Goto page Previous  1, 2
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Sniff I can't play this game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Knight of Truth wrote:
Well, the scrambler changes it, but it turns it into random, undecipherable, gibberish. It doesn't stealthily change numbers.

This scrambler thing sounds fun. Can someone scramble me? I would like that.
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject:

I believe Renee was always a fan of the scrambler probe. Or Rubens. I believe it was one of the two.

You'll have to coordinate it, because the scrambler only lasts 4 hours after activation.

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject:

Knight of Truth wrote:
I believe Renee was always a fan of the scrambler probe. Or Rubens. I believe it was one of the two.

You'll have to coordinate it, because the scrambler only lasts 4 hours after activation.

Maybe Renee i used it a loooong time ago....LONG xD(YearS)

Its not that useful for a long term battle...
*Adicted to ST and Hincha of Caracas F.C.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject:

hmm... I was just browsing old topics and thought maybe this one would be a good one to bring alive... and remind ourselves of how someone who has the abilities to hang in there and keep on trying...

MJ... take a look at yourself now... you've made TOP 10 AND you've gotten TF positive... WAY TO HANG IN THERE... you've actually given me the strength I've needed to fight on and continue trying to become better and wanting to try new things out... (even during war time)... keep up the good work... your perseverance is remarkable
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
hmm... I was just browsing old topics and thought maybe this one would be a good one to bring alive... and remind ourselves of how someone who has the abilities to hang in there and keep on trying...

MJ... take a look at yourself now... you've made TOP 10 AND you've gotten TF positive... WAY TO HANG IN THERE... you've actually given me the strength I've needed to fight on and continue trying to become better and wanting to try new things out... (even during war time)... keep up the good work... your perseverance is remarkable

Well, what can I say, thank you Lilly, greatly, for your kind words! They mean a lot, and good luck to you aswell!
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:

Right choice Lilly ! The successful people you read and hear about all the time is the ones who did not give up. Not too often will the success story highlight the numerous tries this person made and failed before hand.

Yea...Tiger Woods made it but I don't think he won every game of golf he ever played. As a matter of fact I'll wager he has lost more games than he's won if you total the number of games he has played in his life.

Also, he is good because he learned from the times he did lose. This is the mark of a true champion...someone who has been on both sides of the fence and now has the experience to recognize any little tricks his opponents will use to try to derail him and prevent him from winning.

There are no champions that do not go through this process. Salk did not get the polio vaccine right the first time and Davinci never did invent the flying machine despite numerous attempts but yet, these men go down in history as successful. Reason being...they did not give up !

Look at the example you choose to highlight eg: Microjack.
He's Been a real trooper and a credit to ST. MJ lost steady for over a year but he persevered and now he gets to cash in on his hard work. Hell...I've been playing going on 5 years and I lose lots of times. I never made it to #1 spot in the standings but I'm not going to do it by hitting people who just started playing. Where is the glory in that ? I can physically take the proverbial candy from the baby but it sure is nowhere as sweet as the 100 points I win from Connor or Senor or Failtrip1.

Again... I'm glad your staying so if you would just give me your co-ords, I'll drop by and give you an opportunity to win but...you will have to earn it. If you lose, remember what I did and don't let me do it again.

If it's any help at all, I started to win in ST when I stopped playing to win and started to play with the attitude that I would just try to minimize my point loss in battles. Preventing point loss is the same as winning, just looking at it from a different angle.
 Back to top »
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

mmmh, this topic appears ingame as latest foum entry , while there is no new post for some time..... coincidence...?

because there should be one!

congrats MJ!!!!!
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject:

It wasn't just me though, I have to really thank al12 and senor for their help on msn - reading through endless dsp data so that we can co-ordinate some sort of an attack and teaching me everything to do with spacetrace. I couldn't have done it without them.

And also thanks to the ST community aswell! I've had some real laughs. .

Now to change my signature
ilofuyci
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:

ncaries wrote:
mmmh, this topic appears ingame as latest foum entry , while there is no new post for some time..... coincidence...?

We got attacked by a rogue spam advertisement fleet. I took out all their spores, but the battle pause made this thread show up.

And MJ, don't forget to thank all the newbies you bashed, to get your score that high.
And feel free to tell everyone why you've had your base cloaked, the last few days.

You don't learn how to fight, by avoiding fights. You learn how to fight, by fighting, and by learning from your mistakes.

As long as you hide, and avoid fighting, you'll never learn.

Jean Rostand 1894-1977
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject:

ilofuyci wrote:
ncaries wrote:

We got attacked by a rogue spam advertisement fleet. I took out all their spores, but the battle pause made this thread show up.

And MJ, don't forget to thank all the newbies you bashed, to get your score that high.
And feel free to tell everyone why you've had your base cloaked, the last few days.

You don't learn how to fight, by avoiding fights. You learn how to fight, by fighting, and by learning from your mistakes.

As long as you hide, and avoid fighting, you'll never learn.

I don't thank newbies, I help them - every noob I have ever attacked has recieved my help.

I know what its like to be in that position, 18/20 accounts of mine were failed and unsuccessful, my first score was -7000, my second was minus -10,000, you, ilofuyci, were lucky enough to be in position to get +35,000 points during your first account, so DON'T talk to me about learning from my mistakes!

And you ask why I had my planet cloaked? Well, you attacked my base on the 12th of April and I lost 1000 points, you attacked me on the 15th of April (my birthday), and I lost 1500 points, you attacked me on the 18th of April and I lost another 1000 points. I cloaked my planet because I was just 200 points away from being out of the leaderboard, and that, my friend, is NOT something I have spent 2 solid years trying and striving to achieve!!

I play this game to gain points, you play this game to take them away.

I will NOT be pressurised by someone forcing me in their oh-so-sensitive language to try and 'beat the boss'. So leave me alone, please, ilofuyci, because I am quite capable of learning the game, in my own time, in my own way, with my own help - as I have done, as I always will do, and I will NOT let YOU get in the way, of THAT!
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Sniff I can't play this game
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: