Register
TO's Embarrasment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » TO's Embarrasment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: BTW...

T2 wrote:
Ask any one of these old guys why they quit and they will say...not enough competition or not enough players.

I have asked a few and the reason I got? "Too many multi's"...lol....new players are fine as long as they are REAL (and all of them too ) ...and competition? In this case...it was the source of the complaint and the actual bawling ....the one who posted this thread in the 1st place.

I have tried to define "multi rights" but, the concept evades me somehow??? ...guess they got the right to get hit like anyone else which is exactly what was done.

And to "interrogate" all rob had to do was tickle him with a 1k point loss to a insignificant account, which caused this person to lose his cool, forget what he undoubtably knew what NOT TO SAY, and out spilled the confession DavAlan notes how easy that was

And I doubt this guy is a noob either as he seems to have alot against TO esp. considering if he is really a noob then until recently he had never even heard of them??? or the anti-TO affliction is turning into a contaigious epidemic???

BTW-typical TO (and most other alliances) action is to eliminate multi's asap when found.... at least ...as of last I understood.
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk

Last edited by DavAlan on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject:

And to "interrogate" all rob had to do was tickle him with a 1k point loss and out spilled the confession DavAlan notes how easy that was

Well get at it then Dave. You can perform the last "rightous" act on this account and receive the last 500 points available by bustiing the only remaining building there.
I'll make sure it stays that way so no more cheap points can then be harvested.
However, the welcoming alliance stays until the same person who created it abolishes it.
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: LMAO :D

Checking my addition/subtraction

buildings:
1 transwarp-network (0/100, 0 MP)
1 research center (0/3500, 0 MP)
1 shipyard (0/3500, 0 MP)

your losses:
class 4:
buildings:
1 research center
1 transwarp-network

2 down...

your losses:
class 4:
buildings:
1 shipyard

score: -500

1 down

LMAO I count zero buildings left... so, the 0 0 0 3 is now a 0 0 0 0 ...may as well let the deletion go through

I also note I made a typo and called it a 0 0 0 4 as I am used to there being the SY, RC, DA, and TWN...must have been hit before as the DA was gone already
From Californication"
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject:

Shade wrote:
Not to mention the advantage of the "Alliance Incomings" screen of a 60+ man alliance.

These noobs are spread all over the galaxy, you could literally keep track of any fleet anywhere in the galaxy just by looking at this screen...

Quite a considerable unfair advantage wouldn't you say???

That's nothing Shade...imagine how fast someone who had lesser integrity could "farm" their way to the top on dead accounts with this set-up. It don't happen thou and it's not going to.
That is not allowed EITHER. One could get lucky and see bases or fleets being spawned or travelling but, i reallly don't know. Ask Renee to check. She has the password to log in. She is not involved and the info won't do any damage or provide any advantage to either side.
I will never be that desperate to try to win. I do not have to be and why remove the challenge ?
I should know when TO burps, but I Will say that all TO members/coords are not known yet.
We will find them but the old fashoned way with BOLD probes and info recovered from informants.

So...can the bull.shit...it was a cheap attack by Rob on me cause I call him on his bull.shit. I do it only just so he knows he is not fooling everyone.
It's his little way of "getting even" and it was a CHEAP stunt.
Now...I have no intention of making any appologies and anyone who don't like the current situation with the welcoming alliances, either come up with something better or stuff it cause, in 2 months close to 40 new players have started in spacetrace. Many will continue in the game and enjoy it for months and years to come.
If you think sending 3 -10 new greeting messages every day and identifing the dead and potential multi accounts is easy, that's not to say the PM's that come in. I'm sure you have some idea.
But...you know...it is worth it. In another year there will be over 500 players and the game will continue to grow as well.
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
anyone who don't like the current situation with the welcoming alliances

Actually starting out in NS after restart and before dropping I found any availible alliance comm to be rather confusing and chaotic (no scanned coords to match the alliance incomings to...among other things)
However if I was to gain access to that comm. now somehow ...hmm...
Oh well, is what we have spies for I guess as long as they are real players too.
And thus we have a potential problem with these 2 starter alliances..you can use them for intel aqquisition, but, it can also be used on you too and that intel amounts to an "all-st area dsp"....
From Californication"
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:

Sorry people this has taken too far...And i think we need a solution...mine is just an account...is not that easy, but here i go

Sup T2 how are you, do you wannna know something funny? Ok...I didnt even know that you were the leader of the noob alliance and mare of the other, i dont know if rob did...but really i didnt know it. Even so that i have a probe over that planet (also because there is another one near) so i have a DSP data over 2 planets and i thought it was great because the planets are just on the limits of the scanradius....it turns to be that your planet never makes ships and i never saw a fleet there, of course i knew that it was the planet of the noob alliance 's leader...but i think he was a common guy so i was waiting a fleet to attack because as you know i dont have ap to kill buildings, if so i would be the first in destroying them(even now).
I always check the forum and i dont find the topic where you guys were chosen as leaders...i thought you were voted, of course just if you are a noob helper.
Then i was reading the whole topic and realize what was happening, i did read something about the admin allowing you creating new accounts, well i think is just another mistake from the admin...Tell you why.

1- You can use 2 mp on fleets to attack someone
2-You can use doble probe data to your own benefit
3- You can check the alliance incoming screen and know the ubication of many fleets
4- You can abuse and exceed your powers so you can cheat on your noobs and take easy pts with the other account
5- You get a bigger comlist, a) by the initial seti-scan you get, b) by asking the rest of your alliance, oh wait, the rest of 2 alliances.
6-You are still getting incomings on your fleet screen and you may know the ubication of some fleets...and if you realize, you saw MY fleet going that near planet so you could attack me, my base my fleets whatever you knew where my fleets were.

I have listened that those functions are disable or that the admin will disable them so you cant be called like a multi...FALSE (if so)
To everybody....it may be ridiculous but it has sense, is the principal thing about multying in this universe

7- You are taking a spot twice...you are getting 2 cords taken with 1 mail, and we get 2 more players and our list, but there is just 1 using both accounts.

Lets disable all those 7 things that you get, so whats left?
Just messages...Conclusion you can handle the whole alliance by messages...because noobs need help and thats all.

If you are enough good player to be a noob helper then you can manage the alliance by messages, which means you should be in war(where you shouldn't) vs TO or any alliance using Enlightment's account.
Or you will leave the noob alliance and take another one and just the other one with a new account.

Sorry i have to write this too, but i think we should think about it....
Do we know if you will die tomorrow? Do we know if you are going to get retired from the game tomorrow?
No we don't, so i think we already need solutions in case you or mare leave the noob alliance.
My solution would be put any noob-helper there BUT just if he sacrifices the fact that he cant play with another account.
Even so, you, as T2 could help the noobs by message and IRC.

After reading all that there is another problem if we accept my arguments...does the leader of the noob alliance has the right to battle the rest of the players? Is a tough one indeed, i think yes because even he has the access to a big alliance incomings screen and the probes of the noobs that send them by ingame he has the right of fighting any other people, and we can be afraid, because if it is a good noobhelper he wont send the noobs to a war.....if we are already trusting on a noob alliance leader we can trust on the loyalty of this leader(this is an indirect to the ST community, i don't really like that thing about joining an alliance as soon as i start the game).

As a noob-helper you have to answer any question of the people noob or not noob, and you can do it with IRC or by ingame msgs or the forum...but you dont need the alliance incomings and etc right?
I recommend you to take a decision...forget about war and focus on helping noob using the function of CoW and tell someone not to have 2 doomstars in one fleet i.e. or leave the alliance, focus your fleets on the war or on the normal game and keep helping noobs by the other ways mentioned.

You can also make a pact with the actual "BOLD" where you are in, and attack with Enlightments fleet with BOLD's code...because you dont need those fleets to help noobs right?

So thats why i am asking, use just ONE ACCOUNT!

Oh, and you are right is all about TO...because if Rob didn't take those building i would do it, and i wont be ashamed because i would be using fair tactics of ST.

And sorry if this disappoints you, but i don't really think that the new players are coming for the reason you said...Look the statistics...

And also i apologyse if you felt i am mean with my words and i am NOT saying you are known as a person that could do the 7 things, i think that we all know you wouldn't do that...but is our right to make the laws be followed.

Greetings, Rubens
 Back to top »
DarthMother
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

I know almost for sure that if a certain amount of the somewhat old players were around when this idea was introduced, it wouldn't have been accepted in the first place (mostly because there is a poll and tha mayority wins, and with the arguementations, etc). My somewhat rude posts were maybe not nccessairy, but this way you give other players a free pass to being a multi. We all hate multi's ok... even the players that have multied before. You should be able to imagine how we feel then if we come back to the game after a certain while (for the one a year and for some others maybe even a LOT longer) and we see an idea that is so ridiculous we can't even imagine.

Now my own experience about newbie training. I have been the leader for a while of the Total Ownage Academy (still am, nicely locked). I could fight with -TO-, guide new players together with some other skilled members, and do all sorts of actions, with only 1 account. And it worked perfectly. Even the newbies fought a battle once in a while, carefully picked out to not provoke a war with one of the vet-alliances. It was even pretty easy to manage. You communicate with your other active alliance through pm or IRC or ingame message (some even outside the game on MSN or such), you fight for them as well as along the side of the vets-in-training. And i have to say, we brought a lot of nice fighters with a strategic sight that even i was amazed they were so good. Some of them still play, most of them sadly to say on a break.

But the point i am trying to make here is actually really to back up what Rubens said... You only need 1 account for doing both things. I can you even teach you how

So i should say, DELETE one of the accounts (preferrably your active account now) and focus on the account in the newbie alliances, that way you are a great help to AND the new players, AND your old team, without the prejudice of being a multi, cause approved or not, you (T2 and mare) are both being a multi at the moment, seeing and following the rules, and i guess you don't want to be.

Peace
DM
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Rubens...that other guy you have on your DSP is a multi ! Essin I believe the name is... He would be part of the 2 people who have been multiing now for months. They have received warnings for all the good it does.
However...despite some claims, the multi situation is well under control. It is not that prolific
I see them happen and anything that is serious is reported. As mentioned earlier, many new players try different species and then settle down to using their favorite race with 1 account. Yes ...not within the guidelines of the game but it will happen and there is nothing anybody can do to stop it.
With knowledge of the game 99% of the multi's do not repeat thier past transgressions.

There is more to ensuring that new players enjoy the game and remain playing than just answering what a DSP is for. The welcome alliance fosters team spirit, points other new players to the enjoyment of working within an alliance and encourages that aspect.
To do this job properly, without rewriting parts of the game considerably, the best compromise was reached with what is currently available and so far it has been a successful venture.
When the welcoming alliances were formed, 2 different approaches were made. One of the approaches was what is suggested right above me. Guess what ?...it's no fun trying to play where you are the only person in the alliance who has ability to actually battle and so far up to now..ALL noob helper alliances have disappeared.
If they were so good, fun and effective, why are they not still around and the game has loads of players ?
I'll tell you why.....
Cause most people here are competetive. Nobody wants to lead an alliance that is guaranteed to remain in the basement standings, have a revolving door on the membership and have a PM board filled with "help...I'm being attacked"! That is not even mentioning the attack code screw-up'sthat happen and having a MTWG is definitely out. It's ok for a little while but no one will stick with it when they really want to compete in the game. This current situation allows the best of both worlds. The ability to encourage new membership And ability to compete effectively.

Now...I could go back in forums about 2 years and show where I personally suggested that anyone who is part of the admin team should not actually play the game as it was a conflict of interest and the shitstorm that ensued would write a chapter. Going on about how these people contributed to ST in inmeasureable ways. Some were the people who posted here.
Now the perception is the opposite...these same people now seem to think the exact same thing as I did back then. Ther obviously has been a change of heart among these players. They now see it as I once did and I now see it as they might have back then.

I have 1 objective in the newb alliance and that is to encourage membership which will, ultimately, make my game more fun through more players and competition.

So again...as I did not start the helper alliance, I will try my best to ensure it's success while I am involved but to dismantle it will be up to the people who spawned it.
That is not likely to happen as long as new players and alliances are a result of it's being in the game.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I think you have more arguments than i do....and you have been leading the welcome alliance more time...if you think it helps keep going my friend.

I can start a debate just asking how you determine in which welcome alliance you will be, but its not the point....either a debate about that....

What is important to me is that you have declared your-self a multi to my eyes.
And i think you should personally take a decision and if the admin comes he should take a decision too, what are you doing is multi to my eyes...
Let's say neither the admin or you erase an account, so let's get back to the topic, why should be Rob and TO embarrased(=ashamed?) You have 2 accounts and 2 buildings but you are mixing it with your own war...To me is really low and you should feel ashamed to destroy a base of an enemy while been in war without fighting enemy's fleet before, but its legal (like SOAT), what you are actually doing is ilega ....thats why the topic is about you and not about Rob.

You get that, right?
In the other hand i have always tried to help any noob who ask something and yes even me (lets put a high ego saying i am the actually best player of ST at least about the score) multi with 5 accounts (without farming) when i started to see razes, researches, and probes. So its common but it shouldn't be allowed, if we discover someone doing it we shouldn't ban him but we have to make him choose just 1 account.
I am not making other accounts to research the retreat fighter, for example...i never researched it...

Greetings, Rubens
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:

[/quote]You get that, right?

Yes Rubens...I understand completely.

As I said before , the system seems to be working. All that is really needed in the training alliance is the H.Q. / alliance screen, the alliance fleets menu screen and the screen for messages.
Many players who do stick around play for a week or more become more apt to ask me a question than some one who says rtfm.
Welcome messages are sent to each new spawn.
It explains some basic things about ST and offers further clarifiaction if they require help.
Many are shy about asking anything for a while. At least they have someone that professes to them when they first start that they have a "contact" in the game they can ask questions soon as they feel comfortable.
New players/ accounts "fall out of the sky" in clumps usually. How they are inserted into 1 of the 2 starter alliance is random. Since it's inception, the enrollment remains about 60 members/week and about 55 are dead accounts from people who choose not to play.
About 5-10 % remain longer than 1 week and start asking questions then.

Battle is encouraged with the other training alliance to match the player abilities.
This is the next best thing to having a seperate complete Newb universe that has been discussed many times before and wished for by many.
This also helps new players to stay out of the way of the rest of the "serious" game players and alliances.
Active members of the training alliance are encouraged dialogue with other new active players and the result is new alliances forming and stepping out in the "real" ST universe to try their wings as an alliance.
The No-Stars are the first alliance to do this and their membership is not solely comprised of ex-UC players.
After their first evo...I will not have a clue as to their membership and they will become "more targets" for me.

If the Training leadership account could be cut down to the above things I mentioned, Hq page, alliance page and fleets menu page, that is all that is req'ed to effectively "steer" new recruits to the game on the right path to independence and fun.
Being completely immersed in an alliance that will unlikely ever reach the top , membership constantly changing, internal civil wars and fleets travelling with 500 fighters and a spectre for back up in their c2 stack is not really much fun and nobody will do it for long..

I hope admin can develop the starter alliance concept to something where nobody can bitc.h about it being an unfair advantage in regular game play and perhaps impliment the changes I posted above. Anyone then could have a turn at making sure new players are welcomed properly and taught how to defend themselves but until then...this will have to do.
BTW...it does not take a superstar to issue a friendly greeting or tell somebody to only put 1 mothership in a fleet. Just someone who is honest and willing to take the time to do it.

I do think Rubens you are the best player in the game right now but your knowledge far exceeds anything most new players need to grasp to get along and learn the basics.
When they can ask intelligent questions about fleet stacks and results, you would be the guy to ask !

[/quote]
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject:

I wont even bother of reading this ridiculous long posts about this.If any of you want the job in that alliance and I MEAN ANYONE plz PM me and i will gladly give it away.
And be my guest to use those 60 alliance incomings,use nOObs to farm them,couse i know some of you here a great at doing right that and plz dont hesitate to use all those newbie hoords in some evil manner.
I maybe looked over alliance fleet menu once or twice,never even bothered to look at coords yet alone to extract them.Alliance incomings I checked when someone on Irc reminded me about how much traffic must be there.Not that much some of you might expect.
For my last 3 evoes 95% of points were gain on score planets.Attacked maybe 2 or 3 bases over the course of 9 months,my comm had like maybe 20 contacts,thats why i used my one and only account to run TF until I decided to start my own alliance.But then TO appeard and who wants to miss a chance to fight them(exept cowards).
Anyone who knows me,knows I dont do dirty tactics or tricks.I never did multy nor I will multiy,not again like some of the guys here.
As for startup alliance i find them more to be welcome alliance,to get some human touch to the new player then newbie alliance.So new player can be greetz at start of new evo and that might chage their minds to log im once again at this game.
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject:

Then close the topic...
You see, t2 is blaming TO in general about something ridicolous...maybe you and T2 are integral persons...but your acounts are multying...and i may want that job but my ST is bad and i dont want to MULTI neither have 2 accounts and the people will doubt about me, thats why i prefer to get in a war and help noobs in other ways.
If anyone has something to add just create a new topic because this has no sense...and sorry T2 but it was a shame to read the first post.

I think thats multi but at the end, the admin decides...off

Greetings Mare, Rubens
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject:

Rubens...here is why the post was initially made
Quote:
So...can the bull.shit...it was a cheap attack by Rob on me cause I call him on his bull.shit. I do it only just so he knows he is not fooling everyone.
It's his little way of "getting even" and it was a CHEAP stunt.

Above quote is what started this topic but some I see there are more important "issues" to some that lie beneath the surface.

Anyone have any more questions, problems or issues...might as well spit them out here as the whole topic somehow became steered into what I thought was a non-issue.

This quote above is why the whole topic was started.
If not...get on with the game. I expected no less from him and have already forgotten about it.
 Back to top »
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:

If you have forgotten about it, why do you keep playing the crybaby?

I did not even know that was your second lame account, if I did, I wouldn't give a shit. I pass that planet every day when going to my enemies, so I often make a stop to get even more points.

That's where this whole game is based on. Now come and fight.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » TO's Embarrasment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: