little Yang was not chosen to appear was because we wanted to project the right image, we were thinking about what was best for the nation," Chen said in an interview that appeared briefly on the news website Sina.com before it was apparently wiped from the Internet in China....."

...and so on....* wonders if that musical director has also been "wiped".

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject:

so the image the chinese are trying to portrey is that beautiful people can do anything and ugly people have to be hidden away. Lovely hows about this for a fair trade policy we can have all the cheap crap u make and we'll give u paris hilton. In other news britain scored silver in the Olympics canoeing how did we not win we have someone who canoed for 5 years straight and then lost his memory (british joke) i hope we do better at the tibetan tossing contest
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Hahaha!!! British Joke!!! Heheh!!! It's funny because it's true!! Yeah.. British joke.. I get it... hehe.. england.. yeah.....

But yes, we've won a silver today and two bronze medals..and Robertson and Emms have got through in the Badminton.

I like Gail Emms.

http://www.ocvision.co.uk/cms/img/500/31665.jpg

Although she can be a bit loud sometimes don't you think lowvoice?
 Back to top »
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject:

Micheal Phelps keeps winning for us in swimming. but i havnt really been keepin track of medals an such. an think they should have american football as a sport at the olympics
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject:

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Micheal Phelps keeps winning for us in swimming. but i havnt really been keepin track of medals an such. an think they should have american football as a sport at the olympics

THEIR TELEVISED SPORTS COVERAGE WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE LIKES OF THE US NFL r

An NFL sportcaster can dictate a quaterbacks entire biography in less time that it takes for a short 10 yard pass

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject:

ya.lol but that would be an amazing team wouldnt you say. i mean who would the quarterback be?
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject:

On a different note: that use of that girls voice reeks of cheap consumer grade chinese style along with denial of individuality a bad mistake would it not have made a better story to spend the $ and time to make that girl presentable? just a thought

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject:

thats not someting a comunist country does. its something like we do. ever heard of the tv series swans???
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject:

RenéeAB, did you actually expect to see any Chinese individuality in the games?
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject:

Well I think the Chinese were being quite reasonable when they didn't show the ugly singer. I mean, that would be like voting for McCain.

The Chinese could've done one of two things:

1. Find themselves a better-looking but young singer for which the crowd would go ''awwwwwww...''.

2. Find themselves a good-looking young person who doesn't need to sing but for which the crowd will go ''awwwww...''

Considering there musn't be a terribly large amount of good-looking young singers out there, what they did was quite reasonable. I think the whole idea of making her sing at the Olympics just because she happens to be short is stupid, though.

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » Games of the XXIX Olympiad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: