Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Why didn't my evaps get his cruisers when fired upon?
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Battle reports » Why didn't my evaps get his cruisers when fired upon?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Why didn't my evaps get his cruisers when fired upon?

yours: 274 ships
class 1:
6 evaporator (1/2, 12 MP)
class 2:
202 eagles (2/10, 4 MP)
60 wasps (1/10, 11 MP)
class 3:
5 cruisers (100/100, 60 MP)
class 4:
1 mothership (0/1000, 320 MP)

enemy: 9 ships
class 3:
6 cruisers (100/100, 60 MP)
class 4:
3 motherships (0/1000, 320 MP)
buildings:
1 defensive array (0/500, 0 MP)
1 research center (0/3500, 0 MP)
1 shipyard (0/3500, 0 MP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
your class 1 vs enemy class 3: V ^
you:
6 evaporator
enemy:
6 cruisers

5 evaporator vs 1 cruiser

6 cruisers vs 6 evaporator

losses:
you :
6 evaporator
enemy :
-
score in this subbattle: -72

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
your class 2 vs enemy class 3: V ^
you:
202 eagles
60 wasps
enemy:
6 cruisers

24 eagles vs 1 cruiser
23 wasps increased the firepower of 92 ships
12 eagles vs 1 cruiser
11 eagles vs 1 cruiser
20 eagles vs 2 cruisers
20 wasps vs 5 cruisers
4 eagles vs 1 cruiser
3 wasps vs 1 cruiser

3 cruisers vs 3 wasps
3 cruisers vs 3 eagles

losses:
you :
3 eagles
3 wasps
enemy :
6 cruisers
score in this subbattle: 315

your class 3 vs enemy class 4: V ^
you:
5 cruisers
enemy:
3 motherships
1 shipyard
1 research center
1 defensive array

5 cruisers vs 1 mothership

1 defensive array defends in class 3: 1 ship
1 defensive array defends in class 2: 10 ships

losses:
you :
9 eagles
1 cruiser
1 wasp
enemy :
-
score in this subbattle: -107

your class 4 vs enemy class 4: V ^
you:
1 mothership
enemy:
3 motherships
1 shipyard
1 research center
1 defensive array

1 defensive array defends in class 3: 1 ship
1 defensive array defends in class 2: 10 ships

losses:
you :
7 eagles
1 cruiser
3 wasps
enemy :
-
score in this subbattle: -121

summary:
your losses:
class 1:
6 evaporator
class 2:
19 eagles
7 wasps
class 3:
2 cruisers

enemy losses:
class 3:
6 cruisers

score: 15

I think that the score might be slightly different if my entire c2 and c3 fired directly on his c4....
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject:

Your Evaps were not triggered or "modified" by the cruisers resulting in them fighting like a regular c1 ship and not getting their holo-drain device activated.
Your C2 ships had already battled so they would not fight again and you did not have enough cruiser firepower to take out a mothership.

Better luck next time
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject:

Wasn't their LP modified by the cruisers shooting at them?

I don't get it...

So, if I have 10 destroyers, and shoot at my enemys 10 evaporators, then that's it, goodbye evaps and nothing happens to my destroyers?
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject:

It's quite obvious that the cruisers fired at all the evaps, since they were all destroyed, so there must be some other explanation.
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject:

it's about the battle syntax
different ships do different things. regular ships deal damage by f command which is not considered modifying by the battle engine.
other ships like cyclopses modify enemy ships's life points indirectly and that triggers evaporators.
the modifying can also come from your own ships. try evaps with sporators for instance.
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject:

OK, IC.

So "modify" the AP or LP, does not mean just lowering it by delivering regular fire. It has to be a "special" with the specific word "modify" in the syntax?

Well, lessons learned are hopefully lessons remembered.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:

Ok, now I want an explanation. I was writing a message to colinthecorgi ingame to explain what happend when I came across this IN the syntax:
trigger_destroy it modifies LP by -5000 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class but some ships and buildings are immune against this effect
battlemessage: "evaporator destroys ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: trigger_destroy@kill,enemy,1,this,all,evaporator destroys)

And what does trigger_destroy mean?

this adds a trigger to the ship, that causes an action you can define later, that would happen right after the ship was hit by the firepower of an enemy ship and destroyed this way
This seems to me that the evap should kill anything shooting at it, fighter, destroyer, cruiser and more. So why didn't it do that if it is in the syntax?

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject:

Read this

http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2724&start=60&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I think, from reading whatever I have been able to find, that the explanations for the evaps behaviour are incorrect.

The explanations maybe should be something like:

"Evap will destroy.... in same class as the other ship/building, _except_ for when the evaporator is affected by regular fire or modified by multiplication or division, but there might be exceptions to this also, which you must find out the hard way or by reading every post there is in the forum since the manual lies or we are unable to explain it."

It seems that it simply doesn't work the way it would appear to work, and experience has showed (I have read) that for example a sporator can trigger it, but not a commando fighter. And it seems that a spectre can affect it as well as a cyclops, as one would expect, even tho the spectre deals -1LP and the cyclops destroys? I draw the conclusion that this is because the Spectre "modifies" the LP of 1000 ships in both c1 by -1, while for example the destroyer "fights", the syntax for which is not shown in the manual as far as I can see, tho I expect that a destroyer modifies the targets LP by -10 On the other hand it seems that some "modify" ships do not trigger an evap, so that cannot be the sole trigger either.
Well, I guess the only way to be sure is to study all the ships in the manual, and look for the key word "modify" or "mod" or whatever the syntax is, and then check in the forum if this is valid or if it is an exception....
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject:

colinthecorgi wrote:
I think, from reading whatever I have been able to find, that the explanations for the evaps behaviour are incorrect.

The explanations maybe should be something like:

"Evap will destroy.... in same class as the other ship/building, _except_ for when the evaporator is affected by regular fire or modified by multiplication or division, but there might be exceptions to this also, which you must find out the hard way or by reading every post there is in the forum since the manual lies or we are unable to explain it."

It seems that it simply doesn't work the way it would appear to work, and experience has showed (I have read) that for example a sporator can trigger it, but not a commando fighter. And it seems that a spectre can affect it as well as a cyclops, as one would expect, even tho the spectre deals -1LP and the cyclops destroys? I draw the conclusion that this is because the Spectre "modifies" the LP of 1000 ships in both c1 by -1, while for example the destroyer "fights", the syntax for which is not shown in the manual as far as I can see, tho I expect that a destroyer modifies the targets LP by -10 On the other hand it seems that some "modify" ships do not trigger an evap, so that cannot be the sole trigger either.
Well, I guess the only way to be sure is to study all the ships in the manual, and look for the key word "modify" or "mod" or whatever the syntax is, and then check in the forum if this is valid or if it is an exception....

Man are you new in the game? I really hope everyone in here could think like you, and that voluntarily learn everything reading the manual or asking.
Everything what you have said is true!

@Al12: I don't know if you were answered with the link, but anyway...it means that it triggers the function of "destroy", remember the evaporator reacts to that function but after that is attacked, and it is destroyed by a Defensive Array(in example). It doesn't affect if is normally fought and it is destroyed in that way....Ok?...Anyway, i think there is a topic that explain a lot about the ship. http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4992

Greetings, Rubens
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the friendly answer

I was a bit p****d at the time, since I was in love with my pretty attack plan, so there was perhaps a bit extra sarcasm in the post and I was worried that I might have just ended the thread

Well, I can tell you that I am surely a noob. I just discovered (the hard way) what an apostate sphere is....
Having launched a beatiful and perfect (I thought) attack, watching my fleets zoom in on the helpless victim, I made the mistake of going offline for 45-60 minutes.

When I came back, the BRs were not about my helpless victim, but rather somebody named "The Dominion of the Travellers".....

-4000p ....

Ouch!

Now I have learned never to let my fleets attack an account that has existed for a while without monitoring it.

I have yet to learn something about the black hole, wormholes, the nebulosa etc. Have no idea what is going on at those places. There are also strange fleets from "the wormholes of the planets", no idea what that is either.
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject:

Don't worry the forum is always the best help, don't doubt when asking.
And read every FAQ's. Hope you get far.

Greetings, Rubens.
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Battle reports » Why didn't my evaps get his cruisers when fired upon?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: