Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
planets with a battle simulator zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » planets with a battle simulator zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limsky
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject:

While flying to the test planet with a test fleet will the home planet be vanulable (open) to attacks?
I prefer a simulator at own planet where no flying is required. Yes it will change the whole game play. Each fleet will be harder to beat.
 Back to top »
Lord Philemon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject:

Everytime you attack a person your base will be attackable (btw it also is when your fleets are there ). You just have to leave a small base fleet at home, where's the problem?
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject:

I have done battle testing which is like a similar situation to a simulator, I have to say, it is really nothing like real gameplay.i
I think the best way to learn about the ships, is to attack someone and learn from the results.

Gochi
Midshipman

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject:

In real game if you attack somebody for testing, maybe you can earn "points", but if you send your fleet to a "simulator planet".. you haven't ot any adventage, don't earn "points" and leave your planet alone.
I think a way is to make a simulator apart..
Any opinion ?
 Back to top »
limsky
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject:

Gochi -- don't forget that when testing new ships or new fleets we make all sort of combinations to see which one work best. In doing so you will loose points more often than gain points.
Cpt Starlight when you attack someone you get more kicks. But every one you attack has different fleet structure. So you can't find the best fleet combination.
 Back to top »
Lord Philemon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject:

But it won't help you if you fight in a simulator zone. If your fleet doesn't work in "real" game, what is it then good for? Even if it works in the simulator zone, the real enemies as you said all have different combinations, haven't they. But every fleet combination has at least one or two counterfleets. The point is to find out the enemies possible combination and then attack with a counterfleet, because there is no best fleet combination, only maybe a best combination for a certain situation.
I think the simulator is good to learn how fights work but I don't think you can learn to make a perfect fleet using it.
 Back to top »
Bean
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:58 am    Post subject:

This was the one topic tat comes close to what i wanted to ask without haveing to start a new topic, but here i go, could the transwarp gate for the guest accounts be dissabled or taken away, cause i don't think anyone is going to get close to another planet other than the other guest account, it made me mad cause i wanted to try out and idea for a fleet and i need to research some stuff first, but someone was researching the transwarp gate like they were going to join an allience (i already caught someone trying to have access of everybody joined in thier allience) but anywho, it just makes me kind of angry cause you can't really test anything out with the guest accounts cause everyone can access them and move stuff around
 Back to top »
Lord Philemon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Well the guest account is no test account for players... It's for newcomers so they can see how the game works. And as the guest account can't fight you won't be able to test a fleet with it anyway...
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Hey Phil, the guest account can fight now
Access fights enemy of access. Its cool.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » planets with a battle simulator zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: