Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
About plasma emitter and shock-wave-cruiser
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » About plasma emitter and shock-wave-cruiser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Philemon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject:

The Maual says that one plasma emitter reduces the firepower of 7 own ships by 1 and 7 enemy ships by 2 and that one
shock-wave-cruiser deals one damage to 30 enemy ships.
Do they affect the first ships in the fleet? Or only the ships in the same class?
I mean if the enemy for example has got
10 fighters, 10 destroyers and 10 cruisers,
would the plasma emitter reduce the firepower of 7 fighters and the shock-wave-cruiser deal 1 damage to 10 fighters, 10 destroyers and 10 cruisers or would the plasma emitter reduce the firepower of 7 destroyers and the shock-wave-cruiser deal 1 damage to 10 cruisers?
 Back to top »
Frederik
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject:

They only affect ships in the class they are fighting against.

If a shockwave-cruiser fights against a fleet with 10 fighters 10 destroyers and 10 cruisers :
-)It will destroy the 10 fighters in the class1 - class3 fight. (without damaging the enemies class 2 and 3 ships, as they are not involved in this fight).
-)In the class2 - class3 attack it will do 1 damage to 10 destroyers. (without damaging the cruisers, as they are not involved in this fight)
The 10 destroyers will destroy the shockwave-cruiser.
-)As there is no shockwave-cruiser left, no class3 - class3 fight will follow and the enemy cruisers remain unharmed.

-
 Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject:

as the plasma emitter is an class2 ship it will reduce your next 7 ship in class2 and 7 ship in the actual enemy class....

-> so the plasma emitter can only have an effect onto an ENEMY shockwavecruiser (that happens when enemy class2 was empty)...
BUT there the plasma emitters dont reduce the firepower of the shockwavecruiser as the shockwavecruiser actually has NO firepower it doesnt shoot but do a special effect: sending that shockwave which immediatelly deal this 30x 1 damage...

--> so a possible combination is plasma emitter with misslelauncher... enemy ships are reduces but the m.l. has no firepower too (but the special effect to send a missle into class3)...so u just reduce OWN ships which cant be reduced (plasma emitter & m.l) and you have no drawback but the enemy losses 2 firepower at his next 7 ships....
BTW: this example was just to illustrate... i dont think that this combo is very good... but maybe you find other and better ones

peace

[ This Message was edited by: peace of love on 2002-03-24 11:29 ]
 Back to top »
Frederik
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject:

Hi Peace,

Is it possible you made some typo's?

You wrote :

so the plasma emitter can only have an effect onto an ENEMY warcruiser (that happens when enemy class2 was empty)...
-> Think this is a typo and should be "cruiser". As the Warcruiser also does a special effect: sending a torpedo that does 180 damage. It is a (0,100)ship, so its attacking power cant be reduced (is 0 already).

BUT there the plasma emitters dont reduce the firepower of the warcruiser
-> Think this is also a typo and should be shock-wave-cruiser

as the warcruiser (shock-wave-cruiser) actually has NO firepower it doesnt shoot but do a special effect: sending that shockwave which immediatelly deal this 30x 1 damage...

Back to top »
peace of love
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject:

i think the failure was that i mixed warcruiser and shockwavecruiser ( as i think them both much too expensive ships- which i cant remember to have build ever...)

... so now i should be right ?!

thx,

peace

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » About plasma emitter and shock-wave-cruiser
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: