Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
starting a new allaince
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » starting a new allaince
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: starting a new allaince

If i would want to start a new allaice and i would announce that here would i have a chanse of getting any players in my alliance? There are allot of alliances and there was allot of recruiting, would i have a chanse of getting memebers?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Recruiting in the forums has limited success. The best way to get an alliance is to be diplomatic with PM's to other small alliance leaders. Hanging out in IRC will let you get to know other players on a more personal basis and them you.
THe unification of the smaller alliance into a few larger ones is a good thing but if the alliance gets too large, it becomes harder to manage.

Having a larger alliance gives all members higher mobility throughout the galaxy and provides for a larger comm list just to name some of the advantages of having a larger alliance.
People are not willing to give control of thier alliance to someone they fear will cause it to self-destruct however.
If you can provide a "sales pitch" and outline of how an alliance could be run where control and support can be balanced among the players, the alliance will do well and have longevity. NZ is a good example of an alliance with good leadership and moral ethics. They have maintained a presence for over a year.
There is no reason there cannot be a few 'NZ' type alliances around however it takes a strong leader and a strong diplomat or MOC to make sure the alliance does not get in over it's head and get wiped out. MoC is probably the most important position in the game however not every MoC has the ability to maintain and keep on top of the political events that happen in ST, maintain the "official " alliance voice and keep a strict blackout in a 6 member alliance where 6 different views on a situation gets posted in the forums.
Try to keep the alliance clean of multi's as they can ruin your rep as well and cause lots of grief to you.
Other than that...What else can I tell you ?
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

So........

Why are you leaving your current one?
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, i'm thinking of leaving it because i realy want to become a leader and have a nice alliance that way. And not much is happening in my current alliance. I'm just afraid that if i start a new alliance now one will join.
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:

AL12 my method for getting NZ up was to start it as a "one man and mtwg operation", hit a score planet, and build a reputation. This took about 6 months. After that was done the members started coming in almost by default
Our best members are hardly ever invited in, they contact us and request entry. We do "screen" incomings if we have no background and refuse admintance if they are evasive on this matter (cant trust us? so lol we cant trust them either)....forum recruiting has been almost useless and IRC recruiting hardly better....those dont remain long at all.

We got tired of noob training though and now only accept confirmed non-multi vets.
Too many code mismatches, offline eta's and other such disasters put a stop to us taking noobs in as we started to wish for a round without such recurring problems.

IMHO most alliances are formed prematurely and no one with < 6 months of experience really should try. Is much better to gain experience with an existing alliance or (if you get bashed early on and cant get into an alliance due to low score...my 1st evo) then go solo like I did.
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

Thanks allot, DavAlan. that's going to help me allot!
 Back to top »
Scipio Africanus
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

sometimes when you make an alliance make sure the people who joined go on there daily.
lilkrnboi1018
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ya, and make the game exciting for them with things to do, so that they don't quit

Gotta love the Magnum (RE 0-3)
Or the Eagle (RE 3)
Leader of DEFIANCE
The grounds are soaked... with your blood!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

That's why I want to start my own alliance. Or at least join a fun alliance until i'm expierinced enough to make my own one.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Not too long ago having a low score automatically disadvantaged you in joining a competitive alliance as your membership would drag down the total alliance score. This has since been changed and your score does not "travel" tho the alliance. Only points won or lost while in the alliance now count towards score. This makes it considerably easier for new players to get accepted into experienced alliances despite thier score. The big requirement now is to pay attention to what a good Cow suggests hopefully stopping your continuation of negative score. The best players are the ones who take what an experienced guy shows them and applies the do's and dont's and in no time they are flying around and winning most of thier battles
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Thanks allot guys, this realy helped me allot and I will think of it when I'm going to make my own one. I'm going to follow DavAlan's advice and wait a while before i start my own alliance.
Thanks allot
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AL12 my method for getting NZ up was to start it as a "one man and mtwg operation", hit a score planet, and build a reputation.

So DavAlan, is tfp doing that now?
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

al12 wrote:
Quote:
AL12 my method for getting NZ up was to start it as a "one man and mtwg operation", hit a score planet, and build a reputation.

So DavAlan, is tfp doing that now?

Nope
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Not? he is holding a score planet by himself.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject:

Best way to find out why is he doing so is to ask him directly.And check out how current era in ST is called...No need to make a name for alliance if this is written on log in page:

II: The reign of TFP
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Discussion and Recruitment » starting a new allaince
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: