Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Uicabom und BONNER ALLIANCE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Uicabom und BONNER ALLIANCE!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
untouchable
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject:

Nach mehreren Versuchen darauf aufmerksam zu machen, dass Uicabom und Bonner cheaten, sind wir uns nun ganz sicher:

Sämtliche Last-Login-Zeiten von Uicabom und BONNER alliance lagen bei 1D 21h. Somit spielt ein Spieler BONNER und Uicabom!
Bezeugen können das, da wir hier auf einer kleinen Home-LAN, sind gleich 4 Leute!
Aus der alliance THE FORCE Obi-Wan of Kenobi und Untouchable of Gondor und aus der alliance The United Mutations Gimli Gnoisson of Moria und Duke of Southend.

--------------------------------

After trying to bring out an evidence that BONNER and Uicabom alliance are cheating we are sure now that they do!
All Last-Login-Times were 1d 21h ago!

My virtual signature

Untouchable of Gondor
Keeper of wisdom and freedom!!!

[ This Message was edited by: untouchable on 2002-07-21 12:58 ]
 Back to top »
Hobbit
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject:

Even if I'm not in the alliance The United Mutations, I am a witness to the discovery of the Doubleaccounting.

My virtual signature

Hobbit of Shire alias Gimli Gnoisson of Moria

[ This Message was edited by: Hobbit on 2002-07-21 12:54 ]
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject:

Me too.

My virtual signature

Tinus of Tinitus alias Commander of the klingon empire alias obi-wan of kenobi
 Back to top »
taselke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject:

Again with my real forum name

My virtual signature

Tinus of Tinitus alias Commander of the klingon empire alias obi-wan of kenobi
 Back to top »
Bilerator
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject:

I can sign that, too !

2nd Rear Admiral Duke of Southend alias Methusalem of Ronaton alias Dominion of Ringplanet.
 Back to top »
SirTaz
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject:

BONNER alliance the ? should be are these accounts of a group of people that play the game together or the act of one person for the login times are all close together i'm showing 2 days 10 hrs / 2 days 9 hrs.
and to me that seems to be inactivity and In most multi on line playing Battle games these accounts would be adressed by the active players.
-------------------------------------------
Uicabom Alliance
most show 2 days 9 hrs but there is four that show 9 hrs 41mins but again is this a group that games the game together or the doing of a person playing multiple accounts.
---------------------------------------------

My virtual signature

Mute of S.O.B. alias SirTaz of Space Nomads
 Back to top »
flitze
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject:

well funny thing,

either it says "offline since 2d 10h" or "offline since 10h". both uicabom and bonner alliance players wildly mixed up.

my thoughts are:

5. BONNER 13 Player
48. Uicabom 14 Player
------------------------
= 27 Player !!!

i don´t think they are multi-accounts!!!

its just a computer course at highschool somewhere and they all are playing this beautiful multiplayer online game spacetrace!!!

i think the admins should be proud having a whole class playin´ it!

i like this idea.

regrads,

flitze aka Nembrid of Aritosar
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:

its just a computer course at highschool somewhere and they all are playing this beautiful multiplayer online game spacetrace!!!

i think the admins should be proud having a whole class playin´ it!

Well, since we are on a LAN they may be on one too... So no Multi-Accounts just friends!

The admins promised to do something against this!
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject:

i sent them a message and asked them to give a statement.

they are not only one players but there were some multiaccounts in the alliances but maybe they already stopped using the multiaccounts (2 and a half days is a long time in space )

we added a note on the registration page for new users, that it is not allowed to have more than one account. i think it was not completely clear for everyone before. maybe some new players, that never played a multiplayer online game before and that didnt read the discussion in the forum.

i think now it should be all clear.
 Back to top »
mauras
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I'm a member and founder of the UICABOM alliance. We are 90% portuguese pals, among friends and co-workers of mine and co-workers and friends of VKM.

Unfortunately it's not the first time I see these things (accusations) happen in an online multiplayer game with always the same epicenter: we are portuguese.

I'll explain. Once, in a online multiplayer game (www.soccersim.com) I saw one GameMaster come with the brilliant conclusion that about 400 managers were.. the same guy . All Portuguese.

Since it was impossible for that to be true due to the nature of the game, they investigated it further and came up with an interesting conclusion: Portugal's main ISP, PT Multimedia (it's the company that controls IP numbering and the com infrastructures) worked in some obsolete method that made Portuguese ppl have same IP's or very similar ones.

So Conclusion 1: Don't be fooled by our IP's because our ISP is pure crap.

Secondly, I have about 3 or 4 ppl in the same company to whom I showed the game and that are playing. They connect with exacly the same IP than me.

On the other hand the same happens in VKM's company, where there are ppl connecting with the same IP than him, even ppl not from the same alliance than ours.

Conclusion 2: Even if our main national ISP wasn't so crappy we would still have more than one guy showing up the same IP due to company connectivity.

Finally, having discussed the technical aspects of the issue I must say:

Do you think that if we were the same person we would have stupid incidents like attacking eachother's planets ocoasionally, due to faulty communication between us? I don't think so.

Do you think that if we were the same person we wouldn't make a better usage of all this power and we would be rock and rolling the galaxy and rulling the black hole? Just take a look at our score and investigate how many times we even got near the blackhole... 0.

It's pretty evident that we are a wide group, and the more bigger the alliance the more difficult to coordinate it and that's why it's difficult to do so.

Of course ocassionaly we ask eachother to make some changes on our accounts during nights, weekends, vacation, etc whenever one of us cannot access for a long time or is in a criticar battle or something but who doesn't do that? Can you say to me that it has never happened here? Come on.. I play multiplayer online for years.

Finally what I say is. This is a very clever game in terms of anti-cheating philosophy. Being a game of strategy and not a game of conquest makes multi accounts totally irrelevant. The more coordinated and even (I'm starting to realize now) smaller the alliance the greater chances of sucess. Nowadays we are huge and we are suffering from it.

But, in terms of practical results... imagine we are indeed cheating.. do you see any practical results from that? Are we "ruling" the galaxy?

Of course not.

cheers to all,

Maurilio
 Back to top »
mauras
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject:

I forgot something.

About Bonner.. I know it's made up entirely by some VKM co workers who we refused to join due to our size. In the moment we are getting along wich doesn't mean we will be in peace with them forever mainly because it's ppl I and other members and friends at UICABOM don't even really know.

that's all.
 Back to top »
untouchable
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Of course ocassionaly we ask eachother to make some changes on our accounts during nights, weekends, vacation, etc whenever one of us cannot access for a long time or is in a criticar battle or something but who doesn't do that? Can you say to me that it has never happened here? Come on.. I play multiplayer online for years.

No problem for me... But please don't do this for 26 players! When we checked your Last-Login-Times they were nearly exactly the same for BONNER and Uicabom! This is not very realistic...
 Back to top »
Dougster
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject:

And one player sending his alliances fleets into battle seems a little out of line to me too. Moving fleets for a friend who cant come online is one thing I think, playing the game for lots of other people is quite different.
 Back to top »
mauras
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I cannot be 100% certain because i only know 10% of the bonners but i believe that login times have to do with the fact they work together or something...

anyway I agree with your overall advices.

cheers
 Back to top »
Lord Philemon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't it take longer than two or three minutes to coordinate all fleets, to build etc.? I think if they were multiaccounting the login times would be more than just a few minutes?
 Back to top »
Bilerator
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject:

the last login time I saw was 1 day 21 hours, so they had one hour to do all that, Phil
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject:

so everything seems fine.

i think it is clear now, that nobody should do some small changes in other accounts.

i think we can continue now in a peaceful space-war

(this IP-thing is clear, we have the same problem at home with only one IP adress)
 Back to top »
PrinceBugsey
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject:

hehe kewl-->

SirTaz
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I have a ? on the Commando Alliance its seems that three of them, most be useing the same computer ,or it one person! I saw one come on line and a couple mins later aother came on line and after that the 3rd come on line. Is there away to known weather or not this is one person or Not, does the games program have away of known if its the same Ip address and if i'm wrong show "Me coomando's" you known who you are!
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject:

this is not a problem.

there are lot of players that only have one computer in the house and if they all play, then they look like it is one player. some others play in a computer room in the university and there they can coordinate attacks very precise.

this is ok.

i think we made it clear that it is not appreciated if someone plays two or more accounts so i think we should stop accusing people here now, ok?
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Uicabom und BONNER ALLIANCE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: