Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Class 3 possible bug?
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Battle reports » Class 3 possible bug?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Class 3 possible bug?

your class 3 vs enemy class 3: V ^
you:
10 cruisers
4 missiles
enemy:
30 cruisers
1 minor reconstructor

2 missiles vs 1 cruiser
8 cruisers vs 8 cruisers
1 cruiser vs 1 minor reconstructor

1 reconstructor reactivates in class 2: 6 ships
10 cruisers vs 10 cruisers
2 cruisers vs 2 missiles

losses:
you :
10 cruisers
4 missiles
enemy :
8 cruisers
1 minor reconstructor
score in this subbattle: -36

I shows 10 cruisers vs 10 cruisers, but he only lost 8
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
~Blackmagic of Shadowball~
The Leader of the Best Alliance EVER!!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject:

As far as I can see he got the first shoot and killed your cruiser and your 9 cruisers killed 8 of his and one minor so no bug here.And those 10vs10 cruisers shows what his cruisers fought.
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
As far as I can see he got the first shoot and killed your cruiser and your 9 cruisers killed 8 of his and one minor so no bug here.And those 10vs10 cruisers shows what his cruisers fought.

True no bug. In other words.

he got the first turn. and you waste another destroying a the minor reconstructor which is why you could only destroy 8 cruseros.

Even so, you had luck, the missiles were destroyed by the enemy and you could take down the minor:P
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

You guys failed to notice that the battle report failed to report that the enemy got the first shot at me. if that was true then the line- 1 cruiser v 1 cruiser is need to be added

1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser
2 missiles vs 1 cruiser
8 cruisers vs 8 cruisers

You can see that before only 9 cruisers fought when i have 10. I think the BR is messed up
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

blackmagic wrote:
You guys failed to notice that the battle report failed to report that the enemy got the first shot at me. if that was true then the line- 1 cruiser v 1 cruiser is need to be added

1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser
2 missiles vs 1 cruiser
8 cruisers vs 8 cruisers

You can see that before only 9 cruisers fought when i have 10. I think the BR is messed up

No YOU ARE WRONG...try to understand that:P

There aint a line missed. What you are showing is YOUR attack which is made by just 9 cruseros because 1 of your cruisers was already destroyed. You can see that in the part which is shown the attack of the enemy.

You donts eem like a vet BM...
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject:

WEll plz excuse me because i haven't played for a long time. From wat i'm looking at it doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe i jux don't see it. for me the logic is off.

Actually i never understood the stuff in teh red and green box. Take a look at this one.

you:
11 cruisers
1 missile
1 plague ship
enemy:
5 cruisers

5 cruisers vs 5 cruisers
1 missile vs 1 cruiser
1 plague ship vs 1 cruiser

3 cruisers vs 3 cruisers
1 cruiser vs 1 plague ship

I know the green is me and the red is the enemy. Wat i'm assumin is that the battle order is not displayed in sequential order. Thats because his 3 cruisers fought my 3 cruisers while my report sasy 5 vs 5.
That means

*the missile attacked 1 cruiser but didn't destroy it
*one of the enemies cruisers attacked my plague ship, but didn't destroy it.
*that leaves 3 cruisers from the enemies side that didn't attack and still all my cruisers that haven't had thier turn. Therefore 5 vs 5 makes sense.

Using that same logical deduction the BR that i think is buggy doesn't follow those lines.

*1 cruiser vs 1 major results is destruction of major and +100pts
*2 missles vs 1 cruiser is redundant because it has no effect
*8 cruisers vs 8 cruisers is jux fine
* now the part that gets me is the 10 vs 10 cruisers. 1 of my cruisers already lost his turn by attacking the major so i lost 60 pts. So far all 9 cruisers are accounted for. Wat happened to the 1 cruiser that didn't attack the enemy? If an enemy attack and killed my cruiser before it shot, there still need to be data on it in my green box. There fore 1 more line should have been added. Or so i think

My logic may be s.crewed but this is how i've read BR in the past. I jux never analyzed a BR like this before.....so....... yeah.....

I'm still a VET but tat doesn't mean you know everything

my loss in the class 3 battle is -36 because i won 40pts from the major, lost 1 cruiser because the enemy supposidly attacked first adn the major reconstructed 1 troika
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I am not saying that i know everything...but when i say something i know if it is right or not...you jsut have to read and you dont want to, because you are totally blind to other options. IS NOT A BUG.

And you maybe are a vet by time, but in knowledge you are so far away. You could ask it before couldnt you?

1-Yes you are right in your suposition...it is like that...The green box DOES NOT show the sequencial order and the admin has say it many times.

So you have to "supouse" which player got the first turn by the green and red box.

2-Its an universal law and there are plenty, millions, of cases in ST... So i just willl show you how it works and i hope you understand

3- Battle 1

(There are many ways, but in any order the score will be the same...Thats why the green box is shown like that. It just show how was the score earned)
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

a) Ships in bold are yours BM.

1 cruiser vs 1 missile <--- he is wasting turns on your missils
1 missile vs 1 cruiser <--- After the damage it selfdestructs
1 cruiser vs 1 missile
1 missile vs 1 cruiser <--- Same situation
1 reconstructor reactivates in class 2: 6 ships <-- the MR takes its turn
1 cruiser vs 1 minor reconstructor <--- You destroy it
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- As you used a cruiser before now you just have 9 cruiser to attack but he destroys you 1, so now you have 8!
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +1
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- He destroys a cruiser that already destroy one of his (7)
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +2
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 6
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +3
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 5
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +4
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 4
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +5
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 3
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +6
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 2
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +7
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 1
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <- +8
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- 0

Remember it could start in another order (i.e. with cruiser 3 or the minor reconstructing) but in anyway that would be the syntax, and as you had missiles and 2 of them got turns, and as THE ENEMY had the first turn you couldnt destroy 10 crusiers. Even so if you could have the first turn you couldnt do it either it would be a different battle...
In the end you had luck, you could destroy the minor which gives more points.

Now you may say "oh, but the BR shows 10 cruisers vs cruisers", well thats why its shown on the red box, because THE ENEMY is the one attacking with 10 CRUISERS TO YOUR 10 CRUISERS...it means it destroys (or attack) 10 of your cruisers with his cruisers, but it dosnt mean that your 10 cruisers will battle

Last edited by Rubens on Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Battle 2
Remember. The plague ship cant be attacked first, because a target will be the always the main target till it is destroyed. Thats why in this BR you see a little of sequence on the resume

1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- You have the first turn ( +1)
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <--As you destroy a cruiser first now he has only 4 cruisers (-1)
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- +2
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- (-2)
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- +3
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- (-3)
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- +4
1 cruiser vs 1 plague ship <-- But cant destroy it...
1 missile vs 1 cruiser
1 plague ship vs 1 cruiser <-- He wasted all his ships on attack and the battle will be over till all the ships take its turn or till all the ships of 1 player are dstroyed. Thats why you keep attacking.
1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- +5
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject:

*sigh* Dude your not getting wat i'm sayin. I just saying its a bug, but all i'm tryin to point out is that a line should be placed in the BR. Its not a bug in the battle, but a missing line in the BR. I know how the ships got killed. I'm not that stupid. Can't you see you even wrote it yourself??

1 cruiser vs 1 cruiser <-- As you used a cruiser before now you just have 9 cruiser to attack but he destroys you 1, so now you have 8!

That is the line i'm saying is missing. If you have that inthere the battle makes sense.

And you maybe are a vet by time, but in knowledge you are so far away. You could ask it before couldnt you?

WAt do you mean?? why didn't i ask before?? Well, cause i never noticed it until now! DUH! don't act like your knowledge far exceeds mine. You don't know wat i know and i don't assume nor accuse wat you know. Its quite rude!

The entire battle sequence you wrote i already knew. GEESHH! So plz don't degrade my pride or knowledge of spacetrace.

THE END-----------------------------------------------------------------
{topic closed}
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I KNOW!!!!
First, sorry...i just thought you do was that stupid...
Second...i wrote the whole BR to let you know why is not shown that line

You have to supouse it!!!! If you know you have not the first turn just supouse it...anyway, if you checkl your own posts in the begining of the topics we can see how you are asking for points or a non-existing bug!

The battle happened and he lost 8 crusiers and thats all, why should be a bug?... The only mini-bug, that you can claim, that other players have asked before is that we dont have a sequence on our boxes of battles, but the admin has already shown how would be a complete BR and its too extend, even so, i think you can use a java extension and see it.

But, in the normal BR there is no bug, i didnt need that line to understand the battle, did I?
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:

well i don't think i was trying to infer that i want pts. I had actually won 183 pts from that battle and somewhere near 600 for the entire battle at his base
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Battle reports » Class 3 possible bug?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: