Register
At least read it
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » At least read it
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lord loss
Midshipman

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: At least read it

I’ve started my own new alliance afrter getting some tips from a friends alliance. I’m searching for anyone out there is up for making team attacks, people who want to plan coordinated attacks, and people who want a chance to influence what could be a great alliance. Interested?…..
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject:

sounds good. hope you will have success. wish you the best
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Your english..

So good luck! .

I have pleasure in seeing new alliances form. (Well.. I don't, but I had to think of something to say so that this post isn't marked as spam ).
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject:

none of these idiots would say it, so let me!

Don't start a freaking alliance... your too new! join one of the existing ones and learn a thing or two first and than when you make a couple of friends, if your still playing.. you can be the king of your own castle

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject:

yes, i bet MIGHTY is right. that would be the best way.
 Back to top »
lord loss
Midshipman

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject:

i aint that new, i've played for about 3-4 months. why is it such a big deal i wanna make a decent alliance?
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I've been playing for a year and a half and both my alliances have failed. But that's beside the point.

The thing is, to be a successful alliance you have to have a fair knowledge of who you are up against. You need a bit of experience in how others will fight against you, and also experience in all fields - Score planets, Flag Captures and also general warfare. For a someone to learn at least enough to be a successful alliance leader in only their first account is virtually impossible.

You also need to know everybody in the community. Go on IRC once in a while, and go on the forums frequently too.

Join a successful alliance before you start creating one. You will learn from your leader. I would also suggest becoming a CoW before undertaking an even bigger role. There you will learn how to command well too.

So, don't create your alliance yet, but don't be offended either. Learn the game first and at least get into your 2nd or 3rd evo before starting an alliance. Trust me, when I created my alliance when I started out, it didn't go too well at all. Learn the community too, and most importantly have fun .
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
none of these idiots would say it, so let me!

what bee stung you in the ass?

anyway mighty is right about some stuff, but it's all up to you to decide in the end and no one can say that you did wrong when you started your own alliance. by all means. do it. good luck.
 Back to top »
Holy KNight
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject:

if u want to start ur own alliance i say go ahead. its all about how u run it, an if u truly think u can do it. ive had some alliances, some hav been good some bad. like i said its all about orginization an if u havnt found a wing man yet id b happy to help ya out.

let me add next evo id b happy to help ya out...
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject:

typically... if you made an alliance and want people to join, you post the name of your alliance
 Back to top »
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
I've been playing for a year and a half and both my alliances have failed.

So with that in mind, don't listen to MJ.
Communication is key. Make sure everyone is updated with the plans, and sends updates as to what they are doing. Especially if they need help. You talk to each other, you survive. That's the point of the alliance.

You'll probably get accused by idiots of rat-packing at some point, but if everyone is just off doing their own thing, than what's the point of being in an alliance. So work together, talk to each other, and you'll do okay.

Also, set realistic goals. Don't expect to take on TLS or any of the other veterans, anytime soon.

Though if you see pathfinder coming, just build 70 cruisers. That'll de-swank him in a hurry.
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject:

lord loss wrote:
i aint that new, i've played for about 3-4 months. why is it such a big deal i wanna make a decent alliance?

you are new! this game is not about how long you played. this game is about how much you learned while you played.. I know people who played for years and were totally clueless (Where are thou KOT) and people that got it in matter of hours....

ask your self the following questions
1. Have you ever been in top 10 r-scores?
2. Do you know at least 10 people in this game?
3. Have you ever played as a top 4 alliance member?
4. Do you have a clue about the ships and strategies?
5. Can you explain the game to your members?
6. Are you good at making your points clear in writing?
7. Are you a good Leader?

If you answered No to any of these than go work on it, if you answered yes to all of them, than your an idiot with a twisted sense of reality, may God help you.

I know you don't fit because
not many know you well,
you have participated and contributed very little to the forums
your asking for members in the forum
you don't mention a name for your alliance
you sound clueless

so again I tell you, too soon for you! join one of the top 4 alliances and ask the vet members to teach you a few things and tell em you are planing to have your own alliance someday and ask for an opportunity as COW. learn about fleets, setups, strategies, TWG's and properly reading probes and than if you feel the game is not too complicated for you to comprehend. make your own

till than.. sit on it. you could always listen to noobs like your self and make an alliance with Holy KNight, but don't be surprised if you end up with a 2 member alliance somewhere off the charts like the rest of them.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Well...if you want to form an alliance, go for it ...you won't learn to drive sitting next to the driver, you have to put yourself in the driver's seat...
if it doesn't go to well, at least you'll learn from it...don't understand what's all the commotion!! Is the universe gonna explode if he forms an alliance?!!
i think more players should start new alliances, recruiting from IG and TF...so, good luck...
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:
MicroJak wrote:

So with that in mind, don't listen to -UNREADABLE NAME-.

I have to say I agree with Mighty. Sure.. go ahead.. create your alliance.. but it will turn pear-shaped like so many times before.

For instance when I created my alliances, they turned out wrong, because (and I don't think -UNREADABLE NAME- had the sense to understand what I was saying) I was a noob, and still am.
 Back to top »
Holy KNight
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
ilofuyci wrote:
MicroJak wrote:

So with that in mind, don't listen to -UNREADABLE NAME-.

I have to say I agree with Mighty. Sure.. go ahead.. create your alliance.. but it will turn pear-shaped like so many times before.

For instance when I created my alliances, they turned out wrong, because (and I don't think -UNREADABLE NAME- had the sense to understand what I was saying) I was a noob, and still am.

an with that in mind once agian anoy Mj...jk i love you MJ
 Back to top »
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:

I absolutely understand this concept. You're a noob, you always will be, so any advice you have should only be paid attention to, as what not to do.

I happen to be in a successful alliance. In fact, the one you just got kicked out of, MJ, for not being a useful member of said alliance, so as far as knowing what is needed for a successful alliance, I don't feel you should even be allowed to post in this topic.

More nonsense, like everything else you post.
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:
MicroJak wrote:

I absolutely understand this concept. You're a noob, you always will be, so any advice you have should only be paid attention to, as what not to do.

I happen to be in a successful alliance. In fact, the one you just got kicked out of, MJ, for not being a useful member of said alliance, so as far as knowing what is needed for a successful alliance, I don't feel you should even be allowed to post in this topic.

how about you cut down on being an as*hole and take your nonsense somewhere else.. nobody gives a crap if you got a problem with MJ

linux666: making an alliance is not a big deal.. you just won't learn anything.. and won't be able to recruit any active players..

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
 Back to top »
Holy KNight
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
ilofuyci wrote:
MicroJak wrote:

how about you cut down on being an as*hole and take your nonsense somewhere else.. nobody gives a crap if you got a problem with MJ

linux666: making an alliance is not a big deal.. you just won't learn anything.. and won't be able to recruit any active players..

if ur a complete jerk or suck you wont be able to. its easy, me an my friend started one an got 4 people to join, an we had only been playn for a few months.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:

Would you say that to every noob who enters the game? Would you say that they would never learn? Take a brain test Mr Illegible - You were a noob once with your unreadable name. I know I'm a noob and I don't need a hate filled opinion from you. I left that alliance because I was one. And you know what? I'm glad I did. Because I wouldn't have to share it with a plLLock such as yourself.

Spacetrace needs less people who despise good will. Ilofuyci you call me a noob when in a real-life sense you are one yourself.

Thets settle it as so. Unless Sergeant Cacographic posts here again, I shall refrain from posting. I apologize to lord loss that his topic had to be the arena of this dispute.

Last edited by MicroJak on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(Where are thou KOT)

I am here, and arrive to second MJ's claim of ilofuyci being a noob, and to support MJ in general.

(Also, I could answer all but 1 of the things on your checklist, honestly.....)

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » At least read it
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: