Register
Hierarchy
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Hierarchy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyFire
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Hierarchy

My idea is to make it possible to enslave players. I think GC has a simmilar system - i never played it tho.

The basic idea behind this is not to kill more newbies, but to encourage helping them.
After attacking a newbie a few times, you could offer him to be your slave - but he has to pay 10% of his point earnings per battle - of course only if they are in the positives

Most newbies quit after beeing owned a few times by a better player. Becoming your worst enemies slave ensures that he won't attack you anymore - and that he will teach you how to properly play this game - if he has any interest in earning the extra points
The slavery could last only one evolution.. and the slave can buy himself freedom with points or by beating his master in battle - maybe beating his base. It would also encourage more battle between veterans

It has many possible variations, but i believe it could help to stick more people to this game
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: ST ? ....been there and done that ;)

It is AKA -> Capture the Flag....essentially "enslavement" of an entire alliance where an increasing %age of points (max 20%) goes to the holder of the "enslaved" alliance
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
SkyFire
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes i know. But capturing one alliances flag does nothing to help them improve their gameplay. And i'm talking about the newbies everyone is feeding on
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject:

SkyFire wrote:
Yes i know. But capturing one alliances flag does nothing to help them improve their gameplay. And i'm talking about the newbies everyone is feeding on

NZ, FG, TTP, Cylons, CBK I think "feed" off: 1) multi's (AND USUALLY 2+ OR MORE WITH ONE) and 2) each other.
Not sure of the others but, NZ lays off the 2 large startup alliances.

Plus taking back a flag successfully (and possibly taking thier flag in the process) is definately going to improve an alliances gameplay..no doubt ...EVEN ON FAILURE TO DO SO
From Californication"
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject:

Players get sick and tired of being dominated. When an alliance that seems indestructible comes along, players become completely fed up of Spacetrace and leave.
I feel that this would simply make things a lot worse. You're basically bringing in a "bullying law" that is most definately going to be abused by a group of players picking on newer, less experienced players.
Put yourself in the victims shoes, if you suddenly find yourself a vassal to another player, chances are you're just going to delete your account and begin again. Especially if you've just joined the game.
We already have colonies, and I think that's enough.
The whole point of spacetrace that makes it different from other games on the net is the fact that ST is completely Tactics based. Games such as Hyperiums are fun but it's simply because they are simple to play. Spacetrace is not a "the more ships/planets/slaves you have the better" game, and if an option like this is enforced I feel that it will simply bring Spacetrace down that path.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scolar Visari
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject:

You know what i think? i think we should be able to bribe people with points and stuff.. well.. bribe points..

Like if i attack KoT and he begs and pleads for his base.. id stop attacking for a nice 2450 points

Good for me and him
Me: I dont lose my ships making points, save myself a trip, save myself the grief of listening to KoT complain.

Him: Keeps Ships and base, might of lost more points in the attack, wont have to cry to people in the forum that he's being attacked!! O NO!

Join Your Destiny
 Back to top »
SkyFire
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Promethius2: Good point mate.
Scolar: Nah.. your idea is even worse than mine
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm playing GC and I don't think the slavery would work with spacetrace. I don't think it's also fare this way to make points, you could have a vet only getting slaves and making points by that while spacetrace should be more a game for strategies with all the different ships you can build.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject:

al12 wrote:
I'm playing GC and I don't think the slavery would work with spacetrace. I don't think it's also fare this way to make points, you could have a vet only getting slaves and making points by that while spacetrace should be more a game for strategies with all the different ships you can build.

You could use it the same way at vets in GC do, enslave everyone in range then, next day, off into vacation mode for a month at max pr and everyone spends that month trying to get 10x your pr to break loose This is aka the "GC paid vacation".

BTW-I use my ST planet name as my GC name so, if you see me out of dp, give it a try but, beware (guardian is a b*tch )
From Californication"
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Hierarchy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: