Register
evaporator
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Battle reports » evaporator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: evaporator

i dont get the function of this....if my cylop attack all those ships do they active? if they active his function why did they attacked my other cyclops that didnt do anything? if this BR is fine can someone explain me step by step this.
yours: 28 ships
class 3:
13 cruisers (100/100, 60 MP)
14 cyclopses (0/100, 120 MP)
class 4:
1 mothership (0/1000, 320 MP)

enemy: 84 ships
class 1:
35 fighters (1/1, 1 MP)
47 evaporator (1/2, 12 MP)
class 2:
1 protector (10/10, 10 MP)
class 4:
1 mothership (0/1000, 320 MP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
your class 3 vs enemy class 1: V
enemy:
35 fighters
47 evaporator
you:
13 cruisers
14 cyclopses

1 cyclops destroys 81 ships
1 cruiser vs 1 evaporator

27 evaporator destroy 27 ships
1 fighter vs 1 cruiser

losses:
enemy :
35 fighters
47 evaporator
you :
13 cruisers
14 cyclopses
score in this subbattle: -1861

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
your class 4 vs enemy class 2: V
enemy:
1 protector
you:
1 mothership

1 protector vs 1 mothership

losses:
enemy :
-
you :
-
score in this subbattle: 0

your class 4 vs enemy class 4: V
enemy:
1 mothership
you:
1 mothership

losses:
enemy :
-
you :
-
score in this subbattle: 0

summary:
enemy losses:
class 1:
47 evaporator
35 fighters

your losses:
class 3:
13 cruisers
14 cyclopses

score: -1861

BTW yes i am back..hi!
 Back to top »
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject:

the evaporator destroys ships when it gets modified the effect occurs in the class of the ships that modified.

Click!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: lol

kame..u know who i am...and i know that now i am just asking why the efect of the cyclops happened. If the evaporatos trigered it and destroyed my ship, how the hell did i destroyt the evaporators? are they SD..i dont know anything
 Back to top »
SOAT
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

Well it is clear bug, why:

the ships in question doing this:
if cyclops has its turn, it do a loop for the first 100 class 1 ships with LP > 0 and make a destroy command. Those C1 ships that does not have tigger_0_destroy are destroyed, no doubt. But our evaporator does not have this command so it is fine, the ship is destroyed. Evaporator have tigger_destroy command which, right before destroying, destroy the first enemy ship with LP > 0 in the class it fights.

So when we know how these two ships work we can look a bit where the bug is based on battle report provided:
when the cyclops fires a wave, it destroy first evaporator and as a responce, the evaporator destroy a cyclops, so far so fine, but the loop for this cyclops still continue and when second evaporator is destroyed, it just as a responce destroy a enemy ship in the class it fights with LP > 0, and it is BUG, the second evaporator should still try to kill the cyclopes that fired a wave to him!

So in our case, all C1 ships should be destroyed and 1 cyclopes as well...

It would also mean no cruiser should be destroyed, because when cruiser hit evaporator it is not destroyed by this evaporator. But this is not our case, in our case 1 cyclopes fired a wave that destroyed 100 C1 ships and as responce all 27 C3 ships were destroyed because of programming bug. The result was (about) -1600 points instead of +500 points.

The C1 combo used is clear misuse of evaporators to exploit this bug. Please players, be a little honoured and dont exploit this bug until it is fixed (hopefully!).

BTW, i dont use C3 ships and I use evaporators as well, but with blockade runners (about 200), other C1 ships (about 600) and about 10-20 evaporators. THIS is fair use of evaporators not the one that was used, and will work against cyclopes fine even if the bug is fixed
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject:

no bug, 30 evaporators modified by a cyclops will destroy 30 class 3 ships if he has them. That is the purpose of evaporators, to mess up class 3 combos. They do the same with spectres and a few other things can set em off as well.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject:

Indeed. Evaporators destory any one ship if they are modified, so a player has to be careful when using heavy sw fleets. The only effective means of countering this I know of is by using c1 to take out the evaporators.
SOAT
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject:

Well ok I get it, but then here is easy tactic to piss of people to dont use cyclopes and dreads at all:

first get a battle report, if cyclopes or dreads presented
then clear his C1 (if he has it)
and right after this send your 30 or so evaporators to get whooping score.

To me it is abuse of evaporators, sorry. This way, it is not a balance.
 Back to top »
Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:

They are balanced. I have had whooping scores against schockwave fleets without them, hardly less than I would with evaporators.

The point is that these are risky to use. They only kill in the class they are fighting, so you'd have to clear c1 and c2 first. These then just finction as a cheap replacement for the penguins I'd use.
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: rubens

sorry but nobody told me the answer. Are the evaporators SD..if one cyclops active all the evaporators and all them take their turns and destroyed my ships is nice, cuz the evaporator can attack without recieve his turn...till there is a bit balance i think they should have 15 mp.
NEway if my cyclops didnt worked out how did i killed his evaporators? are they SD?
if i counter it with a fleet 1c1 and then cyclops ythe evaporators will destroy my cyclops?
 Back to top »
kamekaz6

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:

no i think the evapourators were destroyed but just before they snuffed it they took the class 3 down with them
 Back to top »
ruben s

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: ?

ARE U SAying that my cyclop destroy th class 1 after the evaporator attacked me? o sense, exlain me the battle syntax that u think that happened
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject:

lol....I love those evaporators....Is about the only really effective way I have to deal w/ a mass of all class 3 of cruisers, apollos and cyclopses.

It is very amusing to note alot of cruisers and apollos get took out when the cyclopses trigger the evaporators in the class 1 vs. class battle
 Back to top »
SOAT
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

kamekaze6 told it clearly.

look at the battle syntaxes:
cyclops = destroy,enemy,100,1,all,cyclops destroys
evaporator = trigger_destroy@kill,enemy,1,this,all,evaporator destroys

where

destroy = destroys a ship and leaves it with 0 LP. (it is still reconstructable this way)

trigger_destroy = this adds a trigger to the ship, that causes an action you can define later, that would happen right after the ship was destroyed by a 'destroy' effect

To your second question
>NEway if my cyclops didnt worked out how did i
>killed his evaporators? are they SD?

cyclops do a destroy command, evaporators are directly destroyed by your 1 cyclop, but all evaporators have trigger_destroy command which is defined kill first ship in the enemy class that currently fight (class 3 in our case). Evaporators are not SD, they were all destroyed with the first cyclope.

Your third question:
>if i counter it with a fleet 1c1 and then
>cyclops ythe evaporators will destroy my cyclops?

if your class 3 fights against ANY enemy class (1,2,3 or 4) and you have at least 1 cyclope, then when the cyclope take its turn it destroy 100 ships in enemy class 1. If enemy class 1 have still 50 evaporators then this also mean up to 50 your Class 3 ships are immediately destroyed.

So if you have even one Cyclope in your 50 ship Class 3 fleet, your whole clas 3 will be destroyed if your cyclope take its turn, assuming enemy has 50 evaporators in his Class 1, regardless what classes fights, like your class 3 against enemy class 3

Hope I answered all your questions,
regards
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: rubens s

nop...
SO the triger comand occurs after he is destroyed? i had understood that the triger comand happens in the turns of the ship in this case, when he gets modified so he can destroy all my ships but i cant destroy his ships.
If what u are saying is true taht means that the evaporator can attack after he is dead.:S
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Battle reports » evaporator
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: