View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Starting Out

for a first glimpse look at your welcome page:
Quote:
what do you need to play this game?

* this game is complex, so you need some patience; in the first time you may lose some battles, but don`t worry you will succeed soon
* read the manual and the forum. if you need more information: just go to the irc chat (com menu) to ask some expierienced players

so you know what you can expect, if you want to go on you could read this:
http://manual.spacetrace.org/howtostart.php?lang=en
-> manual : http://manual.spacetrace.org/

if you are a bit more experienced you can browse some hours through this:
http://manual.spacetrace.org/mship.php?lang=

you should try to read a bit in the forum too. Here is a topic about fleet construction (for advancers):
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=397

but i have some more for you:
*join an alliance : go to the recruitment forum:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

or to the allaince statistics in the game (in hq) to send a message to an alliance

*try to battle many players right from the beginning. You may lose some points but you will learn fast. Try to battle good players, they will teach you some lessons.

*Unlike in other games it makes really no sense to have multiple accounts...

-----------
as you can imagine any race is worthy, just choose one and explore ...
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

i found a good explanation, what you should do first when you start the game:
T2 wrote:
The DSP is movable, the vessel scan is not and strictly tied to your base. You can build a Vessel scan in a couple of hours. Then you have the first thing needed when building a base defence. The ability to see how many Class 1,2 or 3 ships is in your opponents fleets.
He may try to hit you with a small fleet first to see what you have in your fleets, then attempt to defeat your set-up with his remaining 2 fleets.
It is best if you only keep a couple ships of each class in your base and put your remaining ships in fleet 1 and/or fleet 2 and 3.
Attacking someone that has at least 2 fleets is much harder than attacking a single fleet.
Hope this helps. I realize the concept is hard to grasp at first that if all else fails, don't give your enemy anything to score points off of. Many players run from battle when they know they cannot score positive. If you still have a Defence Array intact around your planet, nobody is fool enought to lose 200-300 points from a def array to try to gain 100 points from a basic base defence

DavAlan wrote:
do not try to use a huge base fleet by itself as defense esp from multiple incomings (even if they are from one player)

maybe everyone can post the best tips they can find in the forum how to start the game (no discussion here, only the tips, so a new player doesent have to read too much)
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I started a file of personel tips I use to help new players that join us. I get tired of repeating the same stuff over and over so instead, decided to save my help tips in a notepad file to myself to avoid repetition. I hope it is helpful but it's not real big yet.

Battle tip - try to always keep at least 1 ship of each class in your BASE.
This will help protect your buildings.
The reason is, THE SUB-BATTLE STOPS WHEN ALL SHIPS HAVE FOUGHT IN EITHER YOU OR YOUR OPPONENTS fleet.
This means, if your oppomnent hits you with 1000 fighters and you only have 1 fighter, after your 1 fighter shoots, the sub battle stops and moves on to the next class to battle. The opponent will have 999 fighters just sitting there now because they already fought.
Now...if you had no ships in your base, those same 1000 fighters will try to hit your buildings. As building do not shoot back (except def array), each of the opponents fighters will try to take a turn until somebody loses a ship.
Enemy ship hits a building. Your building tries to shoot but has no firepower. Next Enemy ship hits the building. Building tries to shoot back but has no firepower. 3rd enemy ship tries to shoot the building...etc. and so on until somebody gets a ship destroyed or all the ships fight.
Each time the fighter hits your building, it's LP goes down by 1 point untill it is finally destroyed when LP reaches 0.

THere is many ramifications to what I just told you but the basic fight sequence remains the same.
It is this way you must "outsmart" your opponent by trying to manipulate your fleets so he does the least damage to you .
If an opponent came at my base with just 1 fleet, I would put my fleets 3 of them out in space 1 sector away just before my enemy hit. I would look at the battle report to see what the enemy had in his fleet ...say 1000 fighters 100 destroyers and 10 cruisers. Of course it depends on what you have in your fleet but I would first try to take out his fighters by sending a fleet of 1000 fighters 1 destroyer 1 cruiser and 1 mother.
This should take care of all his fighters leaving his c2 ships (destroyers) open for the next attack . If I had 2000 fighters initially in "orbit" , I would try to take out his destroyers with my 2nd fleet by putting 1000 more fighters in fleet 2 and attacking him. This makes a c1 vs c2 battle or your fighters against his destroyers because he has no longer any class 1 ships.
This is the battle where you make points. He has 100 destroyers and you have 1000 fighters and it takes 10 fighters to kill 1 destroyer.
You will kill all his 100 destroyers because all 1000 of your fighters will fight but he only gets 100 shots at your fighters with his destroyers, You will lose 100 fighters.
In reality, you will not kill all his destroyers because after 1 of your fighter's shoot, he will shoot and make a kill but he only gets 100 shots and you will get 900 shots with your fighters taking out 90 of his destroyers. 10 fighters = 1 destroyer kill.
The result would be you get 90 destroyers killed at 8 mp each = 630 points . He gets 100 fighters killed = 100 points. so you win 530 points.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

"Always leave at least one class1, class2 and class3 ship at your base",
"In the beginning you should research improved field theories and the deep scan probe",
"Never build more than 3 motherships",
"Ask alliances in the forum or in the statistics if you can join them",
"Before building new ships you should study the manual carefully",
"Read the manual: http://manual.spacetrace.org",
"the battle happens in the order of the classes. the smallest classes fight against each other first. ships of different classes cannot fight against each other unless one of the players has classes with no ships.",
"all fleets with different attitudes fight against each other.",
"for each battle between two fleets the ships shoot in alternate order always ship against ship. some ships have special abilities, that also depend on this order. ",
"if the fleets stay in the battle area after the fight, then they just stand there and don't fight against each oher until the next confrontation time is over which is after 24 hours. ",
"ships of different classes cannot fight against each other unless one of the players has classes, that contain no ships.",
"at the end of each combat, you gain points equal to the total manpower (mp) of the destroyed ships minus the total mp of your own losses.",
"you need at least one class 4 ship with a warp drive in your fleet to travel in deep space, for example a mothership.",
"when you loose all your warp capable ships in a fleet, this fleet hangs in space and can only return when you send another fleet with another warp-capable ship.",
"you can set the attitude to attack, defense or you can define your own secret attack-code. all encountering fleets in space that have different attitudes fight against each other.",
"If you don't know what to do at all check out the video tutorial: http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5579"

if you have more significant tips like this please post them here, (we will teach spacebot to tell them to newbies)
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Starting Out
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: