Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Invention that cannot be described by alternatives available
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Impossible inventions » Invention that cannot be described by alternatives available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Invention that cannot be described by alternatives available

I am considering a somewhat strange invention, and I wonder if there is any mail adress or someone I can mess my suggestion. The options available do not cover the rewuirements for this invention, but I think it might be popular.

Well, I guess somebody else already had this idea, and it probably isn't as bright and revolutionary as I think, so here it is:

Maggot (e-ray)
0/5
500MP
Research time: 2d
Buildtime: 2d

The Maggot is a c1 ship with weaponry based on discarded technology from the project "Contact". Contact was aimed at setting up a transdimensional force field capable of directly linking 2 points in space, with travel time between the two points being zero.
The project failed due to the inability to maintain a stable and focused field over any distances, but some interesting side-effects were noted, which the Maggot uses.

When the Maggot activates, it's superexcited antimatter power pack generates a force field similar to the one aimed at in project Contact, but totally unfocused. The result is a multitude of miniature wormholes and dimensional overlaps, that cause all ships in both fleets to be scrambled randomly through all classes. This results in one single temporary class for all ships, with a mixed battle order. The Maggots power pack will run out of antimatter by the time the battle is over, and surviving ships will be restored to their original classes. Weapons will function as usual, but can only hit ships from classes they could normally hit; fire or effects directed at ships that could not happen normally will simply be wasted.

Something like that.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject:

This ship shows you are thinking a fair amount about ST and that is good !
Unfortunately, your invention I think is impossible to construct as you stated.
I also cannot yet see the practicallity of such a vessel however that could be just me.

Invention of ships within the game offers a nice option to the users however, very few ships ever make it to the actual battlefield. Most new players invent ships that either serve no useful purpose or a similar ship already exists within the game.
Take a look at the forum thread "impossible Inventions" and other ships as well and you will see what I'm talking about.
folks here can be very ruthless when critiqueing a new invention so don't get your feeling hurt when they tell you to forget it !
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the comments.

No risk I get my feelings hurt, looking at my suggestion in the forum sort of puts it into more perspective....

But the point:

Consider this battle order

c1 vs c1 ships of type A, B, C, D etc vs each other
c2 vs c2 ships of type E, F, G, H etc vs each other
etc etc

Now consider this battle order

ship A9 vs T4
T4 vs L1
B7 vs B4
C11 vs A2

etc

The outcome will be..... interesting

Mix in Kamis, cyclops, sporators etc.... I think that this is a way to spend 500 and change a certain loss into an unknown outcome
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject:

id use it in a battle with to that i have no chance at winnin just to fuck em about and see wat happens itll make an impossible war quite interesting
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:

sounds like you will invent some real interesting ships in the future...
but this ship will disturb the whole concept of ST, where the challenge is, to try to predict the battle outcome with your tactical skill. (apart from that we would have to change the battle scripts a lot). having a random battle order through the classes would be interesting, but not predictable at all. thats why i put his into impossible.

but i really like your way of thinking

admin
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Impossible inventions » Invention that cannot be described by alternatives available
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: