Register
emergency traveller helping fleet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » emergency traveller helping fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: emergency traveller helping fleet

we could add a new feature:

if your base got destroyed, you could call for an emergency fleet of the travellers, that arrives with an apostate sphere and kprotects your base for a while until you have built up a new defense
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject:

I love the new idea admin, this would help newbies feel a bit safer and not so overwhelmed when their bases get blown up... I'd suggest making it to where the fleet stayed for about 24hrs (if SY time goes down) or 36hrs (if SY build time stays the same)... there is no need for a newbie or any other player of that matter to have to rebuild there bases every day... nice suggestion...

I also do believe that this will offset and even out the negativity of a player loosing valuable playing time, researches and not to mention the points that could be lost...
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I think a player should protect his own base , if he can't his alliance members should help . Constant base busting is played in wartime , so I say no to this feature

Back to top »
Schmolt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Maybe it could only be activated every 2-3 base busts?
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject:

no, its a bad idea.
why make things complicated?
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I think it should be activated. This would help noobs defend their bases much easier.

Maybe it should only apply to members of TF/IG?
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject:

if this goes ahead, i agree with mj, set it only for the training alliances...
...and, in the end, it's not so bad, i mean you can have extra points for killing 'it' too
Santa of the darkness
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I am not so sure about that idea. Why not invent a shield that activates immediately when the shipyard is destroyed, it could be powered by using the energy released from the explosion created by the shipyard and other buildings.
Working in a similar way to the reconstructors, but in this case generating the shield which should last for 48 hours protecting the base and new fleets under construction. It will also provide cover for the remnants of any other fleets remaining so they can be moved to the base for protection.

While the shield is active it will detect any fleets attacking the base other then alliance coded fleets and destroy them using the energy created from the destroyed fleets to power the shield. During this time the shield would detect all enemy fleets even if they came in defence mode. This would stop the person from sitting at the base in defence mode for 48 hours until the shield dissipates.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Why not invent a ship that protects you from any attack possible so we can all enjoy this game and learn it?
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject:

and of course it's the experienced veteran players who are busting bases daily that don't like the idea...

@ admin - just implement this... it will help out the game tremendously...
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I actually agree with this the battle pause is only 24 hours but if you were to rebuild your shipyard and a new fleet that would take at least 34 hours atm

in the old days we didnt even have to worry about such a thing happening, it was unheard of
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Here are some things I just thought of when talking to dragonlilly.
When will the 'it' fleet leave? Will it automaticly leave when a ship is built?
And what if it is destroyed before anything is built? Will it set course again to the base? And what about cheating? I team up with someone else in an alliance. I let him destroy my base, call 'it' and he comes to destroy it, but on purpose I don't build anything. SO he can keep on destroying to get easy 1k points and hunt score. And are their multiple ships? What if someone calls 'it' and an hour later I do?

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Or even better why not ban people who actually try to play the game and let those who want to learn to play and by doing so farm for free points , go on a high "learning" curve which will last forever.
And then when someone try to stop that "learning" process again ban people so the pupil will have time to "learn"

Simple as cake...It was suggested before...Make parallel world where those who want to "learn"play in a world of no points,no war,no base busting,no nothing and when they feel that they are ready to join the game just make"Now I have learned and I am no longer n.0.0.b and will actually try to play the game rather then change it to fits my needs" options to switch back to real Spacetrace.For the time being let them learn in safe environment.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject:

hmm... something was just brought to my attention... in regards to fellow alliance members possibly using this as a 'cheat' for points...

I'm thinking we use 'IT' as the basic model for the new fleet but rename him something like Helper of the Travellers and not allowing him to gain points for the alliance he sits with or give out credits... but the enemy could always loose points or gain points from killing 'Helper'...

I think this would make it more worthwhile...

@ Failtrip - where does the CGC stand then... we'd be too good for this other world or be picked on constantly in the experienced world??

@ admin - again I reiterate - just please implement this... it will help the game only the vets that are bashing bases are the ones complaining about this...
 Back to top »
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject:

as far as calling for "it" i don't think that would help. someone sends 2 fleets, the first with a ms and 251 penguins, the second with a ms and a thousand penguins. "it" is destroyed by the first fleet, and the second waits around for a new building to destroy. and the attacker gains points. and since this takes up less than 2000 mp, the attacker can build a second penguin fleet to send while the first one is waiting for a building to be completed.

about the shield-thing, if it is approved, there should be a symbol in the com-list (like when a planet is cloaked) to let players know their fleet with be destroyed if they attack. also, it should be like wormholes where you don't lose points for destroyed ships. and i also think that this should only be activated when a shipyard is destroyed, not a research center. and like previously said, the duration of the shielding should depend on if sy build times are changed or not
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:

@ Failtrip - where does the CGC stand then... we'd be too good for this other world or be picked on constantly in the experienced world??

Where do you think you fit with your "learning" needs?Obvious in parallel universe so you can learn.Isnt that what you want.Have a peace time so you can learn?

Admin while your at it install battle cruiser so If "learning" player is under attacked he can build 10 of them.

This is now taken to absurd hight...
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
Where do you think you fit with your "learning" needs?Obvious in parallel universe so you can learn.Isnt that what you want.Have a peace time so you can learn?

This is NOT what I'm asking for... and this isn't what this topic is about... if you'd stay in the MSN convo... that we're having right now maybe you'd be in the loop a bit...
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject:

What you are talking about is n.0.0.b talk.If you would stick to the game and really play it you would recognize it as a n00b talk.I dont need to be in a loop for OMG IT defending of my base....

This now has become even more absurd.

BTW "VETS" do you remember when you joined the game and every time you failed at something or you lost a battle you actually wanted to invent something like battle ship cruiser or any other thing that would over come your problem but you resisted the urge and kept on because you found the game interesting to play

Last edited by Failtrip1 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject:

@ failtrip... according to the older veterans of the game there was NEVER this much bashing going on as XYZ is doing to the CGC newbies... so sit down and look around... deal with it...
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject:

You all should be bashed to oblivion...taking no.1 spot one round earlier automatically booted you out of newbie rank and right into n.0.0.b rank.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » emergency traveller helping fleet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: