-
score in this subbattle: -224
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject:

Here's my best guess Rubans...

Your evaps were triggered by the def array and responded by shooting at the base. I hit shipyard via random selection instead of def array, motherships or research stn
Evaps have no effect on shipyard ???

That's my best guess... I'm sure some buildings are immune to evaps but didn't look at the syntax to confirm

Hell I don't know..... I accept everything that happens and try to figure it out so It don't happen again

Here is the syntax...looks like the evaps have no effect on shipyard

battle details:

1. fights
(battle engine syntax: f)
2. if this ships LP or AP are increased or decreased it modifies LP by -5000 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class but some ships and buildings are immune against this effect
battlemessage: "evaporator destroys ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: trigger_plus@kill,enemy,1,this,all,evaporator destroys)
3. trigger_destroy it modifies LP by -5000 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class but some ships and buildings are immune against this effect
(battle engine syntax: trigger_destroy@kill,enemy,1,this,all,evaporator destroys)
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:

It is not a bug, evaps can kill arrays ms and transwarps, all depends on luck, if they fire at the shipyard first, nothing happens.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
SpaceModerator
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Spyder wrote:
It is not a bug, evaps can kill arrays ms and transwarps, all depends on luck, if they fire at the shipyard first, nothing happens.

But sometimes it attacks the shipyard, and some others say that this situation is the buggy one and the situation where the evaps kill all buildings is the right one.

Are you completely sure that this is the normal situation and that it is a bug when SY and RC die?
 Back to top »
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

shipyard and research center ar immune to every type of modification.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Spyder wrote:

Indeed. And major reconstructor.

But there is a problem...
@T2 No, the evaps arent trigered by the DA because the DA hasnt that kind of syntax
@SpaceModerator...yes it would be a bug
@Kame true words

...The problem is that 1 evaporator attacks 1 shipyard. The SY is inmune to the attack but the others evaporators must had to attack the RC, the DA, the TWG and the MR.

The only posibilitie. If the evaporator fire at the shipyard and it dosnt destroys it, all the evaporators will attack the SY too?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Rubans. Your right about the evaps not being triggered with the Def Array. Def Array would kill them outright I think.

The part I don't get is then....what triggered the Evap to fire at the base ?
I understand that they line up and keep firing at whatever triggered the ap change until it's destroyed and luck has it that it turned out to be a shipyard but what triggered them to fire to start?

I also didn't know about the reconstructor being immune. I never have good luck with Evaps and need to know more on how they work but I do know working well, they are "hell with wings" and not used properly they cost lots of points
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Thanks Rubans. Your right about the evaps not being triggered with the Def Array. Def Array would kill them outright I think.

The part I don't get is then....what triggered the Evap to fire at the base ?
I understand that they line up and keep firing at whatever triggered the ap change until it's destroyed and luck has it that it turned out to be a shipyard but what triggered them to fire to start?

I also didn't know about the reconstructor being immune. I never have good luck with Evaps and need to know more on how they work but I do know working well, they are "hell with wings" and not used properly they cost lots of points

The evap fought the base. But it dosnt modifies the lp of the RC and SY cuz they are inmune.

No the reconstructor isnt inmune. When i refered about it i tryed to say the evap ALSO destroys the MR;)

Well hope you get some clasess here:P
 Back to top »
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

look it s really simple:

DA triggered evaps

1 evap targetted base but didn't destroy it.

other evaps kept on hitting the base as ships will not stop attacking the same ship/building until it dies.

shipyard was never destroyed.

You killed nothing.

The End
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
battle details:multiplies AP and LP by 0/0 of 50 ships of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in class 1 but some ships are immune against destruction
battlemessage: "defensive array defends in class 1: ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: destroy,enemy,50,1,all,defensive array defends in class 1
multiplies AP and LP by 0/0 of 10 ships of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in class 2 but some ships are immune against destruction
battlemessage: "defensive array defends in class 2: ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: destroy,enemy,10,2,all,defensive array defends in class 2
multiplies AP and LP by 0/0 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in class 3 but some ships are immune against destruction
battlemessage: "defensive array defends in class 3: ... ships"
(battle engine syntax: destroy,enemy,1,3,all,defensive array defends in class 3

Well DA didnt trigered evap. The DA modified the lp of the evap. So all of them were activited.
The evaps should modifie the lp of any ship but it didnt.

1-Why they would attack the shipyard 7 times? when the description says it destroy 1 ship. It dosnt say that it is like a basic ship that attacks the same enemy till it's dead.
2-How the hell can i know that all the evaps attacked the Shipyard or the Research Center? Cuz at the Sub-battle it just says that the evaps fought normally vs the SY. (5 evaps=5 ap).

...?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well DA didnt trigered evap. The DA modified the lp of the evap. So all of them were activited.

Using the word "trigger" I perhaps should have said "modified". I use the two terms interchangeable in this context.

So....I must refresh my memory on the Def array AP/. and Evap /LP The Def array obviously didn't kill the evaps before they went off !
 Back to top »
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

i explained it. triggered means caused to activate. the DA modified them and they activated so they triggered. I explained it fully don t argue with me I'm right

It doesn t say basic ships attack the ame ship until its dead either so why should it say anything with evaps?!
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Ok, as the admin dosnt answe i will have to believe you. Thanks

Because the evaps have at their syntax the "f" it means they fight. And they fight vs a Shipyard till it is destroyed. But the basic ships havent the extra function of the evap. So i think the effect goes just to 1 ship, it dosnt matter if it destroyed. Well it has always happen like that.

Well what i still dont understand is, why if the evaporator was trigered it wasnt said by the BR!!!!! It could be the RC or it could attack first a ship or the DA or TWG(5/7 of posibilities!)
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

i think the answer is much simpler:
battle syntax wrote:
if this ships LP or AP are increased or decreased it modifies LP by -5000 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class but some ships and buildings are immune against this effect
(battle engine syntax: trigger_plus@kill,enemy,1,this,all,evaporator destroys)

this means the same class like the evap = class 1

am i right?
 Back to top »
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

if it would only fight versus class 1, it would be useless.

iif the evap gets modified, it kills 1 ship in the same class it was fighting.

so if it was fighting versus class 1 and it gets killed by a fighter, it will target a class 1 ship.
same for class 2.

if you are fighting class 3, and you get modified by a cruiser, you will kill 1 class 3 ship. if all let's say 40 evaps are modified by a cyclops, there will be 40 class 3 ships killed.
Metody I The Evil
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

It acts more like a mine.

If the def-array modifies it, while the enemy has ships in c2,c3 etc. it goes straight for the def-array unless of course shipyard/RC etc. get in the way. Got mine taken out last evo with an evap, and returned the favour with an evap as well... Though both were unintentional (offline battles etc.)

The only way to describe it's effect in simple terms, is to say that it acts NOT just in the class IT's fighting; It acts in the class WHERE the fight is

I'm more interested in what happens if it gets modified by a ship of it's own fleet - say, an intruder, or a kamikaze even. Though I've never tried it - if it indeed acts then as well - and it should, according to the battle-syntax description - intruder/evap or kamikaze/evap would be the ultimate c3 killer (provided you take out c1 c2 of course previously) as even ordinary cruisers won't escape.
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

I have had fun modifying evaps with sporators, it works, they destroy x amount of enemy ships.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I've had it told to me that a evaporator fleet mixed in with intruders makes a great c3 killer fleet. Soon as the intruders modify the evap...they start to let fire at any and all c3's of the enemy's of course destroying them. Certainly a wonderful swank eater if used in the right porportions I would guess.
 Back to top »
Metody I The Evil
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject:

Indeed... provided that,of course, the enemy has no c1 and c2 - the evap acts in the class battle where it gets modified, so if c3 is the target, a c1 vs c3 combat is necessary
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

Metody I The Evil wrote:
It acts more like a mine.

If the def-array modifies it, while the enemy has ships in c2,c3 etc. it goes straight for the def-array unless of course shipyard/RC etc. get in the way. Got mine taken out last evo with an evap, and returned the favour with an evap as well... Though both were unintentional (offline battles etc.)

The only way to describe it's effect in simple terms, is to say that it acts NOT just in the class IT's fighting; It acts in the class WHERE the fight is

I'm more interested in what happens if it gets modified by a ship of it's own fleet - say, an intruder, or a kamikaze even. Though I've never tried it - if it indeed acts then as well - and it should, according to the battle-syntax description - intruder/evap or kamikaze/evap would be the ultimate c3 killer (provided you take out c1 c2 of course previously) as even ordinary cruisers won't escape.

Wrong.
If a DA modifies an evaporator and the base of the DA has class 1 ships.
Those evaporators will kill the class 1
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » evaporator vs defensive
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: