Register
CONEJO's Journey on SpaceTrace
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » CONEJO's Journey on SpaceTrace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: CONEJO's Journey on SpaceTrace

I was advised to start a thread here for little wierd tidbits I would need in my first days here, so this is my thread.

My first question I suppose, is what units are good for defensive purposes? If I were to want to build a FULL fleet for JUST defense, what would it be made up of? I am only wondering just in case someone would be throwing everything they have at me and I had enough time to get a good defensive fleet going.

I understand how the randomness goes, as well as how the ship classes and all that work, but I am just wondering what a defensive fleet would look like: would it have a ton of fighters? destroyers? is there a class or ship I should focus on that works good in this regard?

Thanks a lot, and I hope this thread becomes useful for both me and other newbies that are around the forums in search of answers.
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Luckly i saw you had a battle yesterday.
If you want you should put the score etc.
Here you dont have defensve ships or attack ships. This is different to anygame
If somebody attacks you with all his mp he may destroy your buildings. To defense your self just put the ships at your base.

It always depend on the ships of the enemy so you dont know wich ship is best.
 Back to top »
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:

How did you see that I had a battle? and what should I do with the score?

Rubens wrote:

Alright, so what if the other person is fighting with 25+ Class 3's? What should I use against them?

Is the classes made in the classic: C1 kills C2 best, C2 kills C3 best, and C3 kills C4 best etc?

Thanks for all your help!
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject:

Try this.......in basic ships...it takes 10 c1 ships to kill 1 c2 ship. It take 10 c2 ships to kill 1 c3 ship. C4 ships are required to travel in space along with your c1, c2, c3, ships generally speaking, Special ships are exempt.

what is more important is HOW the ships fight. Not "how" as in wether it uses a shock ray or a stun pulse but in the battle order itself.
Always the order starts in the c1 and progresses to the c4 as last battle in a meeting.

IF THERE IS NO SHIPS IN THE CLASS YOU WANT TO FIGHT, THE BATTLE AUTOMATICALLY ADVANCES TO THE NEXT CLASS.

so.... if you attack a fleet of 20 c3's only with a "balanced" fleet...say 1000 c1's 100 c2's 10 c3's and 1 mothership, all your ships will try to fight the adversary fleet of c3's but if adversary also had 1 c1 and 1 c2 ship, your 1000 c1 ships would fight enemy c1 only, your c2 would fight enemy c2 only and your c3 would fight against enemy c3 only.

Go for a spin around, always keep 1 ship of each type in your base to protect it ( using rules of engagement above mentioned) and dividing your ships into 2 fleets rather than keeping them in 1 fleet is more effective in defence and attack...once again due to the battle rules and batttle pause that happens after a ship has fought.

This is a small example and look through the manual again in the battle section for a better explaination
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

what actually determines how many c1's it takes to kill a c2 or a c3 ship depends on the Attack Point/ Life point of the ships involved.
For instance if I had a c1 ship that had ap/lp 2/1 against a c3 ship that has ap/lp of 100/100, it would take 50 c1 ships to kill the 1 c3 ship and if the c1 ship ap/lp was 1/1 , it would take 100 fighters.
Some ships have special abilities but the special abilities comes with penalities. The basic ships are the best ships untill you get the hang of battle
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:

Try two balanced fleets, that can deter most attackers, make them strong in one class, and one of them should score, a single fleet can always be attacked by an experienced player.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject:

Conejo wrote:
Rubens wrote:

How did you see that I had a battle? and what should I do with the score?

Rubens wrote:

Alright, so what if the other person is fighting with 25+ Class 3's? What should I use against them?

Is the classes made in the classic: C1 kills C2 best, C2 kills C3 best, and C3 kills C4 best etc?

Thanks for all your help!

Because i saw the signature of battle at the begining of ST that said "conejo" vs somebody...I think the only one with a username as conejo would be you.

I think you should put the battle report here and discuss what you understand and what you dont and how to beat even better the fleet or defend your self from that

The words of my universe teammates are true. What soyder said is important to keep in mind. An experienced player can alway get pts from your fleets.

DOn doubt in ask more;)
 Back to top »
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:

DOn doubt in ask more;)

I'll take you up on that, thanks.

What happens when you lose your shipyard and all your facilities? When that happens whats the best thing to do?

How can you effectively destroy someone else's facilities?

Thanks
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject:

Facilities= building right?
When you lose your shipyard you cant make new ships. Yo have to rebuild the shipyard and it takes 24h. If you research center is destroyed you cant research new thing.
There is nothing good to do, just rebuild it.

The defensive array once it is destroyed you can not rebuild it.
Remember a TWG is just usefull when you are in an alliance of 2 o rmore members. After you rebuild the shipyard you can rebuild the TWG

If a base is empty as more AP(attack power) you have it would be more easy to destroy the base.

Remember

3000 fighters= 3000 ap by 3000 mp
30 cruseros = 3000 ap by 1800 mp.

Well now is time to sleep. Hope astrolayer dosnt hit hard my base while i am sleeped
 Back to top »
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject:

Let me get this straight: So the more attack power you have the better your chance at destroying the base? So to use up less MP it would be better to use cruisers to attack a base?

One minor thing: is there any way to alter the alliance password once you have made it and the alliance has been formed? now that my alliance is formed and everything I want to know if I can change the password just in case someone proves unloyal. Thanks
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:

you can always alter your alliance pass in your HQ screen.it is advisable to do so in order to protect your self from spies.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Conejo wrote:
Let me get this straight: So the more attack power you have the better your chance at destroying the base? So to use up less MP it would be better to use cruisers to attack a base?

Right
But thats just with basic, remember you can reseacrh ships

-359 But i was sleep, the revenge will be soonXD

Conejo whats your score now? DO you have many incomings?
 Back to top »
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:

Conejo whats your score now? DO you have many incomings?

My score is currently 164

And yea, I had an incoming of a bum who tried to destroy what I had at home. I pulled my major fleet home and defended against him (although losing a massive amount of points in the process) and now I am trying to build up to go and assualt him, but I dont know where his fleet went.

I dont really play for points though, I play for the strategy and the fun of destroying things
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject:

lol
Well AstroSlayer took -359 of some ships at my home. then i got 1k pts destroying the fleet

The point is defending your buildings and thats all. As you dont know with what somebody will attack you you can defend the base with the entire fleet

Now, do you know how to use the probes? DO you see the player that attacked you at your comlist?

Even if you know it: the best way to know what the enemy has is using Deep Scan Probes.(see description) Then you see if his fleet is at his base and you know what he has builded.

Keep us informed and good to know you are enjoying the game
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

Conejo wrote:

Well, true and not true, you have to clear the base of ships before you can kill it with anything.

If you build lotsa cruisers you will be a popular target for others, cruisers make for good scoring.

Dutchbatter once debased me by attacking my 1 1 1 base defense with a 2 2 2 attack followed by an 80 cruiser fleet. I bet he had a laugh about that.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Got a question of my own

Suppose you got 3 fleets and you take a simultaneous eta on you with with 3 fleets. Should a total of 9 battles (each one battling the 3 others) occur or just 3 (one battles one other and merely sets attack timers on the other two)? From experience the latter seems to be true, although I have only a few 2 fleet simultaneous eta's as examples.

When I 1st started playing I took advantage of a loophole without really being aware I was doing so. I retal'ed on a base using 3 fleets against 4 (inc. the base fleet) won the 1st battles (each fleet battling one other fleet and one of them also battling the base). I then withdrew and turned back. 4 more battles occured (each fleet battling one it did not before and a fleet that did not battle the base before doing so) and then again for even 4 more Needless to say I pounded every ship and structure flat.
Normally I would not hit so much but, this one had bashed me just 2 hours after coming out of np 2 days earlier.

Also, not sure if this would work anymore, the other fleets seem to set conflict timers on the fleets they do not battle on the 1st eta in this scenario.

Also since I have an player eta'ed on me while in newbie protection I need to know if a conflict timer was set on his eta or if it is set on his exit of np? Or if a conflict timer was even set at all :S Seems like this could become a problem if he can battle me at will simply by exiting np. And if a conflict timer was set on the eta which occured in the early am my time, then I got to be up for the next two days, depart (not wanting to do that), or just battle a fleet I cant read on dsp beforehand (not a real problem, just an annoyance and not the way I like to do this).
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:

Even if you know it: the best way to know what the enemy has is using Deep Scan Probes.(see description) Then you see if his fleet is at his base and you know what he has builded.

Keep us informed and good to know you are enjoying the game

Yea I have a couple DSPs now out and looking around... my only question with those are will they constantly relay accurate data to me until I destroy them?

I will be honest and come out and say that I didnt originally expect to enjoy this game at all. When I found out that you really cant EXPAND I thought that was a limitation I could not live with. I would be completely O.K. with being able to conquer worlds, but remain the same MP nonetheless, its just the conquering part I am drawn to: not so much the rewards. But I have moved past this limitation and pushed myself to remain active and interested.

So far I have remained interested, and this game has given me some interesting surprises, but I will be honest and say that I am only hopeing that it will retain my interest and keep me in it even after my fights with this other player and the surrounding inactive players dies out...
Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Got a question of my own

DavAlan wrote:

Also since I have an player eta'ed on me while in newbie protection I need to know if a conflict timer was set on his eta or if it is set on his exit of np? Or if a conflict timer was even set at all :S Seems like this could become a problem if he can battle me at will simply by exiting np. And if a conflict timer was set on the eta which occured in the early am my time, then I got to be up for the next two days, depart (not wanting to do that), or just battle a fleet I cant read on dsp beforehand (not a real problem, just an annoyance and not the way I like to do this).

This makes me think of another question for you 'Advanced Helpers of the Newbies': How do you know when someone has Newbie Protection still? Do they have an icon next to their name or maybe a certain color? How do you know they are still being protected or are newly created?
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Got a question of my own

[quote="Conejo"]
DavAlan wrote:

This makes me think of another question for you 'Advanced Helpers of the Newbies': How do you know when someone has Newbie Protection still? Do they have an icon next to their name or maybe a certain color? How do you know they are still being protected or are newly created?

It shows on dsp like this....

a fleet signature of xxxx of xxxx detected
at xxx/xxx/xx but still in protection mode

It also does not give the vector components for a fleet (in np) in motion forcing me to create a new vector calculator function to extract the components from 2 readings taken 30m or so apart
They are just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I will be honest and come out and say that I didnt originally expect to enjoy this game at all. When I found out that you really cant EXPAND I thought that was a limitation I could not live with. I would be completely O.K. with being able to conquer worlds, but remain the same MP nonetheless, its just the conquering part I am drawn to: not so much the rewards. But I have moved past this limitation and pushed myself to remain active and interested.

You will find this game differ's in that more time on the keyboard does not translate to bigger armies and greater conquest. It's more like chess where each player has a set limit of manpower and how you use it depends on win or loss. A head game for sure as opposed to more time spent on the keyboard = bigger = better.

The fact that a player cannot be killed is not really a determent, it's an asset. You don't have to worry about being beaten or killed by a bigger army but you can put someone out of action if you choose by not allowing them to research new tech or build ships by destroying thier production facilities and "sitting" on thier base and destroying thier attempts at rebuilding.
It took me a little over an Evo ( 3 months) to become interested to a point where I enjoy the game considerably more than when I first started.

I now say I am glad I persevered and got through the training period. Each Evo is a little more enjoyable for me as I know a little more about the ships I am trying to use
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » CONEJO's Journey on SpaceTrace
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: