Register
a little help

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » a little help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lol Rok
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: a little help

I am glad you joined SpaceTrace. Have a look around. First read the manual (http://manual.spacetrace.org/)

and then this mail.

1. LOGIN

Go to http://www.spacetrace.org and login. You can change the language

2. NAVIGATION

You have different submenu's on your navigation-panel;

Com, Fleets

HQ, Probes

Production, Research

Manual

Com: It displays your Com-List (the players in the galaxy). You can send PROBES to

explore and discover other players and planets.

HQ: Here is your HeadQuarter stationed. You can look at yuor score, you can set your preferences here, change your

password, make a nice planet description, add a picture for a planet, make or join an alliance,

ect. ect. ect.

Production: Here do you create ships with your shipyard. If your shipyard is destroyed by a

battle you cant create ships for a time.

Manual: This will open a new Internet-Explorer window with the Manual in it.

Research: Here is your Research centre stationed, you can Reasearch Ships, a few Buildings,

and basic research (with more basic research you can acces more ships). Like the shipyard

your Research centre can be destroyed.

Probes: Here do you send Probes in Space to discover and spy other players.

Fleets: This is the place where you manage your spaceships and your fleets. You can have

3 fleets at a time but with the Final Exploration Research you only have 2 fleets, and you

can have 4 probes instead of 3 probes.

3. COORDINATES

Coordinates (coords) indicate where a players planet or another place is. You need coords to send

probes and you fleets. NEVER GIVE YOUR COORDS AWAY, EXEPT WHEN YOU CAN TRUST THAT PERSON.

4. RACES

E-Ray: This is a photonic lifeform (like hologrammes). They can research Holo-Technology to

Simulate whole fleets.

Mycilloid: The Mycilloids are a Fungus lifeform. They act like mushrooms but then much more

smarter. They have special technology that enables them to reconstruct ships (a sort of reviving).

Kazuuula; The Kazuuula are an insectoid lifeform (just a bunch of bugs you cant swat easy). They

are experts on the fields of Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) (used to jam electric systems).

Humans: This lifeform is a humanoid race. They walk on 2 legs. They have such a low morale that

they are specialized in piracy and kamikaze ships.

Nannites: This lifeform is invented by the humans but they soon went another way. They are microscopic

small and based on electronics. They have ships that can separate in smaller pieces.

5. Attacks and movement in space

In ST you can attack other player to score points. Points are the destroyed ships crewmembers, a.k.a

Man Power (MP). You have limited manpower, to not make your fleets to big. The only way you can increase

your MP is by researching Clone Labs. It adds 20% more MP, but every ship costs 1 more MP. It is good for

the ships that need many manpower (65MP), but for example fighters (1MP), it is stupid.

Your ships are divided in different classes. Class 1, the fighters, have low MP. Class 2, the destroyers,

average MP, Class 3, the cruisers, much MP and Class 4, the Motherships, Lots of MP.

You always need minimum 1 of all classes. Example, if you have no C1, and the opponement does have a decent

c1 his c1 will start fighting your c2. if you have no c3, and the opponement does, your opponement's class

3 will start fight your attackless c4.

NOTE: IN THE BEGINNING YOU WILL LOSE A FEW BATTLES, PUTTING YOU IN MINUS SCORE, DONT LEAVE SPACETRACE,

YOU WILL LEARN AND GET THE HANG OF IT. MAYBE YOU WILL BE A TOPSCORER.

I hope you learned of it, regards Lol Rok of the Charr

PS: if you have things you want to have added, type it and i'll add it.

Gotta love Compu_Head!!!!!
 Back to top »
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Can somebody please sticky this thread?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Ok...got some to add... ;)

Using an all class fleet can often be disasterous for you...

Example....2000 fighters, 120 destroyers, 12 cruisers vs 6 cyclopses, 6 apollo cruisers, 6 plasma gunship and 10 cruisers....

1) Class 1 vs class 3....6 cyclopses kill ~1000 fighters. 6 apollos kill ~ 60 destroyers and 6 plasma gunships kill 6 cruisers...then the surviving fighters take out a few (very few lol) of the attacking class 3

2) Class 2 vs class 3....repeat the above...except now there is hardly any of the all class fleet left to respond....

3) If any enemy class 3 remain then ...repeat the above...(again ....lol)...

4) 10 cruisers kill a mothership....the all class fleet is now history...taken out with less mp mostly in the 1st two sub-battles....

This mycolloid spam can be a tough one but not unbeatable....putting 36 evaporators in the the class 1 can totally turn this battle around.

note the "cross class" attack ships hit their targeted class no matter what class sub-battle occurs

Also be very careful who you let into your alliance...spies are common and small alliances are vunerable to "assasination".

ROFL...this one took a while to write...damn micro-sized keyboard on my notebook pc...LOL...
 Back to top »
promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:

However, the basics are very handy, as I oftenget sick of newbies continuing to ask questions upon questions when they can find ALL of the answers in the manual.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: yea...I know what you mean

Even when some people read the manual they still don't grasp what the are reading and will repeat thier questions every other day
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: FALSE

FALSE!!!! Davlan sorry but what you said is false
2000 fighters-600=1400-10=1390(anyway those 10 fighters are going to attack. So in the best case just 1 cyclop is hited by the 1406 fighters. So 1300, that could destroy 13 ships...uhmmm 10 cruseros, 2 plasma gunship and 1 apollo in THE BEST BATTLE SITUATION. Then you destroy his class 2 and his class 3. You are still wining pts and you win more if you add a major reconsrcutor.And even more if you fin a Capable ship!
In anycase what Davlan said about the losing the mothership is TOTALLY false, just see at the topic under this;).
And that can happen just IF he is mycioloyd and he has researched all those ship, you just basicly make realize the noobs about the really Swank fleet . It is not helpfull

Nobody understand the manual cuz this game is quite complicated and explain it is a bit out of mind. You need time to read everything. So i suggest that
1)Iif want to help noobs, we cant expect that them would read the forum, we first have to get them into the forum
2)The most complicated thing to me was understand the battle syntaxes, and after 3 years playing i still have some doubts
My help is:
1)Everyone is equal, no matter the time when you join
2)Using standard ship dosnt mean that you would lose pts
3)There are no more than 10 ships that can be combinated to destroy a standard fleet
4)As example:
1 crusero has 100/100 vs 100 fighters EACH ONE 1 /1. All the battles in this game are determinated by turns.Each ship has his turn, the turns are one for a player and one for the enemy, you can ever get 2 consecutive turns, just with special ships(see jaming)(yeah right stick this to the manual;) ).
This means that a crusero will attack JUST one ship, that means just 1 fighter.Even if the crusero has 100 ap this ap CAN NOT be subdivided . That's why each standard ship in an incresing order of class is cheaper.
So if we have 1 crusero vs 101 fighters we will lose the crusero cuz each fighters get his turn and does a damage of 1 lp.
Who hits first in a battle? It is random. So lets supouse that we shoot first. We will kill 1 fighter and he would have 100 left, those 100 are going to destroy our crusero.
The score of a battle is determinated by the number of mp that you destroy of the enemy's fleets less the nº of mp that he got from you. This score dosnt mean that you will reduce your mp whn you go to production. You just would have it free again.
So returning to the example
We destroy 1 fighter and he destroy our crusero we lose 59 pts, that would mean our score is -59.
Why if i had just one crusero did he hit me hundred of time? Because everyship will get his turn if the enemy's ship in the same class arent destroyed. If everyone attacked and still are ships in both side the battle just end and begins the other class battle.

What means this? See at the missile launcher....
400 missile luncher vs 1 destroyer and 60 cruseros
As you can see you wont destroy the destroyer so all the missile launcher will get their turns and you'll create ships in your class 3 that will fight vs the cruseros destroying them and you would lose 60 missiles that havent a value of mp. Here you win a lot of pts.

But what about this?
400 missile luncher 1 destroyer vs 1 destroer and 60 cruseros
In the battle ( where the turns are simple shuffled) there will be a moment when the your destroyer attacks the enemy's one. And this would happen surely before all your missile launchers get their turns. So if you destroy his class 2 ship, he wont has even 1 it would mean that the subbattle is over. And the cruseros would fight just vs the missiles that were launched, let say 200.
Here you win pts too, but less that the 1º battle situation.
 Back to top »
Lol Rok
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject:

Nobody has to add something?

When you want to add:

1. First type the text you want to add

2. Type proper English

3. It must be not to hard to read

4. Use CAPS

Gotta love Compu_Head!!!!!
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: wtf?

the game as itself is really hard to understand so i dont want noob that are not open to learn.If you wanna learn and be the best for 1 day you need to read everypost and every word from the manual
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » a little help

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: