Register
Attack codes
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Attack codes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renee Davis
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Attack codes

A little newbie advice. Get the attack codes right as a priority, any error can result is something like this...

your fleet 1 fights against fleet 1 from DavAlan of ArcataCal at xxx/xxx/xx
28.12 12:34:09 - your fleet arrived
28.12 10:06:44 - the enemy fleet arrived
score: -506

A small typo and I accidently kicked my boyfriend INTO the top 10

for attack codes see
http://wiki.spacetrace.org/index.php/Attitude/
 Back to top »
Tough Guy
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject:

I forgot to change my attitude once and attacked my MTWG, good thimg the fleets had only motherships.
Aundar

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: How get attack codes?

I hear everyone talking about attack codes, how do I get one?
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject:

you type one in the little box in your fleets windows. you can choose blue red or a code, ie a word nobody else knows. you then hit the moderate button and you will recieve a message saying your fleets will attack anyone without the code ---

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject:

Slightly off topic but still in the realm of Newb help...
I was going through the forum of old Newb help topics.
Many of the header topics are non-descriptive of the type of data I am looking for.
Consequently I am faced with sifting through many topic's (actually hundreds) that are labeled "Help Wanted" or similar such headers.

Is it possible to lump all posts into 1 topic such as "Attack Codes" and every post that has meaningful info regarding attack codes be placed there.

I understand that due to the massive amount of posts involved, this job would be extremely tedious for 1 person to "straighten " it up however,
anyone have any ideas to how this job could be accomplished with a little help from everyone?

It may help new players and avoid them trying to read the hundreds of posts that do not pertain to attack codes when a new player does try to research info to help them understand
I also see in some of these old posts why so many people have given up on St after they played for a short time.

They would ask questions in a frusterated state after getting the snot beat out of them in battle and then get beat again in the forum for not understanding why they lost a perticular battle.

Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject:

To add to spyder's explaination if I may, I just had a good lesson in attack codes.

Attack codes are a random word chosen by an alliance to be entered in your fleet . This code identifies you to the battle server as a member or ally of someone else who shares that same "word' or code.
You may ask "why do that... shouldn't all members of an alliance be on peace terms with each other and not have to enter some code?"

Placing an attack code for everyone allows you to beat up someone else who may be in your alliance eg: a spy or sabateur. It also allows 2 different alliances or players from different alliance to work together for a common goal such as overtaking a score planet.

A little word of warning...attack codes are case sensitive in the alliance screen where the alliance code is input however, in the fleet screen it is not. The fleet screen attack code defaults to lower case letters even if you input your code in capitals.
Never use upper case letters in the alliance "set code" input box or your buddies will end up all fighting each other due to the lower case default in the fleet menu.
That was the 35,000 point mistake that PFIU encountered when protecting the TLC flag.
Also never use a mtwg while your attack code is active or you will destroy the mtwg. Always set fleet to defence.
A sure way to make enemies within your alliance is to blow up someones 1500 point mtwg.
 Back to top »
Star Commander
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

An attack code should be hard for other alliances and other people to guess, i think you might find something about it in the manual if you take alook if you need any additional help ingame dont forget to look with people with stars to the left of there name
Tough Guy
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

i had a attack code that only differenced one letter rom somebody else and i was able to pas by him becuase of a typo of his!
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
To add to spyder's explaination if I may, I just had a good lesson in attack codes.

Attack codes are a random word chosen by an alliance to be entered in your fleet . This code identifies you to the battle server as a member or ally of someone else who shares that same "word' or code.
You may ask "why do that... shouldn't all members of an alliance be on peace terms with each other and not have to enter some code?"

Placing an attack code for everyone allows you to beat up someone else who may be in your alliance eg: a spy or sabateur. It also allows 2 different alliances or players from different alliance to work together for a common goal such as overtaking a score planet.

A little word of warning...attack codes are case sensitive in the alliance screen where the alliance code is input however, in the fleet screen it is not. The fleet screen attack code defaults to lower case letters even if you input your code in capitals.
Never use upper case letters in the alliance "set code" input box or your buddies will end up all fighting each other due to the lower case default in the fleet menu.
That was the 35,000 point mistake that PFIU encountered when protecting the TLC flag.
Also never use a mtwg while your attack code is active or you will destroy the mtwg. Always set fleet to defence.
A sure way to make enemies within your alliance is to blow up someones 1500 point mtwg.

You can also use numbers. And caps are usefull

Since a while ago the last information is false. If you are in the alliance of the mTWG and you go in attack code you wont fight it.
Nice explanation t2.
I think what you sugeested is at the FAQs and manual, but nobody reads it;)
 Back to top »
lilkrnboi1018
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

wait, wat? wen u have an attack code, u still fight ur alliance MTWG, i've killed my own many times like dat hehe

Gotta love the Magnum (RE 0-3)
Or the Eagle (RE 3)
Leader of DEFIANCE
The grounds are soaked... with your blood!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Last time i didnt kill it. And i think in that way is more usefull, cuz its your own one. Isnt it usefull?
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject:

I think you can still kill it that way, maybe you had a ship that had pause with it.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

Nop. It was in SM. At liderant base i think. Or maybe in WoC but i was surprised too, but i didnt fight it. Lets see in this account.
I tell u guys later
 Back to top »
T-2

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You can also use numbers. And caps are usefull

Can you give me an example how caps can be usefull. I have given it some thought but can't come up with anything
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Cuz there is less chance that a spy knows your attack-code. is more usefull and secure;)
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Attack codes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: