Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:
LOL, so u are atacking the BH? annoying, supously i would fight connor...but i would do it...but he dosnt do anything, so lets wait till friday, and you can set your table;)
Where?Rules?

Why should I do anything about a flying soucer ? ? ? ? ?

Greetz Connor

Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject:

so why the hell havnt u moved ur fleet? i want your base not ur fleets...if you are going to wait that long i am going to make a counter fleet just for u... I just want the first place in both tops at least for 1 second:)
BTW u know hats really funny? we are just fiighting other ppl to see who has more targets i really got impressed when i saw that you have the same fleet that i have..:S:S

BTW, here are4 members of TO and i would like to ask, are u guys triyng to get the BH back?
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

No Rubens, there were only two of us at the Black Hole. And no, we dont want the Hole back, it was only for sport.

And setting coords for a fight proves nothing. It's just like a game of rock-paper-scissors.
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject:

And if you hate the BH so much, why are you watching it?!?!?!
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject:

see, if i destroy the Connor's base in a few hours it means that i've watched him all the time an dthat i was faster but it dosnt mean that i am better.
I think it is just a point of view. If u want to attack my base do it..or whatever but plz wait a few days.

I am not watching it dude. I have an alliance u know?...I call that sharing data;)
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I dont have any plans to attack your base, Rube. You are the one that insulted me, and stated, via an insulting, generalizing, sweeping post, that all -TO- members use predictable fleets, and other vague verbal attacks.

I just told you to put your money where your mouth is. If you do not choose to do so, thats fine with me.

I know the way to a high score is not personal war against an experienced opponent, but it is watching, waiting, and hitting large unattended noob fleets, and those are your words-1. The only challenge I see in that is being quick to throw your dsps up fast enough, and hit all the planets close to each other before returning home to reload, or shipping reinforcements out.

It does seem like an awful lot of work to me, and rather unfulfilling.

footnote
1-"Certainly i have a high score, and we can say that i am a lucky boy that could find somemany noob and many good battle situation"
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Yes but it is not just about killing noobs, is how u kill them..ad shade did the same, and everyone witha a high score does the same.

If i inuslted u i apologize, but when i said predictable is that u are 10 players and you dont give anysurprises
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:
see, if i destroy the Connor's base in a few hours it means that i've watched him all the time an dthat i was faster but it dosnt mean that i am better.
I think it is just a point of view. If u want to attack my base do it..or whatever but plz wait a few days.

I am not watching it dude. I have an alliance u know?...I call that sharing data;)

Well you took my damaged fleets also 1001 points but my base is still up and running not 1 single building was damaged .

Greetz Connor

Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:
Yes but it is not just about killing noobs, is how u kill them..ad shade did the same, and everyone witha a high score does the same.

If i inuslted u i apologize, but when i said predictable is that u are 10 players and you dont give anysurprises

Now I want you to tell me, how it is possible to surprise you when we never had a battle*?

*Except August 9, that doesnt count.
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject:

And one final post, and hopefully this is over...

I had a full year away from Spacetrace. I quit because I got transferred at work, and started working second shift. It was too difficult to dedicate time to ST, as I have obligations to work and my family, #1. I was only playing chess online, because that is very slow paced, and it did not matter if I missed a few days.

Then, one day I visited the forums again, and realized how much I had missed about ST. I started remembering old times, and I got a bit nostalgic.

Attacking a noob fleet, and making off with 4000 points was not what I thought about.

I thought about:
-Me and Darmadon taking out a full BH all by ourselves, day after day.
-Sitting at the BH, and modifying my fleets to accept incomings and surgically dismantle them.
-A five hour chase against Lou of East from West, where we were circling the BH, attacking incomers, all the while taunting each other and trying to outmanoever each other for a battle.
-Creating the "drop method" (Oh, the sweet drop method. RIP, my friend.)
-Figuring out who the mysterious player really was in his new account.
-Finding that set of coords I was looking for.
-Fighting an online player, where you both keep jumping off the planet, trying to land your fleets in the right order.
-Figuring out a new way to get past someone's defenses, like setting your fleets to defense so you rip up the fleets but stay away from the base fleet with the dangerous ships.
-Making an enemy into a trusted ally (this has happened several times, and they became my most trusted mates)
-Fighting someone a couple of times, and have them try to counter YOUR fleet.

There are a lot more reasons, and none of them has to do with getting a top position in score. They have to do with creativity, flexibility, and problem solving.

I really dont want to fight a noob with 25 plasma gunships, or 21 commando fighters.

If my name is not in the top 50 in the hall of fame, so what? I can tell you that everyone that has partnered up with me has appreciated the way I play. And that is why I came back.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject:

Why dont u ally SOAT? maybe u will be remembered but not by ur score.
I have thought that too...I have helped players and i have told many fleet setups.
And when u are saiying that you want to get the BH that means that you want to kill noob, dosnt it?
Com'on be honest, are u telling me that you arent fighting for win pts?Dont u want that u could counter each fleet setup that attacks u at the nebula?
One thing is fight for experiments and the other fight for pts, and youa re doing the 2º one, cuz u never fights when u know ur socre will be negative do u? everyone wants good score

And i dont get ur penultim post, about the surprise i ment a new fleet setup

Did we fight once? when? score?

@Connor, i could score more, like 1800 pts, but i was writing on msn and i missunderstood the time. I mean that i thought i would atatck i 30 mins later, after my flying saucer attacks u...And just with 1 fleet but that didnt happen...LOL i thought i losed but then i realize that i won pts enough cuz i didnt wanted ur basE;) BTW why did u move ur major? that was ur mistake.
And as u can see my points were thanks to my surprise ship:) jsut 10 of them LOL.
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject:

Of course I fight to win.

But if I go a week without going up even five hundred points, I dont really care.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject:

ok discussion over Pm me when u want to battle
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:

Rubens wrote:

BTW why did u move ur major? that was ur mistake.
And as u can see my points were thanks to my surprise ship:) jsut 10 of them LOL.

I didn't have a Major at my base , it where 2 MS I needed 2 fleets to attack . But as you could tell by my fleets there where lots of ships missing , I just got home from an attack .
But what the hack, congrats with your points

Greetz Coonor

Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject:

well indeedit was a good battle, i thought u were so far away and u came inmediatly even then i won some pts.
But believe me it was a good battle, and at least i could figure ou ur fleet setup that is not that similar
Great battle(i will attack u till i get the 1º place over both tops then i take a picture and i would never attack u

Good luck ingame cya.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject:

Well then you got something to do, you will have to attack me till 1 of us reaches 100%
Greetz Connor

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: