Letters to the Editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » GNN Breaking News » Letters to the Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galactic News Network-GNN
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Letters to the Editor

Welcome to the GNN Letters to the Editors program!

Here, you may discuss anything about GNN news. Error correction, praise, blame, excuses, etc., are all welcome here.

If you wish to comment upon any GNN broadcast, simply quote our story here, and speak your peace.

GNN Public Relations Manager Slim Rypher will be here to discuss with you anything relating to GNN or GNN broadcasts.

"Letters to the Editor" is now open...

Last edited by Galactic News Network-GNN on Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject:

ok , now everybody can post here
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:

even guests
 Back to top »
Knight
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject:

The Flying Dutchman [TFD] score: 69100 rel. score: 74900

They climbed to the top

A new ICP member (me)

Great news, keep on broadcasting, maybe broadcast some space weather (with comets, black hole's ect. ect.)

The Mario Reloaded
 Back to top »
mysterio2465
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: hello GNN

i think that you could do a lot more in the news that you are doing. come up with something more than just interviews. i mean news has it's interviews and everything but don't just go on one person's saying get your facts in order.

mysterio
dakingnl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Slim Rypher, GNN PR
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: hello GNN

mysterio2465 wrote:
i think that you could do a lot more in the news that you are doing. come up with something more than just interviews. i mean news has it's interviews and everything but don't just go on one person's saying get your facts in order.

mysterio

Sir, Im Slim Rypher, GNN Public Relations manager.

As GNN is only a news broadcasting entity, I have been hired on to assist with public relations.

GNN does the best job it possibly can. The problem lies in the fact that most alliances are very secretive, and refuses to share information with GNN.

All GNN needs to cover the news is your input. Each and every one of you. We are not asking for your ingame names, in fact, GNN tries to name only forum names, to keep secret identities intact. We are not asking for coords, and we will never broadcast coords over the air. We are certainly not asking for battle plans, and we do not want you to send them.

We are asking you for your stories. Examples of what we need:

Having problems with a player in your allaince?
Is your leader the best?
Just had a good battle? A bad one?
Did your alliance just take a scoreplanet? A flag?
Do you have a new alliance that you want announced?

There are a thousand more questions I could ask here, but I do not have to. You know what we do, and what we need.

GNN news started as an exercize in creative writing, and was an attempt at stirring the pot a bit. The admin of Spacetrace loved many elements of the broadcasts, and we have been conversing quite a bit.

GNN would like to become an all-around good source of information and documentation. The admin made us a great game, and now we at GNN feel that we owe it to them to do a good job.

If we get no cooperation from the players of ST, GNN news WILL fail.

We are asking for representatives from each alliance to help share the news. New players will come in and read about what has happened, and it would be great to document everything for years. It will also be good for old players returning to see what has been happening while they were absent.

GNN understands that some may not like their broadcasts. Well tough &*%$. The admin wants it to be a regular part of their game now, so we had better live with it. If you refuse to share your side of the story, then your side won't be part of the news, and will be forgotten.

GNN only posts in their thread now, and they never respond to players anyways, as it would break character. I will feel free to discuss ST and GNN issues wherever they arise, in any topic necessary.

I will now accept questions and coments.

You, in the second row. Do you have a question?
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject:

Dear Editor:
I really enjoy your articles in the GNN and the pics are hilarious.
I'm sure it must be a incredible job trying to sort through those battle reports and make sense of the fighting.
I;m sure if you talk to the right people, you could trade all those unused mp for a few more probes. I'll bet that would help with your research and verification of stories.
Perhap's it is something the whole community might use from time to time.
Not too sure what a probe would be worth in mp terms but I'll toss out about 700 mp / probe. Do you think this idea is worth posting in another thread to discuss it's merits?
 Back to top »
Galactic News Network-GNN
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject:

Due to the lengthy and editorialized nature of the following letter, it cannot be broadcast within the GNN newshour.

However, the letter is here printed in its entirety due to it's relevance to many forum topics, proving its importance to the ST GNN viewers:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- OFFICIAL ICP ANNOUNCEMENT -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ministry of Truth informs:

After being victim of a cowardice attack a couple of days ago, where the honourless highlander to a shot at the base of the Duke. Showing his pathetic nature and lack of character - which qualifies him to be a member of the sissy-organization TO - he waited till the Duke only had a 1-1-1 fleet home, and then took a shot. Off cause not even a defenceless homebase of the Duke could leave the highlander victorous - he left with a minus !!!!

The Duke, getting a little soft with the age, decided to give the highlander a oppurtunity to win a little honour. The Duke faced the highlander at his homeplanet, which was guarded with all the manpower of the Highlander. Facing the cowardice and honourless highlander the Duke gave him the opportunity to prove him self. But all his manpower could not prevent the Duke wiping his homebase out: Not one building stands !!!!!

The Duke hereby hopes that the Highlander learns from the little lesson he was taught: War is for men, not scared loosers who hide themselfes in faked organizations as TO, and honourless nOObs who attack defenceless bases. An honourable whiping away of the base is where it is guarded with all available manpower!

Short: Stay away from the Duke, Highlander, you were taught a lesson, and you better watch out it want be worse the next time !!! And to your sissy friends: I spit on TO and your incdapability

The ICP and Te Emperor for ever !!!!!!

- The Duke ! -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official ICP Announcement
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject:

GNN is fun to read, I agree. But it's a shame that it isn't impartial. You're just ICP propaganda.
 Back to top »
case
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject:

thats all the press it, the mouth of the persion who pays for it
good job gnn
 Back to top »
Star Commander
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Excellent job GNN.
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject:

Lets see , the the honourless highlander was on a mission to capture the ICP flag . a mission given to him by his Leader . He went on searching first visited The Home base of the Duke with 2 fleets made 1 small fleet to go and look if the Duke had the Flag , but he didn't .
So The Highlander had no use of taking out the base of the Duke because that wasn't the reason of his mission , alltough he had enough MP with him to take it out .

Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject:

So the Highlander went on with his mission to capture the ICP flag . He went to "the emperor "with the same fleets checked his base with a small fleet as well ,and there it was ICP flag went in with his 2 fleet took ICP flag , mission completed ! ! ! Also the Emperor went running away with his fleet ( what he always does when -TO- wants to visit him) so he left his base open for me , almost handed out your flag to me . Now that is what I call honourless being the FC and the first attack run away and leave your flag un protected

So if I realy was that honourless I would had taking out the Dukes base but it had no value to me and it wasn't my mission.

These things can happen when your alliance is well organised and all members do every thing accordeing to plans , and this is something most alliances don't do so they never can beat -TO-

@ the Duke so go on and Brag about you smashed my base .
But as long as you can't fight as a team you will never become a good alliance , Only words are not enough , 1 won battle ( you didn't even won this battle on points) doesn't make you win the war

I hope all of you in ICP enjoy your stay in the other alliances list . That is what -TO- promised you to put you in minus and that is what we have done , another mission completed.

Greetz Connor also known in ICP ranks as the honourless Highlander

Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject:

You are doing a good Job GNN , keep it up

Greetz Connor

Back to top »
Anon De Mouse
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I agree I give you two thumbs up

just as long as you dont *** out like you did against TO

Back to top »

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Mmm, propaganda... why hasn't TO got sth like it? Wait! Don't answer. TO doesn't need any propaganda, their succes speaks for itself.

Good job GNN, thnx for the time you put in it.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject:

No Repley from ICP ? ? ? ? ? ?
Well that is what I thought no balls no brains
can't help it that ICP sucks even your own members are leaving because of lack of organisation in there .
Ihr seit scheise , jungs
Sorry for me speaking German
What kind of fairytale are you going to put up now

Greetz Connor and specialy for ICP schone Grusse ( my keyboard reject to type in german so you guys know there should be a umlaut on schone )

Back to top »
lilkrnboi1018
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject:

well so far i like gnn stories, cept they get a bit long

Gotta love the Magnum (RE 0-3)
Or the Eagle (RE 3)
Leader of DEFIANCE
The grounds are soaked... with your blood!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WilliamWallace
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Where is my interview? I am really looking forward on seeing what you guys made of it.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » GNN Breaking News » Letters to the Editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: