Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Remake on evasor and retreat fighter
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Remake on evasor and retreat fighter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see these changes inputted
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

Death_killer
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Remake on evasor and retreat fighter

Firstly i would like to request that the evasor and retreat fighter changes be made after the TO vs anti-TO alliance war is over so i dont get complaints that this is a change to our advantage. Please judge on the benefit of the game not to your own advantage please

But there are way too many people that are using this combo along with a defensive array and lose no points because the DA gets it all back for them.

In my opinion if you would like an impenetrable base (aka using retreats and evasors) you need to be willing to pay the points and mp to do so. Of course this leaves you with a safe shipyard and research centre

My proposal -

Evasors 60 mp - 180 mp
Retreat Fighters 55 mp - 150 mp

This way we may see veterens be more willing to defend their base properly and not use a lame way and run away from any good fleet and defend it like this
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject:

C'mon... I've fought WFS before and even if they use that as a defence, it doesn't matter... It's quite simple to break through it. All it takes is indirect fire, and there's tons of ships capable of that. You can say it's a lame way to defend, but it's an easy way to score points if you're attacking, isn't it?
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject:

they are pretty balance as is when you look at e-rays strategies as a whole...

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
imperial wizzard
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject:

my opinion is leave the MP as it is.

greetz
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject:

play to win or play not to lose , I hate it in soccer and I hate it in here also .

Back to top »
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject:

Zenachi, it is possible to get through. The point being is that this in an unbalanced situation. It just needs to get more balanced.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure where I stand on this. It's a proven effective base defender for a very little MP.
Can the other races build an equally challenging defense for the same mp spent ?
I could not break through Shade's defense with my current tech lineup so I had to sail away after losing a few hundred to his def array.

Nope ...I'm not sure
 Back to top »
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject:

zenachi wrote:
C'mon... I've fought WFS before and even if they use that as a defence, it doesn't matter... It's quite simple to break through it. All it takes is indirect fire, and there's tons of ships capable of that. You can say it's a lame way to defend, but it's an easy way to score points if you're attacking, isn't it?

aka - apollos, sab fighters, nano bombers, mine layers, cyclopses, spectres, interceptors, raptors.
And dont forget emp, plague ships (and their nano viruses), and others

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
Death_killer
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject:

RenéeAB wrote:
zenachi wrote:

aka - apollos, sab fighters, nano bombers, mine layers, cyclopses, spectres, interceptors, raptors.
And dont forget emp, plague ships (and their nano viruses), and others

Remember usually these people are using multiple retreat fighters/ evasors and a few bases couple those with a few blockade runners for defence.

Out of your list - sab fighers nano-bombers, mine layers, spectre, interceptors and raptors are completely useless.

Cyclops and appollo are the only viable way to get it down but then they have blockade runners left. Its a simple trade im just making the evasor defence alot less of a defence that will be used. I've had enemies running our of their base since they know i cannot penetrate and just run with fleets. Taking this option of defence or at least making it costly will give some down side to it and it will promote vets to stay home and actually amount a nice defence to the base and we can see some good battles.
 Back to top »
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject:

Actually is a matter of luck and the fact that base defense will be rather low in c1 and c2 count and perhaps a few indirect hits may take out / or emp redundant retreats / evasors.

BTW-easiest way (esp. for all your basic ships fleets) is to hit with a noobish blocked cruiser fleet (just enough to take out all the c3) then with a huge blocked cruiser (even more noobishly, unblocked may work out) spam and the retreats / evasors (in there to keep you OFF THE BASE--remember???) can do as they please for all the good it does

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Maybe some thought to an "Invader" type ship or some other that causes 10 c1/c2 ships in enemy base to displace themselves 1 sector out from base.

There is an "Invader" ship that recalls your fleets from distant vectors so why not something that can displace ships a short distance out ?

I'm just musing about possible solutions via some sort of counter-action ship
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Remake on evasor and retreat fighter
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: