Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
ALLIANCE DIPLOMACY, IMPROVEMENTS, AND ADDITIONS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » ALLIANCE DIPLOMACY, IMPROVEMENTS, AND ADDITIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Alliance Diplomacy, Improvements, and Additions

For a while now I have seen many alliances form and I've been thinking over this for quite a while. Sorry that this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long lol. =) You can tell that I have been bored and have nothing else better to do. Well anyways, I have noticed that diplomacy between several alliances is very important, but I think the way Spacetrace is setup degrades the utmost potential of Spacetrace allliances. I suggest in the alliance screen there should be a several sublinks that further ease the running and organization of the alliance such as: A pact or NAPS screen where the leader of the alliance can make NAPS with other alliances so that other members know who not to attack or maybe a vote instead. Also, there can be another screen for those alliances that you are at war with. Such as this and maybe some others ~which I can't think of~ may help the awkwardness between alliances.

Not only the diplomacy between the alliances, but the coordination between alliance members need improvement. I've heard some complaints from people that some members are not cooperating and even to me, the controlling of an alliance is difficult. As some leader of big alliances may know, getting all your members to cooperate is hard. I propose a ranking of some sort to help with this. First, there is the leader who controls most of the stuff. Well, that can create some problems. Yeah, he can assign the MoW and CoW and ban people, but there has to be someone else to advise, like a 2nd in command. Now this is where the improvements or additions or whatever can come in.

1) I think having an ability to only one person is not quite fair, such as the MoW and CoW. This inability creates more of an unbalance in power, so having an ability that is available to all members would be kool.
a. A DSP share- All member in the alliance can share their DSP in the alliance screen. (of course a button can be made to keep the alliance menu from getting too crowded) Pro: all members can contribute to the alliance. Makes it easier for alliance coordinated attacks. Con: The smaller alliances are at a disadvantage.
b. An Alliance probe fleet- This is where a 2nd in command can come in. This capability allows either the leader or the 2nd in command to sacrifice 100 points(?) for an alliance investigation probe or DSP. Of course it is limited to only 3 as a regular player would. Not only that, but this probe starts from the alliance center and the probes would go a little faster than a normal probe because its like a part of every member has gone into this probe and improved it some. Once the probe has reached its destination it can store the coords it has received in the alliance com-list (see below) Pro: This will enable to get coords that some member may not have and they can add it to their personal com-list Con: More 1 member alliances maybe formed to get extra probes, but that can be eliminated by having a member requirement, like 3 member alliance or higher.
c. An alliance com-list- This Com-list is available to all alliance members, but it receives it coords only from the alliance probes, but alliance members can add coords manually (maybe. Being able to add coords manually may put this at a too big of an advantage.) Pro: same as above Con: hmmm?. Not really sure =)
d. S.O.S call- This can be used when an alliance member is about to be attacked or is being attacked. The member can go to the alliance screen and activate a S.O.S. tag or maybe there can be an option where it automatically put a S.O.S. tag on the members name when being attacked. Also, this can go into further use if there is a NAPS Screen because then an S.O.S. can be sent to your allies for help. Then again, this can also be canceled. Pro: With this, all members of the alliance will be aware of the danger of every member and see if they can help. Also, helps the cooperation between two allied alliances. Con: Again can't think of any =p maybe???. A lot of programming?

2. I think an alliance should be able to do more with their points that they earn. I know that alliances can build a MTWG, but that doesn't seem enough. Many players can earn points from battles, but can't do anything with them, except lose them or win more. So maybe these could be some ideas that might work.
a. Alliance Last Defense- This is a mobile defensive Unit. It is much like a defense array, but it is built by an alliance that has more than 2 members and costs 2500 points. To keep people from abusing this and having another defense for their planet, this MDU is only operational when connecting to a member's Defense array power matrix. What that means is that when this unit is built, it can only defend Alliance members that DO NOT have a defense array. To further keep this from misuse, only one can be active in an alliance. Once defending an alliance member it will act exactly as a defense array, that is, it will do the same damage, but since it is a mobile unit, it will stay only for a day and move back to the alliance command center(see below) or recycle itself. (not sure which is better. If the admins has it so that it recycles itself after 1 day or 1 fight, then the alliance has to rebuild the MDU everytime, meaning they have to risk losing 2500 points in each attack and 2500 points for each rebuild, making it more balanced, I think.) Pro: This can help alliance members who have been gained up on a lot and have lost their defense array. Pretty balanced because it is not like replacing the defense array and it is very risky cause you can lose up to 5000 points. Con: It may be misused by multi players, but hopefully the restrictions I added may help.
b. Alliance Command Center- This Command center can be given to the alliance once it has more than 2 members or it can be built at the expence of your points. I'm not quite sure yet. The point of this CC is to have a place to station everything like the MDU(above), mobile trans-warp gate and alliance probes. This CC will be located at the alliance center and has its own stationary fleet that protects the CC, but can not attack. The mobile trans-warp gate can be located here too because it would make it more assessable to alliance member?s planets. This may also be included with a transwarp, but that is still questionable. Pro: This may ease the organization of the alliance and it may make the war against other alliances more interesting =) Look at it this way. You have a war between two alliances and through diplomacy between other alliances they try to find each other?s CC and also attack the players =) The CC sort of creates a battle ground so that it is easier for people to find a good battle without going to the BH. Con: No problem of this from what I can think of.
i. Ship Transfer- This idea may be controversial and may be hard to program, so do not think too hard of this. The Ship transfer is an idea for a fleet for each alliance. What it is, is an alliance member can go to the alliance command center and donate some of his ships. This alliance fleet can receive any ship from any race as long as it is an alliance member. The only downside is that it can only receive up to 3000mp worth of ships. Therefore, this fleet will not become too powerful. When this fleet goes into battle the points gained or lost is distributed among the members that transferred their ships. Pro: I believe that the alliance center should be more useful then just being the center and this CC ideas uses it in what I think the most interesting way=) This Ships transfer ability may smooth down the constant wanting of other ships in different races. Con: The only problem with this I can think of is the alliances with very few different races, but from my perspective, that isn?t too much of a problem.

3. The 2nd in command will become like another leader, but has a limited amount a power. He/she can be commended by a vote or chosen by the leader. Which every sounds better to everybody =) The idea of this 2nd commander is to spread the power a bit and ease the maintenance of an alliance for the leader.
a. CoW- The 2nd in command will also have the option of the alliance fleet menu. Pro: The 2nd gets the privilege to have his own alliance fleet screen =) Con: Probable won?t make any difference so the only downside is the time programming this option.
b. Enemy Attack Priority- This option is really shared with the leader, but anyways, this option has to do with the alliance com-list. On the com-list, there would be a severity light next to each known planet. The leader and the 2nd in command can highlight a planet with blue for immediate destruction, red for needs to be attacked, yellow for next target, etc??. Any of these can be changed, depending on what the admins thinks. If you still don?t understand the purpose of this. Then continue reading. The purpose of this is to not only give someone else a job to do in the alliance, but this enemy marking option gives the alliance a more organized attack. When other alliances see that a planet needs to be attacked and it is not far from them, then they can help the commanders that highlighted them, defeat the enemy. The enemies are either highlighted by a notice from a member that is going to attack or was attacked by that guy and wants revenge or it can by highlighted for a random attack. Pro: Like I?ve already said. It makes an alliance more organized. Con: Once again, this may take a lot of programming, but besides that, I think it is an excellent idea. If the idea of the alliance com-list is not approved, then the highlighting can be made on every member?s personal com-list.

Some of these ideas may seem that I have taken from other people, but to make everyone aware, I have been working on and off on this for several months. Long before the idea of the alliance-probes in the suggestions forum came up. If you want proof ask BladeTech. All these ideas are a subject of disscusion. Therefore, if you have and questions, modifications, or such please post them and I will try to answer you. You can add you idea, but try to keep in the same format as above so everybody knows your thinking. But remember, this was supposed to be about what I wrote =P I?ll may post some more I ideas later, so keep checking up on this.

Blackmagic
-The Eminent Creator of New Ideas

HAHA I lost my disk with this and haven' been able to find it for a month. This would have been up earlier, but sorry andyways

oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
~Blackmagic of Shadowball~
The Leader of the Best Alliance EVER!!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject:

DANG IT!!. I forgot to put the poll. Oh well, everybody just post thier poll =)
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mackman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea just dont know if the admin will want to put in all that extra programing it might bog down the server.

blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Thats why not all of them need to be used=) Only the good ones that they like
 Back to top »
mackman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject:

ok 1 vote for me!

blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject:

LOl Yeah! But... What is your vote? Yes? and to which ones?
 Back to top »
Lou of East from West
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject:

a bunch of new (some)greate idias.
but when u started it, here some more:
How about no complicating with alliance probes, but u simply click if u want to share it to alliance or no (like a checkbox for each probe). And on alliance menu there is a link to see all (visible) alliance probes.

other thing. Alliance is too centralized, and leader have to be very active, especialy with large number of members. Let's say like this: Leader (& 2nd in command) can apoint as much MoW (& CoW) as he like. It's common to have several generals planing (& executing) an attack. If anyone try to corrupt alliance as MoW, Leader can handle that issue!

I belive that hyrahical assignment, to assign certain players, to certain MoWs, would be a problem for now, as for graphical interface, it would be easy: a selectbox (comboBox), that list all MoWs, near each player, so u just select who is pleyers's MoW. If MoW_1 is assigned to other MoW_2 than MoW_2 control MoW_1 and all players that are under MoW_1. Leader is MoW off all players in alliance.

idea...
 Back to top »
Liderant
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject:

ok, i like your ideas, but for example with the alliance com-list, isnt it easer just to add all the coords from the alliance probe to your own com-list.
 Back to top »
BladeTech
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject:

i like and support ALL of the ideas posted
 Back to top »
darklim
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject:

I like the S.O.S
But the others ideas i need to think...
And i only like the S.O.S idea

[ This Message was edited by: darklim on 2003-08-29 05:15 ]
 Back to top »
JaM
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
d. S.O.S call- This can be used when an alliance member is about to be attacked or is being attacked. The member can go to the alliance screen and activate a S.O.S. tag or maybe there can be an option where it automatically put a S.O.S. tag on the members name when being attacked. Also, this can go into further use if there is a NAPS Screen because then an S.O.S. can be sent to your allies for help. Then again, this can also be canceled. Pro: With this, all members of the alliance will be aware of the danger of every member and see if they can help. Also, helps the cooperation between two allied alliances. Con: Again can't think of any =p maybe???. A lot of programming?

I don't think the SOS must go to your allies, they could abuse it.
Vote YES (but could live without it )
 Back to top »
Nemesis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Like it? No

I LOVE it

I think these are great ideas, so I vote Yes.

(just to let you know, it's called MoC(not MoW))

Maybe it should be the MoC that controls the alliance probes

[ This Message was edited by: Nemesis on 2003-08-29 13:12 ]
 Back to top »
Zamprano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject:

i like the idea of the CC, but it needs to be more important to draw the attention of the enemys. also... is it posible, that the alliance center is someones planet? if yes, the it could be a little problem.
if the SOS signal is to be sent automaticaly whe under attack, then it could be used to spam. z.B: i send my to attack someone and imediatly after sending it, that person's alliance recieve a SOS. but then, i send my fleet to attack someone else in the same alliance and agian to first one and to the second and so on, until i get bored and send my fleet back home. this alliance will recieve many SOS, but none of them will be real. this could be really anoying

got myself clear?

[ This Message was edited by: Zamprano on 2003-08-29 15:52 ]
 Back to top »
JaM
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Don't bring anyone at ideas
 Back to top »
KEPcH
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I love all the original ideas and defintely vote FOR, this must be added to the game.
 Back to top »
Lou of East from West
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

On 2003-08-29 13:10, Nemesis wrote:

(just to let you know, it's called MoC(not MoW))

I ment on CoW not MoC, sorry.
 Back to top »
Nemesis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject:

That's ok, you aren't the only one, Blackmagic did it to
(I didn't mean anything by it, just wanted you to know)

[ This Message was edited by: Nemesis on 2003-08-29 23:32 ]
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject:

LOL Sorry about that mistake=) I didn't think so many people would respond in one day =) Well the point of the S.O.S. is not to atomatically come up, but the player himself can active it=) Maybe that better?
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject:

This is a very overwhelming assortment of ideas, and it is hard to comment on this as a whole.

It is very well thought out. I do support all of these additions to the game, especially the alliance command center. It can add a whole new dimension to the game if handled properly.

Some of the other items are nice, too, but you have to remember that this is a free game, and you can go around them. For example, they really dont have to use their valuable time adding an SOS system into the game, when they have already created an alliance-round message.

All in all, though, these things would add to the game in a positive way, and I vote yes. I would like to see these ideas posted as individuals, so they can be explored in depth.

@Blackmagic--If you start calling yourself a genius again, I am taking back my vote
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject:

Oh come on Can't one have any self-esteem? *maybe egotistic,but hey =)* Well anyone can start one post focusing on one idea. that way we can go down the list or something. The S.O.S. May not be nessacary, but occationally the messages don't get displayed and won't be known untill you cheak your message box. Anyways, this is all up for disscusion=)
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » ALLIANCE DIPLOMACY, IMPROVEMENTS, AND ADDITIONS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: