57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
It is a bad idea.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
It is an ok idea but could be better!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This is such a bad ides, my pet earwig* could have thought of that!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

battlehard
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: see everyones Score

Hello. I am not going to dwell on the fact that I know next nothing about this (lol) but I have a reasonably 'With it' friend who when asked, told me that there was no way to see other people's score!!

I am here to suggest that there be a score page added so people can view not only the top 10 player in this game, but everyone.

To be honest, I don't know why this idea might be good but it might help members to see how people are doing and would make score seeing easier as you would not have to ask the person what their score / relative score is.

Thank You for your time.

Any comments or questions, I would be happy to answer.

*And no I don't have a pet earwig lol!!
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, I sortof agree, as when you raid an alliance, only to find out their players are in the minus...Not funny.

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject:

That idea is quite useless because you could see the score of new player, or in the other hand the score of those player in minus or really bad players so everyone would attack them instead of attacking the better players.

Even so you can see it without the relative checking his BR's...there is a button when searching a player where you can see the latest battle reports of him and his score so you can calculate it;).

KoT you could knew that seeing Alliance's score position at statistics...DUH!
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject:

Rubens, the alliance score is different from the score of its members.

If one half of the era the alliance had a lot of good players and such, then the points go up. But then, if those leave, and players with low score come in, but don't battle, the alliance keeps its high score, even though it has members with low score.

And, the flag is taken from the score of the members. So the score on the alliance scoreboard can be misleading.

As I'd expect you to know, only battles fought in the alliance go to the score of an alliance. So if you have -10k, and win 1k, the alliance will have 1k, not -9k.

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
Summer
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

Knight of Truth wrote:

If one half of the era the alliance had a lot of good players and such, then the points go up. But then, if those leave, and players with low score come in, but don't battle, the alliance keeps its high score, even though it has members with low score.

And, the flag is taken from the score of the members. So the score on the alliance scoreboard can be misleading.

As I'd expect you to know, only battles fought in the alliance go to the score of an alliance. So if you have -10k, and win 1k, the alliance will have 1k, not -9k.

According from what I see, i think there's a rivality starting between you and Rubens , maybe you should decide it once and for all in the battle field ^^
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Starting?

Haven't you seen the signature? And it was before that too. Robert is worse though.

(And I'd be destroyed on the battlefield, probably.)

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
battlehard
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: :)

Another good reason to see the score - bragging rights.
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it is a good idea, if you want to brag then get into the top ten. If you can't get in there then you can't brag. And as Rubens said you can calculate every players score if you wanted to.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Summer wrote:
Knight of Truth wrote:

According from what I see, i think there's a rivality starting between you and Rubens , maybe you should decide it once and for all in the battle field ^^

There is no rivality i simply hate him! i don't want him dead because is a little immature child but i hope he disappears a lot of time of ST...But i don't hate enough to see the negative part of all his posts(which are spam and would take me out a lot of time) but everywhere i shall say something useful because a player is asking something like you...KoT writes something stupid first so what can i do? he joins the topic where he doesn't belong, everytime we have solved this at the battle field he has lot, has multi, has betrayed his alliance, has ran away and etc...he has never been an even "good player" and he thinks he is smart enough to give advices...I don't critic stupid people, but this is ST, the experience and the theory things ain't learned at school so he can say something in every topic...well the common spammer, and me, the vet that can not just ignore him...my bad...

Nothing to add from what al12 said and what i said about player in minus which you can get advantage of...
Oh and i think KoT is right, i was wrong, but if you join an alliance with positive score and everyone is in minus...i think you have bad friends or you have been cheated jajaja.

Greetings, Rubens.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Rubens, I am ashamed at the lack of muturity from your post. People have different trates; KoT spams somewhat, but your english could be of a better quality, to name but a few. I have never actually been aware of KoT multying/betraying. It is a shame on ST that some people 'hate' others. Hate is a stong word and should not be used in the way you are using it. I'm not sticking up for KoT, I'm just saying that it is a shame when someone on the forums 'hates' someone, for being who they are, and we all need certain characters on here to make the forum good.

As for the idea, it is good. I would once in a while want tosee who is ahead of me in the rankings, which members of my alliance are doing well and also see relative scores aswell. Yes, ok, maybe you could work it out, but whats the point when it is right there infront of you? It's like, yeah, you can learn spacetrace without any help, but why would you when help is there right in front of you? It would be easy to incorperate and would be quite interesting.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Maybe there should be a button if this was implemented that you should chuse in your preferences if do or do not want others to see your score.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject:

everybody loves a good forum drama.

i don't want to see other people's score. it's not relevant to the game. the only things that matter are MY score and the top 10 score to compare myself with.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Yes.. but say you are 12th and you want to know how far it is until 11th spot, then you can do it. If you don't want to see other peoples score, just select a button in the preferences or something, like al12 said.

YOU GO GIRL!!

Sorry it's just... sorry...
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
has multi, has betrayed his alliance,

I multied ONCE, in my newbie days, and have never done it since. And please tell me, WHEN did I betray my alliance?

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
Yes.. but say you are 12th and you want to know how far it is until 11th spot, then you can do it. If you don't want to see other peoples score, just select a button in the preferences or something, like al12 said.

Then you should click on "relativ score" ... that helps me very often

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Yes, you could but why when you could just add this score thing and see instantly? Why does a player's score have to be such a secret? It would be so easy just to look. Why is there a huge discussion about something that would be so easy to implament and also very useful?

I'd like to hear what the admins have to say about this.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject:

al12 wrote:
Maybe there should be a button if this was implemented that you should choose in your preferences if do or do not want others to see your score.

i think this is the only possibility, cause otherwise you would find newbies too easily.
default will be: "not shown"
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
Rubens, I am ashamed at the lack of muturity from your post. People have different trates; KoT spams somewhat, but your english could be of a better quality, to name but a few. I have never actually been aware of KoT multying/betraying. It is a shame on ST that some people 'hate' others. Hate is a stong word and should not be used in the way you are using it. I'm not sticking up for KoT, I'm just saying that it is a shame when someone on the forums 'hates' someone, for being who they are, and we all need certain characters on here to make the forum good.

As for the idea, it is good. I would once in a while want tosee who is ahead of me in the rankings, which members of my alliance are doing well and also see relative scores aswell. Yes, ok, maybe you could work it out, but whats the point when it is right there infront of you? It's like, yeah, you can learn spacetrace without any help, but why would you when help is there right in front of you? It would be easy to incorperate and would be quite interesting.

Ashamed could be also a strong word and i can't complain about it...YOU ARE criticizing who am I from what i am writing! See? You can say A LOT of bad things about me but nothing that counters forum-dynamic(except those last posts) oh and BTW you speak English on your country, most of the players don't and that is a defect that i can or can not correct;)
Oh and back to the point...Spamming is not allowed at the forum, you see? You can't spam even a little in non-spamming topic because you should be banned!(just like me here!)

And yes i hate him...but, for trying to be someone else in the forum on for destroying it little by little;)...Even so that won't stop my help to him as a newbie helper or topics answering decent questions!

I shall not write more but he even denied his responsibilities...You multied in the beginning? I didn't know that LOL...you are also multied with Mighty, of course you just were a marionette...but sending 1 fleet of 1 account defending your other new account is to be a multi for sure;). And you betray your alliance when you respawn any time you want or you follow other goals that the one estabilished;)

Anyway if someone is disagree with my comments or wanna insult me or something, make a topic or PM(private message) me and solved...

I am still disagree...even if the default option is not to show the score because big players will use it to scare or cheat or put a warning over newbies.

I think the only think needed is the one MJ's said about statistics saying you: how many points away are you from the next place at the ranking or maybe for every player on ST...
To see the score of any player can be calculated now by seeing all his BRs and you CAN do that. And that solves KoT's problem too.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Trivial suggestion probably difficult to impliment.
Personal HQ screen that says -
eg: "You are in 17th place with 1200 points. Somebody of Somewhere is in 16th place with 1350 points and Someone else of Someplace else is in 18th place with 1150 points".

With this info, a player may be inspired to try a little harder to get above the next player up on the list. They may try to take needed points from the guy just below him or from the guy just ahead of him.

This info would give players someone else to watch and may inspire them to try a little harder. Also, it would help people choose opponents that are of similar skill level.
 Back to top »
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And you betray your alliance when you respawn any time you want

I don't see the logic in that. That is dessertion, not betrayal. Betrayal would be helping the enemy, dessertion is a lesser offence.

And the multying with Mighty? Yes, I agree, I was just a marionette. And, I personally did not see it as multying AT THAT TIME. And yes, he asked for our passwords, and yes, some of us (including me) gave it to him, I am not saying I am proud of that, and I know I am better now.

I try to hold my honour higher now.

MicroJak wrote:

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » see everyones Score
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: