im geting bored
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » im geting bored
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ransack
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject:

maybe we can add new stuff to spacetrace, im geting bored, is just no the same passion that i feel before

maybe we can add the numbers of pre warp planets that a player colonice, maybe 10 points for each pre warp colonice or 1 mp for each planet...

someone have a good new idea?

someone said something...

im geting bored, there is the same players over and over againg, we need more players and new stuff on this game..

Back to top »
ir4s
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject:

I totally agree, the game has became kind of boring, at least for me (also i don't like the new ships thing... but i think it's because of the lack of players, i've told all people i know and some of them are playing, also, a lot of good players are leaving the game, so no more emotion like alliance wars and that stuff, so may be it's my last round also... but anyway, tell all your friends about spacetrace and let's see what happens
 Back to top »
Skyfreak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject:

i think boring is a bit heavy to say, compared to other games, this one is the best, only that people don't understand the game, cause it needs some thinking, after all, it is not quake! I like the idea of having pre-warps but before we implement more, we should first talk about the new ships pre-warps, and i personally think that it is harming the game, a noob has really no chance since most of them don't understand the pre-warp planets and what they there for and the ships are way too powerful on those planets. If the game changes too fast, no wonder that it is even harder to understand. I say, take the ships off the pre-warps to start.

Wouldn't it be nice if the one who is attacking and online, shoots first. If both are online, random?
 Back to top »
mackman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject:

I think alot of it has to do with this new evolution system I dont like it!It was much better with the old round system.Other than that I just think people get bored of the same old thing its natural.But a needed break from the game helps alot with the old way you come back fresh after a nice break.
 Back to top »
ir4s
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Before, with the old round system, players enjoy spacetrace for a while, then have a time to rest from the game and then come back with new energies, but now... we can access the game every time we want and play as long as we want, may be that's a good point to consider about things like the "I'm getting bored" thing of ransack
 Back to top »
Dutchbatter
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject:

But not everybody wants a break (i think).

But who wants a break, can make a break by your self. When your account is at 100%, you take a break of 2 weeks. And start over again.

I can't speak about the rounds, because i have not play it. This is my second round and play of the begin of december 2003. So i came after the change.
 Back to top »
mackman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject:

You dont see my point.This game is addictive to some of us so we will play until we have a game burnout effect with this new system.Before you was forced to take a break a needed one now you can just restart the game untill you become burned out its like listening to a good song over and over again until you get sick of it understand what I mean?

Dutchbatter
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject:

Yes i understand and there you have a point.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject:

@mackman:
i understand thii. that was a problem, that we thought about, when we decided to change the round system. maybe we should add something like a "spacetrace holiday" for two weeks every now and then.
 Back to top »
Ransack
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject:

spacetrace is a very nice game, maybe if adm add some battle pics of somee animation made on flash or something visual to the game more people can find this game interesting, i thing the pre warp idea is nice who is the player with more pre warp planets?, maybe we need to forgot evolution and back to season game, i dont know... someone post one idea please

Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject:

don't worry this effect is usefull. when you played a round of spcetrace (3 months) you should take a break. do something different (move you body, read a book ) after some days/weeks you may restart.

here some more hints:

- try to use very different acount names/planet names, not every time the same style. this way you appearance in the game changes and feel of the account.

- try to adjust you playing intensity. spacetrace can be played much more like other games with a much lower intensity without having so much drawbacks. just play a bit lesser (having lower score) but you can have some great battles this way and some fun. (and it's girl/boyfriend -friendly )

- points not all :
try to change you way of play. having much points is cool but you can try out some more:
-attacking only very good players
-only defending in you alliance
-helping noobs against attackers ... etc.
- invent new ships and/or think about more suprising fleet combinations (the cyclops/apollo/reconstructor fleet is fun , but how about something new)

being non -creative in a creativity-game is the death to game play

-finally: if you have enough you may leave spacetrace to try out other things in the www , but you are free to come back at any time
there should be no break or whatever. who ever wants to restart should have the opportunity.

just choose your breaks by yourself

[ This Message was edited by: spacetrace on 2004-04-11 13:26 ]
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject:

on spacetrace u create ur own fun if u attack someone thats exiting if u r attacked thats exiting its up to u
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
compu_head
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject:

There should be a 3d enviornment like cybertown.com. Blaxxun contact if a free download and 3d worlds can be made with spazz3d or Vizx3d (http://www.spazz3d.com)
 Back to top »
SirTaz
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm not bored for i have a new hostile neighbor and he knowns who he is and very soon he will known why its not nice to attack a friednly neighbor 'grin'
 Back to top »
ir4s
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, i'll try to conclude something for all this, i've been talking with players i know and most I have some toughts about this issue.

I think the game is going down (at least for me) because of the most changes, may be now you have the game you wanted admins but i think is not that good as you wished in the very beggining, and this i have to be sincere, i think the more sense will be to go back, at least a little bit and keep going back step by step as the game doesn't go back to it's golden days, but that is just my oppinion, that your idea is too ambisiouss and simple things are the reason why people play online.

Thanks for the good days i've had in this game, hope them come back some day.

W.Ch.

JaM
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject:

If you look back things always see prettier than they were. This game is not ambisious and making a game easy it not a way to get good players. Quality, not quantity. Many people think they want the easy way, but when they have the easy way they want it to be difficult. And there never were 'golden' days. Those days when we got 600 players had some problems also (big multi problem). Stop looking back, and instead look forward. See the possiblities and forsee the mistakes that people will make with their new 'improved' ships. Think off new counter fleets and win battles more gloriously. Play SpaceTrace as it was intended to be and rule the galaxy!
 Back to top »
Nemesis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject:

Jam's right, it's quality that makes the games good. Before I came to Spacetrace, I played another spacebased game that was way to easy. The only thing you should do was build some building, then alot of ships, then send the ship to war and earn "money" that you could use on new ships. This was very funny in the beginning, but after a month or two, this got way too boring.
So quality, not quantity .

I kinda forgot where I was going with this, but if people don't want to play this game because it is too ambisious, then that's their loss, it only seems to be in the beginning...

ir4s
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject:

Maybe a nice feature will be to expand the tech tree so more researches will be needed, but not expreaded up but horizontally so you use the same basic researches and have more ghamma of chossing new ships. So everybody has more chance to build anything, also keep a certain layer of basic ships in the tech tree so the new players don't feel so overwealmed by so much ships.

It's not a complaining issue, it's about finding solutions, in all posts i've done i think, i've complained about things i don't like but i think i always propose solutions, at least one, i don't understand why people keep complaining at me :S where're your solutions? i thought it was a forum with the will to conclude something, not a forum with the will to shut peoples ideas by flaming them.

And also, i'm not looking for quantity as people say altough i like points

xavierhol
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject:

well i was taz neightbor in my last round... he sure is a nice man... the neightborg of taz will regret loosing the oportuniti of making such a good friend!!!!!!!!

JaM
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject:

Well if you don't see a problem, you don't have to come up with a solution.
I think people should take their own break. Because then you could make the break as long as you want. Furthermore the players who play for points should realize that constantly attacking noobs is not a great way to get more players. (I don't judge the players who play for points, and I do not say that they ALL bash noobs either) And I liked the round system also, because then you could say you are the winner of Round X and you know everyone start equal. Now every time the circumstances are different. And now comes my suggestion to solve that:
Maybe we could have 2 rounds in a year and play the rest of the year evolution. 1 round in the spring and 1 round in the autumn. This way a player and an alliance can have the title Ruler/Top Alliance of Spring/Autumn Round 200?. So these 2 rounds should be like a championship to compete with each other and to win a title.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » im geting bored
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: