Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Extremely Disturbing Development !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » Extremely Disturbing Development !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Extremely Disturbing Development !

The PIFU have, on 2 occassions been subject to malicious attempts to disrupt attack codes.
On 2 different occassions, our Leader(s) have experienced change in thier attack code settings while they are off line. Of course this changes the base planet defence codes in all alliance members.

1 incident might be put down to human error however 2 identical errors by 2 different leaders are not impossible but extremely unlikely.

I can hypothize how this can happen but can prove nothing.

If it happens again...even by accident, I will get out the loudspeaker and announce that this game is rigged ! Not only to the current players but in all the reviews as well !

Nothing more to say at this point in time but somebody reading this knows exactly how it happened !
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

lol u couldnt possible be loosing this war because of skill or experience or tactics or planning no the games obvliously been "rigged" so you lose im sure the admin and everyone else on this game for that matter have better things to do than to rig this war especially as you have little chance of winning it anyway
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Lowvoice...smart'en the f.uck up !
To me...this is not about winning or losing.. I don't really care ! The war is fun.
It's about the integrity of the game itself in my opinion, and, to anyone who enjoys this game it really should matter !

It is not a propaganda ploy or tactic. Of this make no mistake !

Is is something that has occurred and the fact it has occurred 2 times "accidentially" is slightly less than the possibility of having 2 mountains with the same profile.

Someone is desperate enough to not only jepordise the round but actually jepordise the credibility of the game itself.

If it was a bug, it was in the firmware that resides between the keyboard and the chair but it was not in the PIFU membership this bug happened !

Last edited by T2 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Actually we are winning the war,

but it seems like we are getting hacked somehow or another...

The alliance attack code was changed to a diffrent attack code somehow last night and i was not aware of it till my member notified me of 4 friendly attack on his base that could have costed him the Flag...

i have changed my password for the 3rd time from last week...

It seems very weird for our alliance attack code to change to sfsk in last minute.....

Regards,
Mighty

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Bloodmagic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

mjx1 wrote:
lol u couldnt possible be loosing this war because of skill or experience or tactics or planning no the games obvliously been "rigged" so you lose im sure the admin and everyone else on this game for that matter have better things to do than to rig this war especially as you have little chance of winning it anyway

once again your desire to be humourous makes you look retarded

please
just be quiet now....
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I havent heard from shade yet, does that mean he admits? probably not, but i think theres a cheater in TO.

kinda of topic, but this is extremely disturbing too:

http://www.dumbvideos.com/doyoulikechocolate.html

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!

Last edited by Knight of Truth on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I could not, and would not point fingers at anyone as it does not matter who is responsible.

The act itself is something that is important and who actually did it of slightly less importance.

I don't care who did it... If it happens again...I'm out of here.

But not without leaving a stain in the game itself !
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
Actually we are winning the war,

but it seems like we are getting hacked somehow or another...

The alliance attack code was changed to a diffrent attack code somehow last night and i was not aware of it till my member notified me of 4 friendly attack on his base that could have costed him the Flag...

i have changed my password for the 3rd time from last week...

It seems very weird for our alliance attack code to change to sfsk in last minute.....

Regards,
Mighty

I am loving this....who else could do so much propaganda?

Once and again...Neither of you were on the field of battle.

Also your own players admit it on IRC.

After all the battles of TO vs PFUI some fleets left at the FC's base.
So they were alone.

First of all, just a base and 2 fleets fought between your self....its is your own mistake as an alliance, (or maybe allianceS) just IF the attack code was changed it wouldnt matter either because if its true that all your members have the same attack code they wouldnt fight between themself

Also the only problem that could be made is that the fleets fights against the base....but just 1 or 2 did, and even so if the attack code was changed they wouldnt battle the base cuz there is something called timeconfrontation, and the 24 hours are runing when you arrive at your destiny, it dosnt matter if you are defending it or not.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Rubens...there was no mistake ...believe me. I realize this may be hard to swallow but none the less...I know enough about what goes on within our alliance and what happened.
There was not an alliance mistake made here.
Also...since our loss of the TLC flag, we tend to be very careful about such things. As a matter of fact, we had a discussion about attack code manipulation and it's effects just before both incidents happen.

I shall highlight a quote I made earlier just to convince you and anyone else this is not some clever attempt at deception, propaganda or justification of our score.
It really is a serious issue that I hope never happens again.
My continuation of this game depends on it and I do not make or take the charges lightly.
Do not get a game bulls*it post confused with this post.

I know it is difficult to believe such a thing can happen and the normal thing is to put it down as a mistake. There is also an old expression and that is "Fool me once ...shame on you. Fool me twice and shame on me !"

The best thing is for everyone to forget the incident happened but if It happens again...I'll certainly let everyone know about it.

[/quote] To me...this is not about winning or losing.. I don't really care ! The war is fun.
It's about the integrity of the game itself in my opinion, and, to anyone who enjoys this game it really should matter !

It is not a propaganda ploy or tactic. Of this make no mistake !
Quote:

Also Rubens...the "error" was caught in time before too many battles took place. Thank goodness for BP. That saved our asses.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Wrong...the battle happened AFTER butcher's and my attack...Your own player admit it at the forum! and i already tell you that is imposiblle to blame other people that is not on your alliance! i mean, is obvious!
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

then why dont you explain why we attacked a base of our own, while we diddnt attack it 24h before, and didnt change a code. come on, explain.

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
The Butcher
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I dont understand what you are trying to say.

Are you saying that someone logged into Mighty's account and changed the alliance's attack code?

If so, how is the game "rigged"? I am guessing that someone figured out his password. That is not the same as being "rigged". Being rigged means that the game is a cheat to the core, not that a single rogue player is a cheat.

Mighty seemed to have some "magical" knowledge about TO, and some of our fleet movements and plans. He could have hacked into one of our accounts, or he could have figured out one of our passwords, or he could have planted a spy.

I will certainly declare that hacking into someone else's account or finding out passwords is dirty business, and amounts to nothing less than cheating. But how are you so sure that there is foul play involved?
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Knight of Truth wrote:
then why dont you explain why we attacked a base of our own, while we diddnt attack it 24h before, and didnt change a code. come on, explain.

Because some players hasnt the attack code resquested by Mighty Dah!...
 Back to top »
Bloodmagic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

amazing
how cheating can ruin any game

personally, i think spys are foul, to use a spy really isnt necessary

just play it fair...
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Bloodmagic wrote:
amazing
how cheating can ruin any game

personally, i think spys are foul, to use a spy really isnt necessary

just play it fair...

A spy cant change the attack code...Just the leader...:S:S...

Plz everyone...if you are gonna say something, get some good arguments
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

why would they suddenly change their codes? perhaps.... casue TO mindcontrolled them!!!! ok, not that, but still, someone hacked mightys acount, ask him.

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
berttone
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Those of you outside of PFIU are drawing incorrect conclusions. OK, once I would almost agree that some of us made some mistakes, but not twice to two different alliance leaders. As has been stated the war and flag grabbing and all the strategising that goes in to it makes this game extremely fun and interesting. Whatever it was that happened rigging or just cheating or whatever, it really ruins the game for all of us, no matter who "wins" the war, it's a scar on the "game". For the sake of the game and the enjoyment we all must get out of it (because we all keep coming back) I just hope it doesn't happen anymore. If you can't take the heat and feel you need to cheat...........try checkers.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Knight of Truth wrote:
why would they suddenly change their codes? perhaps.... casue TO mindcontrolled them!!!! ok, not that, but still, someone hacked mightys acount, ask him.

LOL this is amazing...t2 is saying he is not apponting any of us...but suddenly comes 3 players of PFUI thinking that TO is cheating...i mean come on, if we were cheating we would already get the flag back....
I wont post here anymore, i can discuss with idiots
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I only say this .

If we where cheating we would have taken our flag back earlier
some options to give you , never trust Mighty he may be the 1 that is doing this , he is so eager to let -TO- look bad , that he even could try this thing and blame it on -TO-

Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

one last comment i think this topic should be moved

it should have been origonally created in bug report

however i think it should exist in impossible inventions
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » Extremely Disturbing Development !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: