WoC lives again
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » WoC lives again
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject:

As the former Warriors of Chaos descended deep into the vast hulk of the derelict VDN Invincible, once the flagship of a great fleet, they became keenly aware that time had done relatively little damage to ship-critical systems. The warp core was offline, but the ship appeared to be fully intact otherwise.

As they proceeded down the central corridor, the came across the drop pod silos, all pods were missing. It seemed the crew had managed to get off the ship before the radiation discharge that had disrupted the warp core had struck the ship.

The men came across a number of signs at a crossroads in the corridor. One young lieutenant broke the silence.

"Sorry sir, I can't read it. I have no idea where to go now."

Weylyn replied immediately. "I can lad, we have indeed found the derelict of my old command ship, the VDN Invincible. It was in this ship that I lead the last stand of the order, let's hope the command systems are still intact. The bridge is that way, follow me."

The bridge was indeed that way, and after only two hundred metres they found the entrance to the command section of the bridge. The door was sealed, but again Weylyn knew the correct code to open it.

As they walked through the door, Weylyn practically jumped to the interface panel next to the captain's seat. As he touched the activation panel, a holographic interface appeared, along with an image of the Entire ship. As he called up a damage report, he saw that parts were irradiated, but there was no damage done to the bulkheads. He brought up the activation sequence for the warp core, and it too was intact.

Three hours later, the warp core was back online and the bridge systems were running again for the first time in a decade. Before the ship would start its long journey back to Valcorra, Weylyn sent out a deep space message on the old command channel.

This is WoC command to all remaining warriors, the Invincible flies again. The Valcorran Second will re-establish a command structure. If any Warriors, old or new receive this, I await your reply.

Weylyn of Valcorra
WoC-CoW

Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject:

This will be a part-RP alliance. There will be the strategy element as always, but roleplay should be a part of what we stand for. If you hate roleplaying, you need not apply.

promethius2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject:

HAIL WEYLEN!!
2ND IN COMMAND OF WOC!, BROTHERS OF NEO-NAZGUL!!

*Lifts up his sword to sunlight*
Glad to see you back
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jazzy
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Bye bye Tea....
Was fun........
 Back to top »
Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject:

"Lord Weylyn, the repairs on the Invincible are complete."

"Very good captain," Weylyn said "I must congratulate you for working so swift. You and your men may take the rest of the day off."

Weylyn cut off the comlink and looked out of the window of his shuttle he saw the massive VDN Invincible looming over him. He saw that several squadrons of fighters, heavy interceptors from the look of them, were launching from the old mothership and started to move toward the carrier's main hangars. He himself would dock in the shuttle bay near the bridge.

After he boarded the vessel, he didn't go to the bridge immediately. There was an inspection planned for today, so he went to the mess hall instead. When he arrived, he was pleased at what he saw. All of the pilots were standing in formations, every squadron stood separate from the others, and the fleet pilots stood across from the fighter pilots.

The fighter pilots looked impressive enough in their carapace armour, flight gear in place. But truly awe-inspiring were the marine squads. These biomodified soldiers stood in perfect formation with their powered assault armour covering most of their faces. The eyes, still visible, emitted a faint radiance as a result of the nanites in their blood. Weylyn always liked these troopers, he himself had once started out as a fighter pilot but he had always admired the sheer strength and endurance of these men.

The inspection itself was almost perfect, he could only find a few defects in one of the vehicles in the secondary boarding hangar. The engineering crews would have their allowance reduced for the coming week. He accepted nothing short of perfection, for in battle there are no second chances.

After the inspection he headed to the bridge. It was time the Invincible proved herself worthy of her name again.

"Comm, order the fleet to prepare for hyperjump, we have some business to take care of."

The young comm. Officer immediately set about doing his job, and did so admirably even though he was relatively unexperienced. Weylyn then turned to the map screen and gave his order to the con officer.

"Con, set bearing three-three-mark-negative-4-mark-negative-nine for 3444 light-years."

"Con aye, bearing confirmed, we are good to go. Helm, run the final check and prepare for hyperjump."

The helmsman ran a quick check of his instruments and started the hyperjump sequence. Ten seconds later The ship's bulkheads groaned under the immense strain of hyperdrive acceleration.

Weylyn then moved to the internal comm panel. "It has been too long since the Invincible last proved her name to be true, it is time she does so again. Condition One, all hands to battle stations!"

Trzbiatowski
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject:

wooo guys its just a game!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kever
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Sounds nice =) I would join if I already werent in th best alliance
I hope your flag ship never sees my personal cruises, because it would be the end of your dear ship

kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject:

lol kever is expert of cruisers HAHA

Click!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kever
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Lol kame that wasn't funny I wish you lots of misfortune in yoru upcoming battles kame

Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject:

After the battle at coyote's, Weylyn felt rather disappointed. He was hoping for a challenge, he got a massacre. The enemy fleet defending the planet fled, leaving the base wide open. The base was completely destroyed by the bomber squadrons aboard the Invincible, but the fleet was still missing.

As he checked the radar screen, he found no trace of the enemy ships anywhere.

"Con, send the fleet one sector away. We're going to wait for them. They can't hide forever…"

@kever, you may be good in -using- cruisers, I'm one of the best in killing them

jazzy
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:

...In Great Awe....I watched out the window of my Base...and my eyes seemed deceiving....As the Warrior Weyleyn approached, the scoundrel Coyote ran to his fleets...I saw him prepare two fleets...and he stumbled as he ran...his engines gave off heavy smoke as he rushed away from his base...
Little did we know the creep had not just run, but had gone to deposit his fleets at Dutchbatter's.....Now...Whatever is the scoundrel gonna do....Go home where damage awaits....hang around DB's base a bit longer....?!?!?!?!
Watching you....Coyote.....and more and more fleets will hunt you down....
Nicely written Weyleyn...well done !!!
Greetz
 Back to top »
-Ares-
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Weylyn, that was a nice written story!

Guidop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject:

YESSSS

captain captain
look what i see over here at the sensors
i checked and double checked it
this can't be true
check again

NOW it really really true
we see the great VDN invinceble

hurry lets send a S.O.S out

HURRY HURRY NO TIME TO LOOSE
we are already stuck on this planet for 3 generations
and have no sources to get a warp reaktor back but they will help us
we are also decendents of the great warriors
we kept training course we new help would come
the last battle we did was ages ago but now we soon canfight again on the side of the greats

lets send a celebration around on the planet
we will fight again soon
we are ready to get reunited with our families our friend our history
well did they get our S.O.S.
i'm so exited about this i always dreamed about this moment
it will be glorious
soon we rule the universe again

let all the soldiers get ready for inspection
well did they get our S.O.S.
can't wait on the answer so happy so happy over here

captain captain

YESS
incomming message
yess yess
what is it don't keep me waiting

they will come for us
weylyn with the great invinceble VDN is on the way

finally we will reunite and get a warp engines again to leave this planet

Back to top »
doomstar
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject:

In a far corner of the galaxy, Tea Leaf slowly drinks his cup of Green Bamboo Green Tea. As he reminiscences of the old days, he thought of the glorious battles in which he fought against the enemies of WoC alliance. He sighs as the various thought pass by.

Just at that instance in time, his ship receives a long old and almost forgotten signal transmission. The signal is from Weylyn. Tea Leaf is delighted and orders, "Helm, trace the signal and pinpoint their hyper-jump coordinate. About time we join with our former ally and restore the glory that is worthy of our WoC alliance!"

Back to top »
jazzy
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject:

....And....as Tealeaf sips his green bamboo tea...
Ex WOC....Turiana.....sips...English Breakfast Tea....reading about Tealeaf's New Call for Adventure ....
....Weyleyn.....Dark_Rider....There's new spirit being born in Spacetrace...
....Sipping some more tea....murmurs softly....I wish ye all a lotta luck...WoC Warriors.....
 Back to top »
kamekaze6
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:

ah my old enemies are back under new management. i remember the old days when i was head master of the space academy, when i fought them. they were noble warriors, maybe i shall dispatch my messanger to their leader to see if they have space for me

Click!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guidop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject:

and yess
we finaly meet the great weylyn
we gonna get our freedom back and can leave this doomed planet that was our home for over 3 genarations

dark rider is verry exited and calls all the wariours on the planet
they look verry shap and are eager to battle the great and create chaos in the universe
he speaks to the verry devoted and scaering warriors
thay all yelled

LETS MAKE CHOAS IN TEH UNIVERSE
and over and over again
WE WILL ROCK
the strenght and power was felt by every animal on the planet and they all hided

and dark rider spoke on

the time has come
great warriors
to leave this planet and do what we trained for all life
the great the mighty invinceble VDN arrives in a few hours
our brothers are on the way to give us back a warp core so we can leave this planet
and fight again
dark rider left

Elder
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah he is back. Finally!
 Back to top »
Guidop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject:

dark rider tries to prepare for the meeting with the rgeat Weylyn and VDN invinceble

the moment has come
the door opens
Weylyn comes out
and dark rider got speachless
blablaba euhhh
welcome
he saw the true power again that was lost for 3 generations
although they kept hard training on the planet they were damned everybody in the room immidiate knew
we have to train harder but its only possible in space
but the time has come

engineers of the geat VDN invinceble joined the engineers of the dark riders
and took with them the power source needed to get a warp engine again
they installled the warp core and made also improvements on the defense and wappon system
but course it was an old ship not all new technology could be used

3 days later
they gonna try if the system works
dark rider at his post in the command centre
he give the comand
start the engines

you could hear the engine starting up it was a buzzing that grew louder and after a few minutes it got quiet
everybody heard the noise
than the engineers checked all system runnning togeter and systems runnig no problems found

now it was time to leave the planet
dark rider said
just pick some coords 500LY away
and engage
lets fly again and be free
free to fight the galaxy and lets everybody know there are some of teh great WOC alive
the ship DRFY worked very well no problems or bugs found
after that the dark riders went back to their new home world

meeting again with the great Weylyn
dark rider thks again the bloodbrothers of Weylyn

Time has come
Weylyn has to go out on important batteling to rule the universe

The dark riders will join you later but first we have to improve our skills
its be so long since we were out in space and our DRFY is no match for the new strong ships.

the engineers of weylyn left also plans and drawing of the new technology at the dark riders

they started building a new warpship immidiate

Weylyn
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Weylyn quickly made a step backwards as the soldier thrust his blade forward for a stab at the torso. Turning his blade he parried the thrust and blocked the enemy's blade. As he kept the blade locked tight, he made a feint with his off-hand blade. His adversary moved his balance slightly to counter the perceived attack, but that was a mistake. Weylyn tore the sword, still locked with that of his opponent, loose and made a lightning stroke to the neck. About three inches before he would have struck he stopped the blade.

"Well fought sergeant, my compliments. You have the rest of the day off."

The sergeant bowed slightly, saluted and left without speaking another word. Yet again he had lost to this…whelp. The blademaster had a tough time believing that a relatively young fighter like Weylyn could best him time and again, and yet he did.

Weylyn had different things on his mind however. He hurried to his quarters on the command deck. There he deactivated the suit of assault armour he had been wearing. After the plating had been laid off, he carefully removed the wires of the neural interface that were connected to his body. Next he removed the soft black carapace suit that had been underneath the armour to make wearing it less uncomfortable. With the carapace, it felt less like armour and more like a part of his body, witch in a way it was.

After all of his armour had been removed he stepped into the shower and turned on the water. The water turned red as he washed the blood off the cut across his cheek, about the only place in witch the armour had failed to protect him. As he felt at the wound, he noticed that it was a rather deep cut. He would have to clean that cut more thoroughly.

He turned off the water and walked to the sink, taking a small flask out of the box standing on the floor. He looked in the mirror and carefully applied a little bit of the thick black substance to the cut. The bleeding stopped almost at once. It would leave a mark, but he never worried about that much. He didn't have to look pretty…

He walked to his closet and took out his formal uniform. He looked in the mirror as he dressed, and looked more closely at the uniform. It was mostly black but with crimson detailing. The golden eagle on the chest shone like it had been polished just now. The two stars on his collar still seemed strange to him. It seemed only so recently that he had still been a fighter pilot fighting in the skies over Valcorra. Now he was the Admiral of the Fleet, a title he still wasn't used to. Then his gaze fell on his sword that still lay on the table. A fine blade it was, forged by a master smith as a gift for his ascension to the warrior caste. Perfectly balanced, harder than plasteel and shining like a nobleman's blade. He sheathed the blade and hung it on his belt. Now it was time to get to business.

He walked to the bridge where a conference with one of the other commanders was planned. He gave out a few orders and walked to the communications lodge, where a secure holocomm unit was being configured for the transmission.

He entered the lodge and saw that the techs had already finished and left. He walked to the holocomm and activated it. Another man appeared on the panel. That man was Kamekaze, the newly appointed Admiral and master strategist.

"Admiral, I want your opinion on operation Hammerhand. You know the targets. Alpha is a must, Beta and Gamma are secondary. Can we pull this off?"

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » The weekly explorer » WoC lives again
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: