gravo gun pack
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » All existing Technologies » gravo gun pack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tec_server
Technology Bot
Technology Bot

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: gravo gun pack

gravo gun pack (class 3 ship)

the gravo gun makes one enemy ship defenseless and sets the lp to 1. it also emits a hullbreaking interference burst which kills one own ship.

researchtime: 2 d
buildingtime: 15 h

attack/life: 0/100
manpower: 36

researchtime: 2 d
buildingtime: 15 h

human-technology
needed research:
improved targeting

battle details:fights
(battle engine syntax: f)
reduces LP to 0 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class but some ships are immune against destruction
battlemessage: "gravo gun affects ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: destroy,enemy,1,this,all,gravo gun affects)
reconstructs 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the class it is fighting with (technical LP +1 to ships that have less than 1 LP)
(battle engine syntax: reconst,enemy,1,this,all,1)
modifies LP by -5000 of 1 ship of any ship-type in your own fleet in the same class but some ships and buildings are immune against this effect
(battle engine syntax: kill,self,1,this,all)
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

im not sure about this one

its about luck if it reduces the points of a enemy high class ship and destroys one of your low class ships uve won

however

if it does the vice versa youve lost

you have to be careful

would be good with a fleet of bulk fighters against a swank fleet

would be crap vice versa
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

combine it with shock wave cruisers , cluster cruisers etc.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

ah of cause how could i be so blind that would freakin rock but still it is about luck but i vote add
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:

spacetrace wrote:
combine it with shock wave cruisers , cluster cruisers etc.

Yeah for some razes its good also you can combine it with dreads but you need luck to get the turn first...i mean this ship can also kill your own cluster crusero etc. A good use would be a combination with cluster and this ALONE but still you need a bit of luck.

So i cant aprobe it totally if you reduce the mo to 30-40 maybe

Think about this

It "maybe" destroy 1 ship on your side and enemy's side, in a normal situation of standard ships the score keeps even. And remember if the situation is cruseros vs another c3 of high mp still the same because maybe this wont have a turn, you need many of this.

Then it reduces lp to 1 of 1 ship, which make the ship easy to be killed but not that much...because you need REALLLY good luck to reduce lp to 1 of many ships and destroy them with the Shock wave...also the this ship which lp is 1 could be destroyed by a normal crusero so you arent wining pts because it remains the same. Maybe it should reduce AP to 49 of the enemys ship.

And i havnt ended...your ship is totally destroyed and cant be reconstructed, enemy's one can!
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
reduces LP to 0 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class but some ships are immune against destruction

in the ship description it doesn't day anywhere that it destrois an enemy ships, it says that it makes one enemy ship defenseless and sets the lp to 1.

Quote:
reconstructs 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the class it is fighting with (technical LP +1 to ships that have less than 1 LP)

if it makes one ships defenceles and puts it's lp to one does this mean it can also put the lp of an enemy ship that is destroid to one? if it does, how is it usefull then?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

As admin says, combine this ship with a Cluster Cruiser or Shock wave Cruiser and hope this ship fires first before your Shock Wave. The Shock wave that does 1 ap damage, becomes the "coup de gras" on an enemy ship that is 99% damaged already.
I have not tried it, but it seems like the logical way to use it. Make sure you stack enough to be sure it will fire first however the drawback is, it will also destroy in your own fleet 1 ship. Get real lucky and destroy another gravo gun and then hope your cluster cruiser fires.
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

is there a way to stack youre fleet so that you get the first attack?
( thanks, i now understand how to use it)
i guess it is onley usefull it you destroi a class three ship that has more than 100mp.
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

al12 wrote:
is there a way to stack youre fleet so that you get the first attack?
( thanks, i now understand how to use it)
i guess it is onley usefull it you destroi a class three ship that has more than 100mp.

That is still random in spite of your stacking. This ship has massive potential, but can go either way. I think a determination of correct ratio (grav guns to cluster cruisers) is needed but, gonna probably be costly to score running it. I would prefer using cluster cruisers over shock wave cruisers myself as should one of those get a turn in early then the grav guns take cheap clusters out

It would be really nice to add these new prewarp ships into the battle sim... ...ADMIN ???
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

if you use cluster cruisers you have to make sure that the person you are attacking doesn't have any class 1 ships or you need to destroi those first. the gravo gun pack and shock-wave-cruiser on the otherhand are both class three ships.
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

If you also have class 1 and 2 then you dont have to worry about the c1 and c2 in the target fleet
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

boy, i hate to make these cind of mistakes.
 Back to top »
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject:

I feel this could be a really interesting ship but as it stands now I cant even picture myself attempting to try to score with it.. All successful setups require some amount of luck in ST but this one just requires wayyy to much of it to become a viable option.. If I could ask: When is the last time this ship was even picked up by someone? That should illustrate my point about its useability.

I think tweaking it around a bit would make it a lot more appealling.. How about instead of automatically destroying one own ship, it only destroys one own ship AFTER it itself is destroyed OR it just doesnt destroy one own ship at all... Possibly jack up the MP a little if that was the case. Before you shoot me down completely: think about all the other powerful c3's that dont have a drawback nearly this bad. Just a thought. I know my opinion matters very little when it comes to anything about a change in the game. Frankly it feels like the days of new ships being introduced or ship ammendments are long, long gone in ST, which is a real shame.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject:

this ship would be awesome to use with cluster cruisers or missile launchers. basically any ship that creates smaller ships in your own c3. or mass of these ships combined with a few shockwave cruisers will work also.

i haven't used it though, i can't say if it is balanced. its a bit tricky ship, thats for sure : )
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » All existing Technologies » gravo gun pack
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: